He Won't Be Stealing Again

bulzit

access covers can be made of anything, as long as they can bear traffic (traffic as in cars, buses, trucks, coaches, people) you dont need a cast iron one indoors, a roomsealed aliminium one would be fine

It also becomes a confined space if it is more than a metre deep, and a gas dectector should be used before entry (even if its rain water) there can be many nasty gases in them, the human waste produces cabon sulfide/dioxide which can kill in under 30 seconds, even more gases are produced in storm water drains,some HIGHLY flammable, due to various 'thing' rotting away between storm flows, they are not good places to visit without a god top man and a good harness and rope

Some people empty old oil/diesel/cooking oil in to storm drains or road drains, they go to rivers and streams, this kills a lot of fish and wildlife and can pollute drinking water (If some people get their drinking water from rivers and streams) it also rots and can spread disease

A access cover is not just there to stop people falling in them, they also keep noxious gases in :o

Thats my tuppence worth, if anyone wants to nick em, just dont go down there, you might not get out and death would be a shade slower than a bullet, but just as permanent

No, I think it still is manhole cover. I don't think the Thai's are politically correct

More to the point.. can't imagine any thai ladies being employed to work inside these holes anyway.. so the term Manhole cover is correct

totster :D

I cant see why not, seems there are more women on building sites than blokes, but they are still access covers and always have been and its not PC :o

They have always been access covers, its just been given that name by people who dont know what they are

I wasn't saying women couldn't be employed doing this kind of job.. but merely stating that I couldn't imagine a woman being employed to do that job in Thailand. I've seen the trucks with the local authority/utility company workmen in and can't remember ever seeing a woman.

Yes women are commonly found on building sites, but normally doing the support jobs like mixing concrete/mortar.

In my work I often have to deal with local authoritys and the Highways Agency, they have always referred to them as manhole covers... and the Police also for that matter..

Anyway.. IMHO I think being PC is a pile of crap.. thought up by people with nothing else to do.. you know the type..

..and then of course there are those that take it upon themselves to enforce being PC... berating anyone that fails to adhere to their version of correctness.. :D

No, I think it still is manhole cover. I don't think the Thai's are politically correct

More to the point.. can't imagine any thai ladies being employed to work inside these holes anyway.. so the term Manhole cover is correct

I cant see why not, seems there are more women on building sites than blokes, but they are still access covers and always have been and its not PC :o

They have always been access covers, its just been given that name by people who dont know what they are

I wasn't saying women couldn't be employed doing this kind of job.. but merely stating that I couldn't imagine a woman being employed to do that job in Thailand. I've seen the trucks with the local authority/utility company workmen in and can't remember ever seeing a woman.

Yes women are commonly found on building sites, but normally doing the support jobs like mixing concrete/mortar.

In my work I often have to deal with local authoritys and the Highways Agency, they have always referred to them as manhole covers... and the Police also for that matter..

Anyway.. IMHO I think being PC is a pile of crap.. thought up by people with nothing else to do.. you know the type..

..and then of course there are those that take it upon themselves to enforce being PC... berating anyone that fails to adhere to their version of correctness.. :D

I agree, I dont like PC either, but here in the UK we do have women who do go down in pits, drains, either cleaning or inspection, on all our drawings on LHR,they are referred to as access covers and the drawings go back to 1951, even the drawing of my house (which dates 1936 there is a access cover in my garden)

Maybe in the LOS they call em manhole covers, but if you call a cow a horse, does that make it a horse ? of course not, they are still axccess covers, they are access covers when we order them from manufacturers and they are cast or concrete here at LHR (and they are access covers at Bangkok Airport, I know that because I have the drawings from there when I was over there, showing the Thai's new auto flish units for their toilets and WC's)

I agree, I dont like PC either, but here in the UK we do have women who do go down in pits, drains, either cleaning or inspection, on all our drawings on LHR,they are referred to as access covers and the drawings go back to 1951, even the drawing of my house (which dates 1936 there is a access cover in my garden)

Maybe in the LOS they call em manhole covers, but if you call a cow a horse, does that make it a horse ? of course not, they are still axccess covers, they are access covers when we order them from manufacturers and they are cast or concrete here at LHR (and they are access covers at Bangkok Airport, I know that because I have the drawings from there when I was over there, showing the Thai's new auto flish units for their toilets and WC's)

I should have been more clear...

This is in the UK

totster :o

Call em manholes :D , call em access covers :D ,

I know what they are :D (and so do you :D ) and what they are for, I also know its not wise to pinch them, its a shooting offence, or you'll get fired for stealing them :D

Reckon that bout wraps it up :o

Where exactly where these installed.

I would hate to be "flished" when I am in a vulnerable position.

I sure other people would too.

:D

Oh shut your Hole! :D Anyway, I don´t think Flasher´s CAN get flished.

Isn't flish the plural for flash... :D

Anyway..calling them flashers is not PC ... the correct term is "surprise intimate revealers"

totster :D:o

Reckon that bout wraps it up :o

Don't you mean "covers it up" ? :D

Nope I have put the lid on it :D

That should "cap" it then, once you "seal" the deal ! :D

(sheesh, plumbers on this thread, electricians in the other. When will we see a Carpenters thread ? Bricklayers ?)

When will we see a Carpenters thread ?

The correct term is "tree product manipulators"... wouldn't want the carp to be offended !

totster

I think the word "Carpenters" was also copyrighted and trademarked by that musical group from way back when.

When will we see a Carpenters thread ?

The correct term is "tree product manipulators"... wouldn't want the carp to be offended !

totster

I think the word "Carpenters" was also copyrighted and trademarked by that musical group from way back when.

While were on be careful who you call carp. Fishmongers of the world will unite never mind the fresh water tacklers association :o