Medical Advice Sought for Neck Injury

userabcd

Hi,

I am a guy between 55 and 60 years of age and looking for some advice.

Whilst in my youth working in a foreign country, was involved in a company car which overturned whilst a rear seat passenger and had an impact injury fracture to my c7 spinal process about 23 years ago. An Xray at the nearest hospital showed the C7 spinal process was broken off and I was given some pain and inflammation medication and the doctor told me it would heal. Some years later I observed in an xray of my neck that the c7 spinal process never healed/fused back to the spine.

A few days ago, here in Bangkok, someone accidentally kicked me on the back of my neck in approx the C5 to C8 spinal region and I now have pins and needle sensations in my right hand thumb, forefinger, wrist and forearm and have the same sensations in both my feet and toes, all of which I never had before.

A day after the kick when I started feeling the pins and needles sensations, I went to the nearby Samitivej hospital who referred me to their sports medicine/orthopaedic dept. A doctor, who seemed to me to be completely uninteresteded examined me, asked a few questions about pain, sought out and bent open a paperclip and proceeded to prick me here and there on my hands with the paperclip. His diagnoses was that I was OK and there was no cause for concern. I was of course unhappy and he then asked if I wanted and xray to which I agreed. They set me up and took an frontal and side xray of my neck and then it was on my way back to the doctor for the explanantion. The doctor showed me the xray and I observed the Xray did not show at all clearly my C5 to C8 neck region where I sustained the kick and the previous breakage on my C7 spine could not be seen at all. The xray showed more clearly the C1 to C5 area of my spine but the disinterested doctor said I was ok and sent me on my way.

I don't have any pain but I'm still concerned about the continuous pins and needle sensations and I am constantly thinking about it.

My enquiry is if any forum member/s could kindly suggest which type of doctor speciality I could see or any suggetions to investigate my condition would be helpful.

Thanks and kind regards

Edited by userabcd

I highly recommend Dr. Wicharn at the BNH Hospital Spine Center. Get the Xray from Samitivej to bring with you to avoid an unnecessary repeat film.

He is excellent and many TV members have been treated by him, myself included.

Thank you for the advice Sheryl, I'll contact BNH to schedule an appointment.