90 day reporting. Return mail with EMS?

Of course, I could ask this at the post-office but nobody speaks english so they will answer to everything I ask with "yes,yes,yes". So I rather try here:

So far, I have always put the minimum of 10 Bht worth of stamps on the return envelope from immigration. But this way, it always takes 5 to 6 weeks before I get the return mail from immigration. (!!!)

Technically, would it be a problem for "Thailand-Post" or immigration, if I put an EMS sticker on the return envelope?

Thanks & cheers.

No problem at all...

I take both envelopes to the post office and show them to the clerk... say "EMS bye immigration dai mai?" (and smile)... And motion that one envelope goes into the other... And they smile back and understand what I need... They put postage on the return envelope first and let me seal it along with everything else and then put the second EMS sticker and postage on that...

One thing... Make sure you get the EMS sticker number that is on the return envelope (I take a quick photo with my iPhone)... For some reason it does not appear on the receipt (only the one that is mailed to the immigration shows on the receipt)...

My last one cost 74 baht total... small price to pay to avoid a visit to immigration wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Edited by sfokevin

no problem i found this out through experience of waiting almost until my next report

until i recieved my reply letter it was the imm staff who advised me to attatch ems postage to my enclosed return envelope they did also say as long as i had proof of posting and reciept by them via the ems tracking system that would be ok so remember keep your postal reciept

The EMS sticker alone won't help much as someone actually has to go to the post office and pay probably baht 30++ to process as EMS.

If you're getting a long delay in receipt of the receipt, expect it's on the side of Immigration as the post office seems to work pretty well, even normal postage.

Mac

Having a EMS sticker on the return envelope is a polite way to put immigration on notice that you can track everything ;-)

To whom it may concern: At my local Post-Office a pre-stamped EMS return is "meh dayh" = no can do! The postal-wizard suggested, we pre-stamp the return with 37 Bht (same price as EMS). That way, "it will come back as fast as EMS". (Of course, with no way to track & trace.)

Let's see how that goes.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

To whom it may concern: At my local Post-Office a pre-stamped EMS return is "meh dayh" = no can do! The postal-wizard suggested, we pre-stamp the return with 37 Bht (same price as EMS). That way, "it will come back as fast as EMS". (Of course, with no way to track & trace.)

Let's see how that goes.

Cheers.

This is exactly the process I went through today, I only have the receipt for 2 x EMS postage (74B) and one tracking number which I presumed was for both the send and reply letters.

Obviously not, reading your post.

Only thing I noticed, is the staff member at the post office stamped the letters "EMS" on my return envelope before It was sealed inside the letter to immigration with 37B of stamps attached.

So, how does one track your return EMS without a second tracking number?