Shocking experience with songtieaw driver today

daoyai

I reckon the OP inadvertantly handed over a 50bt note and the driver was giving him change from a rip off price.

So who was the winner? Yes the driver again.

I once did exactly the same when taking a taxi at night. Passed over what i thought was 100bt and said keep the change.....it was a 1000bt I later disovered. That was a lesson.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Personally, I think the new 10baht fare is a bit low. I'd rather pay 20baht.

Fuel and vehicle now being supplied free of charge as a subsidy from the government.

I see in the Chiang Mai news where they are giving 10m baht rides and 5 baht rides for students. only on certain routes who they choose to keep anonymous. They are supposed to be written on the songthaew's what their route is.The government is subsidizing them. It is all part of a plan to get vehicles off the road. Off to a roaring flop.

I just witnessed a CMU female student offer 15, and the driver was firm on 20.....she bit. I was charged 30 for a ride home from the airport, and it took more than 30 minutes, as it was raining steadily, and we passed a three car accident, and another fender bender......and the traffic around that school on the west side of the moat at 16:20.....I gave him 40....he earned it.

• Like 1

You guys are being ripped off. We pay 7 baht for a songthaew in Bangkok. 12 baht gets you an air-conditioned bus. You can get across the city for as little as 22 baht on an air-conditioned train. Yet some of you idiots are handing back change because you feel so privileged to be sitting in the back of a crappy little converted pick-up truck?