56 Year Old Man Shot 5 Times in Restaurant confrontation

Rimmer

56 – Year – Old Man Shot 5 Times

269.jpg
SATTAHIP – September 17, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 12.45 a.m., Pol.Capt. Naret Boonthee (Inquiry official of Sattahip police station) was notified that there was a shooting incident and 1 man had been injured at 10 Salueng boiled rice restaurant which is located at 57/2 Moo 2 Tambon Sattahip, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Pol.Col. Chonnaphat Nawalak (Superintendent of Sattahip police station), Pol.Lt.Col. Pawatchai Sudsakhon (Deputy Superintendent) and detective police team of Sattahip police station.

At the incident the officers found a pool of blood and five .38 cartridges. The injured male victim had already been sent to the emergency room at the Queen Sirikit hospital who was identified as Mr. Thaworn Sa-nguans-sat, aged 56, residing at house no. 51/58 Moo 8 Tambon Bang Kra Sor, Amphur Mueang Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi province. He had been shot in the side and his back but the bullet had pierced through his body. The doctor has performed surgery on him but he was still in a coma.

Upon investigating Mr. Songkhram Khanthong, aged 42, who is an owner of of the boiled rice restaurant, told police that Mr. Thaworn was sitting eating with 4 of his friends when suddenly a couple who sat at a nearby table started arguing, so Mr. Thaworn walked over to intervene

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/56-year-old-man-shot-5-times/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-18

Never come between a man and woman.

Why were there five cartridges left at the scene? Five rounds of .38 indicates a revolver which doesn't eject spent cartridges. Unless they were .38 Super which is a rare semi-auto round usually used for competitive shooting.

Mind your own biz and live.

It's unbelievable how Thai men can loose their cool very quickly.

They got the car and license no, thankfully, so he will soon sit in jail and rethink what he did and hopefully conclude that is was a bad idea.

Okay I seen other couple argue from other countries as well and I stay away from it.

Lets hope the gunned down man recover.

Why were there five cartridges left at the scene? Five rounds of .38 indicates a revolver which doesn't eject spent cartridges. Unless they were .38 Super which is a rare semi-auto round usually used for competitive shooting.

Perhaps it was the "back peddle" version which comes with a thrumbone influctor behind the flux capacitor to enable more usable grunt bugglies

Well what I can tell you is Pattaya is pretty tame compared to the South at the moment. Phuket has bodies turning up everywhere.

suddenly a couple who sat at a nearby table started arguing, so Mr. Thaworn walked over to intervene

(deleted).....could have seen this coming from a mile away...both of the people arguing probably shot him for butting his nose in their business....

Hope he recovers...so the lesson will not be wasted...

Edited by petercool
edited for profanity

Perhaps it was the "back peddle" version which comes with a thrumbone influctor behind the flux capacitor to enable more usable grunt bugglies

Yes, I'm familiar with that model from my time in the SAS, just before I left to become Jennifer Lopez's personal bodyguard.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm familiar with that model from my time in the SAS, just before I left to become Jennifer Lopez's personal bodyguard.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I wish I had 10 baht for all the "former SAS, Pioneers. Pathfinders, Green Berets, Force Recon & Delta Force" clowns I've met in Thailand.

============

Back on topic, I thought the same thing....Aren't all .38's revolvers?

I was wrong though see http://www.impactguns.com/handguns.aspx?Caliber=38+Super+Automatic

• Like 1

Does every Thai male over the age of 6 have a gun?

Yeah, its alot like Texas that way.

Lots of pickup trucks and lots of guns.

Something about attempting to compensate for a short something or other.

C'mon.....people kill people.

If they have a murderous mindset, folks can kill someone with a hoe. They can be tossed off balconies, drugged, stabbed, hacked, bludgeoned, drowned, poisoned, suffocated, run over, hanged, electrocuted etc, etc.

But NOOOOOO! It's always the fault of guns when gun violence happens.

While everyone talks about gun violence, violence itself is the problem.

People have been killing each other since Cain and Abel and they will continue to do so. Really bad guys who are willing to kill have no problem getting guns.

A law abiding person that wants to keep a gun for varmints or target practice or hunting, will have to fill out paperwork and register the weapon both in Texas and Thailand.

I'm in Georgia right now, (lived in Thailand for 7+ years) and I could get an illegal, unregistered firearm in...maybe 2-12 hours if I wanted one. Same in Thailand.

I'm not a murderous, violent person though. Gun control is a COMPLETE JOKE.

Outlaw guns & then only outlaws will have them.

I respect firearms. I also realize that a hoe, or a kitchen chair for that matter can kill people......So I don't do it.

Violent PEOPLE kill people.

