Bangkok: Teen boy stabbed to death for not helping out in kitchen

webfact

Teen boy stabbed to death for not helping out in kitchen
By Coconuts Bangkok

teenstab.jpg?itok=3u5o3Tv3

BANGKOK: -- A teen boy in northern Bangkok was stabbed to death Thursday for not helping out around the house.

Police found the 14-year-old victim's body on the second floor of a three-floor residence in the Lam Luk Ka district of Pathum Thani he shared three others.

Natthaphol Phinit, 26, said the home was owned by his boss, and the four residents all pitched in to take care of the household, according to the Bangkok Post.

The boy was reportedly staying at the home, where his friend and suspected murderer, also 14, lived with his mother.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/18/teen-boy-stabbed-death-not-helping-out-kitchen

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-09-18

I can't believe a Thai would do this. Were there any migrant workers or foreign tourists in the vacinity?

Tragic , and a terrible waste of life .

I feel for this boys family and friends.

Often Life is taken so cheaply in undeveloped nations such as Thailand .

Such a completely unnecessary ending to such a young life.

• Like 2

Because westerners openly argue and disagree with each other and don't have "face" to protect, we are good at conflict resolution.

Thais, due to their society rules have to bottle up emotion and there is no conflict resolution at any level.

That's why they explode in violence over trivial things that totally boggle the western mind.

Yeah... in a nutshell, that's about it.

• Like 2

His boss? Labor laws? Kids living alone? No parental guidance? Murder over not cleaning the kitchen?

When they are not murdering tourists in bikinis, gang-kicking their heads in or scamming them, etc, they sure do make themselves out to be lunatics amongst themselves; doing a Thelma and Louise off the edge of sanity on a daily basis.

You're listening to K.T.I.T. 00.0 FM, ...and the hits just keep on coming...

• Like 1

just a Thai boy!

this topic is running more than an hour and just 7 replies.

if the boy where British we had already 4 pages full of "insightfull" comments.

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

Agree with you, but sadly we are all very "tribal" in the way we think and react.

A plane-crash in Africa doesn't get any attention, unless there are "whites" amongst the victims.

Imagine Ebola in a western country, imagine Israel had killed more than 2000 anywhere else but Gaza.

And the list goes on and on. Sadly.

you are right.but it is still a human and even worst a child- killed for nothing!

and a discounted can of baked beans at Tesco would draw more attention here.this is what i mean with disgusting.

I would have raised both eyebrows to this even 2 years ago, but today, sadly, I find myself completely unconcerned. So explain this one flippantly away Pratuth if you will. What's that, Thai Buddhists would not do such a thing so it must be a Muslim Southerner? Pffft!

Edited by daveAustin

just a Thai boy!

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

Agree with you, but sadly we are all very "tribal" in the way we think and react.

A plane-crash in Africa doesn't get any attention, unless there are "whites" amongst the victims.

Imagine Ebola in a western country, imagine Israel had killed more than 2000 anywhere else but Gaza.

you are right.but it is still a human and even worst a child- killed for nothing!

and a discounted can of baked beans at Tesco would draw more attention here.this is what i mean with disgusting.

Did you ever think that maybe so many people have read this article and thought how tragic it was but since it seems almost every week now there is an article about thais killing thais for stupid shit that we have become numb to make more replies repeating the same thing we have posted on many other articles about this type of killing?

Sure its a sad thing that happened. But it is happening so much now even im tired of posting my sympathies. As for the deaths in koh tao to a foreigner this rarely happens so of course 2 factors are drawing more replies.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think for many it's not that they don't care about the boy killed. But I can see 2 clear reasons except the tribal-mode theory above (not saying that doesn't hold true. but we are all different).

1. there case is quite clear. a biy got killed for not doig the dishes. that absolutely sucks and stinks and is terrible in all ways. but there is not much to plai CSI-TV about here. All we can say is rip or point out how 'thais would never commit such violent crimes'..

2. I think many felt just like I. like "thats really sad". But what more to contribute about it? I have nothing to say except that I think many don't post because there is not much to say.

anyway:

Rest in peace fellow young man. Sad end.

Seeing someone else eat their own is never as shocking as seeing someone else eat one of your own. That is how humans have been programmed, us and them. It is very unfortunate, as we are all people who breath, bleed, die and decompose exactly the same. But that is why there is little outrage from the expats over Thais dying. It's just another dead Thai kid who makes a blip in the news for a day or two. Had it been a farang kid, this would be a 20 pager by now.

• Like 1

I'm sure we don't have the full story here. There probably already was some kind of conflict between these two youngsters, be it girls, debt or whatever, and this agument about kitchen chores is likely to have been the final spark to this horrible explosion of lethal violence.

Because of this, I find the title of this thread and the corresponding article a bit over the edge.

Not that it makes this event any more acceptable...

• Like 1

I can't believe a Thai would do this. Were there any migrant workers or foreign tourists in the vacinity?

I agree that it is unnecessary and tragic but what are you saying? Isn't life taken cheaply in the USA and other developed nations everyday. The last year I lived in Houston Texas (1994), up to the time I left in August, there had been 1900 murders. Start looking outside of your box. I gotta tell ya I get sick and tired of the slagging that TV posters pass out everyday. I think many of you need to get off your <deleted> and get a life. An idle mind is the devils playground.

• Like 2

Because westerners openly argue and disagree with each other and don't have "face" to protect, we are good at conflict resolution.

Thais, due to their society rules have to bottle up emotion and there is no conflict resolution at any level.

That's why they explode in violence over trivial things that totally boggle the western mind.

Good point. Of course, our bitchy and rough behaviour will not always act as a relief valve. In some cases it might actually add to the aggression present

just a Thai boy!

this is disgusting!!!

RIP young fellow

Some of the post is correct, but Israel is a street different and complex---imagine what Manchester would do if Liverpool was firing hundreds of missiles at them. unless you want to go on for pages and not ever get anywhere. Better leave that one out.

I agree that it is unnecessary and tragic but what are you saying? Isn't life taken cheaply in the USA and other developed nations everyday. The last year I lived in Houston Texas (1994), up to the time I left in August, there had been 1900 murders. Start looking outside of your box. I gotta tell ya I get sick and tired of the slagging that TV posters pass out everyday. I think many of you need to get off your <deleted> and get a life. An idle mind is the devils playground.

So the problem is that Thailand is an undeveloped nation ? no one mentoned the grandfather who murdered 6 of his grandchildren aged 3 to 10 yrs old yesterday in the USA... What his excuse ?

This is not a problem caused by being underdeveloped its a problem worldwide so stop using it as an excuse to Thai bash... not happy here, you all know where the airport is.

• Like 1