Koh Tao - Hunt continues for British tourists murderers

webfact

Hunt continues for British tourists murderers
By Digital Content

14110263369820.jpg

SURAT THANI, Sept 18 -- Police on Thursday continued searching for the murderers of two British tourists, three days after their bodies were found on a beach of Ko Tao, an island in the Gulf of Thailand and off the Thai southern province of Surat Thani.

Police now believe that there was more than one murderer who had killed David William Miller, 24, and 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge.

Surat Thani police commander Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong Khaosamang said forensic police initially found mixed semen in Ms Witheridge’s vagina, making them to believe that there would probably be more than one person involved in the killing.

Police also are seeking a suspect who appeared on CCTV, and they are also monitoring migrant workers from Asia, especially Rohingya workers on the island.

Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong said police are still watching Christopher Alan Ware, believed to be a friend of Mr Miller, as police have found several pieces of evidence which still await proof.

Tourism operators have admitted that the murder had affected tourism of Ko Tao, one of Thailand's most popular tourist destinations.

Despite the incidents, majority of foreign tourists have said they would visit the island again if they have an opportunity.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda told journalists that police in the area are putting full effort into finding the murderers. When meeting today with provincial governors, he said he would order governors in tourism areas to help tighten security for tourists. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-18

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rohingya workers - new foreign scapegoats?

Spacemen , Evil spirits , Zombies - Hell anything but a Thai

However -Quote

"Police now believe that there was more than one murderer who had killed David William Miller, 24, and 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge.

Surat Thani police commander Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong Khaosamang said forensic police initially found mixed semen in Ms Witheridge’s vagina, making them to believe that there would probably be more than one person involved in the killing"

This might at least spare the poor western male dragged over the coals

• Like 2

However -Quote

"Police now believe that there was more than one murderer who had killed David William Miller, 24, and 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge.

Surat Thani police commander Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong Khaosamang said forensic police initially found mixed semen in Ms Witheridge’s vagina, making them to believe that there would probably be more than one person involved in the killing"

Am i really reading this "mixed semen found in her vigina, making them believe that there was "Probably" more than one person involved.

Looks like aliens from another planet to me !

• Like 1

I heard through rumour control that a young Thai was getting hot with the deceased girl whilst in the bar and that Mr Miller intervened with the Thai leaving the bar, a Thai losing face will do anything to gain his reputation back even murder someone could this have been the case ? It seems that the only suspects appear to be migrant workers or the deceased's best friend which I find most disturbing . Sadly island police on Koh Tao, Phangan or Samui are only capable of taking monies from tourists for not wearing motor cycle helmets they are not experienced or trained to handle such serious cases I often see them standing around Tesco Lotus smoking or drinking coffee they are poorly paid and appear non motivated to do there job I was disturbed and angry to hear that some of the police at the scene of the crime were posting pictures on there private face book pages

This seems to be what everyone is saying about the circumstances leading up to the murders. Surely if this version of events is so widely in circulation, and numerous people and sources are aware of it, the Police will have gotten word of it and be looking into it to determine how much truth there is to it?

• Like 1

Good choice, they don't have diplomatic representatives that may may make waves and ask awkward questions.

I thought they were all pushed back out into the sea in their sinking boats with no food and water, did the sea currents take them from the Andaman coast, around Singapore and then up north to Koh Tao?

• Like 1

I heard through rumour control that a young Thai was getting hot with the deceased girl whilst in the bar and that Mr Miller intervened with the Thai leaving the bar, a Thai losing face will do anything to gain his reputation back even murder someone could this have been the case ? It seems that the only suspects appear to be migrant workers or the deceased's best friend which I find most disturbing . Sadly island police on Koh Tao, Phangan or Samui are only capable of taking monies from tourists for not wearing motor cycle helmets they are not experienced or trained to handle such serious cases I often see them standing around Tesco Lotus smoking or drinking coffee they are poorly paid and appear non motivated to do there job I was disturbed and angry to hear that some of the police at the scene of the crime were posting pictures on there private face book pages

That sounds about right..

• Like 1

That sounds about right..

I am backing this lead is solid if true

However -Quote

Surat Thani police commander Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong Khaosamang said forensic police initially found mixed semen in Ms Witheridges vagina, making them to believe that there would probably be more than one person involved in the killing"

Am i really reading this "mixed semen found in her vigina, making them believe that there was "Probably" more than one person involved.

Looks like aliens from another planet to me !

No----- The aliens are the ones doing the investigating

• Like 1

If somebody with Influence or with Familie Influence is involved in this gruesome Act,the Investigation will go nowhere or scapegoated.Only in Cases with Evidence already in Public the true killer/Killers will be found.But even then he/they might not experience Punishment.Sad

Very importen note is

"Despite the incidents, majority of foreign tourists have said they would visit the island again if they have an opportunity."

More fool them. Lambs to the slaughter. Someone please tell the nature of the likeliest culprits. The ones that the BIB are seemingly desperately trying to look away from.

IMHO you are partly wrong about the Thai police, the handling of serious cases is very bad indeed, and they're but, f.i. on Koh Samui they are mostly VERY WELL informed, the point being what they do, or don't do, with all their informations, that mostly depending of the origin/'level'/'connections' of the persons involved, and, possibly also of, as they have a sweet tooth, the size of the 'donut boxes' they are able to become...

• Like 1

I think the Thai police have blown it again,they had an excellent opportunity to contain

all the suspects,been an island,no man should have been allowed to leave without

giving a DNA sample,and confirmation of ID. bring on the Rohighas,the ideal patsy's,

no country,no representation,Thais would say they should not be here anyway.

In the UK they have DNA whole populations of men 15-60 to find killers,here it will

be just pick one.

As for the blonde hairs found in victims hand and on her phone, did they check to see

if they were hers.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1