I have a .38 revolver, 2 each .22 rifles, a 30-30 rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, along with 2 machetes & a ridiculous Samurai/Ninja sword that my younger brother gave me (otherwise I wouldn't own it).

It has never occurred to me to turn any of these against another person unless they broke into my house though.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 1

Does every Thai male over the age of 6 have a gun?

Yeah, its alot like Texas that way.

Lots of pickup trucks and lots of guns.

Something about attempting to compensate for a short something or other.

C'mon.....people kill people.

If they have a murderous mindset, folks can kill someone with a hoe. They can be tossed off balconies, drugged, stabbed, hacked, bludgeoned, drowned, poisoned, suffocated, run over, hanged, electrocuted etc, etc.

But NOOOOOO! It's always the fault of guns when gun violence happens.

While everyone talks about gun violence, violence itself is the problem.

People have been killing each other since Cain and Abel and they will continue to do so. Really bad guys who are willing to kill have no problem getting guns.

A law abiding person that wants to keep a gun for varmints or target practice or hunting, will have to fill out paperwork and register the weapon both in Texas and Thailand.

I'm in Georgia right now, (lived in Thailand for 7+ years) and I could get an illegal, unregistered firearm in...maybe 2-12 hours if I wanted one. Same in Thailand.

I'm not a murderous, violent person though. Gun control is a COMPLETE JOKE.

Outlaw guns & then only outlaws will have them.

I respect firearms. I also realize that a hoe, or a kitchen chair for that matter can kill people......So I don't do it.

Violent PEOPLE kill people.

I have a .38 revolver, 2 each .22 rifles, a 30-30 rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, along with 2 machetes & a ridiculous Samurai/Ninja sword that my younger brother gave me (otherwise I wouldn't own it).

It has never occurred to me to turn any of these against another person unless they broke into my house though.

Yes, a criminal will always find a way to kill or hurt someone, but there are countries where it is easier than others for (almost) everyone to get the most lethal weapons.

The problem (to my eyes) in some countries is that lethal weapons are too readily available for 'normal' individuals who are not all and always reliable and who may have a shot of temporary insanity once (or more) in their life. When this happens, it is best if they cannot easily access a firearm. They can still be dangerous of course with a knife or something else, but are less likely to kill many innocent people. In addition, the 'accidents' that can occur when someone keeps a gun at his or her home are often lethal, as when toddlers get their hands on this kind of 'toy'; for instance!

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/2-year-old-boy-shoots-and-kills-11-year-old-sister-in-us-505473

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/kentucky-accidential-shooting/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2609758/Boy-2-fatally-shoots-3-year-old-sister-fourth-death-U-S-month-caused-firearm-finding-way-hands-child.html

This does not happen only with criminals, but quite often when 'normal' individuals were negligent. Such individuals are much more numerous than the real criminals, and I prefer to live in a country where it is less easy for everyone to get a lethal weapon than in a country with no (effective) gun control. I have not once in my life been in a confrontation with a real criminal (as far as I know), but I have met numerous 'normal' individuals who are prompt to lose their temper for very futile reasons.

Edited by GuyL

Well what I can tell you is Pattaya is pretty tame compared to the South at the moment. Phuket has bodies turning up everywhere.

Perhaps Robocop can help, as I hear Chuck Norris is busy

How is Jenny? Does she still do that thing where she pokes her tongue out during deep action? Sexy!

A racist post has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"The injured male victim had already been sent to the emergency room at the Queen Sirikit hospital who was identified as Mr. Thaworn Sa-nguans-sat, aged 56, residing at house no. 51/58 Moo 8 Tambon Bang Kra Sor, Amphur Mueang Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi province."

=> Really wondering WHY they have to mention the name PLUS full address of a victim ???

"...so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Pol.Col. Chonnaphat Nawalak (Superintendent of Sattahip police station), Pol.Lt.Col. Pawatchai Sudsakhon (Deputy Superintendent) and detective police team of Sattahip police station."

=> Same with this (deleted) that we read in any article where an accident or crime is involved.... cant they just mention "police rushed (?) to the scene" ???

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

So the guy who shot him can now go and finish off the job of course, case closed.....TIT!

Oz

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I wish I had 10 baht for all the "former SAS, Pioneers. Pathfinders, Green Berets, Force Recon & Delta Force" clowns I've met in Thailand.

============

Back on topic, I thought the same thing....Aren't all .38's revolvers?

I was wrong though see http://www.impactguns.com/handguns.aspx?Caliber=38+Super+Automatic

Sadly former SAS/Green Beret/Delta force don't take kindly to your ridicule. So, how would you like to die? Garrote? Broken neck? One-punch-kill? Or boredom listening to a bar room tale of heroics and valor?

• Like 1