Koh Tao - 'Killers will be caught'

webfact

this is not the first time a crime is committed in those paradise islands often non Thai are accused but afterwards found guilty for the right reasons as the criminals were not Thai however in this case watching the CCTV picture of the young man on the run, he looks very much Asian and can be Thai.

There is a certain initial chaos the FBI will clear it not to worry, enough DNA samples collected to confuse the crime issues.

Horrific criminal act for no reason other than a blond women prey to catch.

Don't we ourselves Men, Farangs, stop our girlfriends to wear all their gold, stones openly especially when travelling together in remote parts of Thailand ( islands especially included ) knowingly criminals kill the man first before robbing, raping the woman.....that applies well in this crime in Koh Tao.

So sad I am speechless and I can not recommend any ones to venture in love in south East Asia not only Thai Islands, without ultra extra care including to respect any Statues/ Monuments by doing like the locals are not doing......bikinis wearing are for the beach certainly not for shopping neither for drinking out at night regardless of being a single or a couple.

Have you ever seen South East Asian ( not only Thai ) wearing bikinis similarly to many stupidly doing foreign women ?

God bless them and courage to the family, the criminals will be caught eventually.

That is the biggest pile of crap i have ever read.

It reads better as Gangsta Rap.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he said migrant workers is the most suspected group, particularly the Rohinya migrants, judging from the gruesome nature of the killing.

How racist is this statement? Thais are not capable of rape and murder?

Just last week in the paper was a story of 3 rapes on young Thai girls. First one was committed by the appartment security guard (a Thai), second one on an 11 year old girl was committed by her uncle (a Thai) and the third was a rape of an 8 year old by a monk (a Thai)

Add to that the mindless shootings stabbings that happen daily in Bangkok committed by so called university students against rival uni students gives you an idea of how the Thais do operate.

Saving face? Thailand lost its face years ago!

Totally agree !!!!!!!

I'm no expert on DNA testing, but I would think that the DNA samples collected at the crime scene should indicate whether the perpetrator(s) were male of female. If the samples are too contaminated to determine sex, then they are probably useless from the outset.

I am quite confident the DNA from the semen samples would give a good indication of gender.

I am only guessing but I think the semen samples were probably male

I read news accounts that there were other sources of evidence besides the semen that could have been used for DNA testing. If the semen is the only source then I'm not sure why there is such a broad sweep for collecting DNA samples. As you note in another post, maybe it could implicate a relative of one of the women tested. I guess it remains to be seen.

But he said migrant workers is the most suspected group, particularly the Rohinya migrants, judging from the gruesome nature of the killing.

How racist is this statement? Thais are not capable of rape and murder?

Just last week in the paper was a story of 3 rapes on young Thai girls. First one was committed by the appartment security guard (a Thai), second one on an 11 year old girl was committed by her uncle (a Thai) and the third was a rape of an 8 year old by a monk (a Thai)

Add to that the mindless shootings stabbings that happen daily in Bangkok committed by so called university students against rival uni students gives you an idea of how the Thais do operate.

Saving face? Thailand lost its face years ago!

Just like to air this one again.

And to add that since the post was written, another victim can sadly be added to Thailand's hit list: A Spanish girl raped by a Thai taxi driver in the oh so civilized city of Bangkok.

Nice people!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1) why is everyone hung up on the stained pants? The police packed the guys stuff, all his stuff, and took it away. there was no attempt to frame the victim and I dont know how anyone draws any conclusions on that aspect

2) the police apparently have a wealth of DNA samples now. this doesnt just go away.

3) they are narrowing the gap between the guy running away in the CCTV video, and the concealing of his identity, so, expect he will soon be turned in

4) the local business people are concerned enough to start a reward, and to speak out.

5) someone will be threatened to keep quiet, or be killed to stay quiet,

rape and murder is not petty theft,

the weight of the crime weighs more heavily each day, as, no matter what and who got caught up in the moment, or was unwittingly involved before the murder was committed,

rape is one thing,

rape and murder is more than 1 + 1 = 2

it is more like 1 + 1 = 1,000

there were two murders, they both fought,

when the police say a wealth of DNA has been collected,

I guarantee you there is at least one or more men walking around, or hiding, not showing up for work, with cuts on his face

this is far from cut and dry escape

there will be unexplainable absences from work

the people in the bar have a good idea who did it,

pressure grows in this case, not subsides

my humble review

But the island has still not been locked down right? So the perps are probably long gone.

how many ways off the island are there?

I am sure at this point, everyone is being looked at

You seem to have amazing faith in the Thai police/justice system. If it was, as I suspect, done by some well connected rich kids thinking they are above the law, this will not be solved.

This whole investigation is an utter farce… as expected sadly. First they rule out Thai’s, then go after Burmese, then Brits, now it’s Rohinga and even women are being looked at. Yet Thai males seem to be the last people they will consider.

Anyone know if Thai’s have to register with proof of ID when staying at guesthouses/hotels? If so, an obvious avenue of investigation would be to ask all guesthouses who left that morning and go and test them. There can’t be that many, especially as it’s low season and not a particularly big island either.

Have the police interviewed everyone that was in the bar that night? Particularly when rumors are going around of a drunk Thai youth harassing the girl in the bar and that the murdered man had stepped in to put a stop to the harassment. That massive loss of face would have been more than enough reason for many Thai’s to go off the rails. Thai’s don’t generally go to bars alone, so who was he with?

It might also be worth DNA testing male relatives of the local police and officials, although the chances of that happening are probably less than zero.

Castration would be too good for whoever did this.

I'm no expert on DNA testing, but I would think that the DNA samples collected at the crime scene should indicate whether the perpetrator(s) were male of female. If the samples are too contaminated to determine sex, then they are probably useless from the outset.

I am quite confident the DNA from the semen samples would give a good indication of gender.

I am only guessing but I think the semen samples were probably male

I read news accounts that there were other sources of evidence besides the semen that could have been used for DNA testing. If the semen is the only source then I'm not sure why there is such a broad sweep for collecting DNA samples. As you note in another post, maybe it could implicate a relative of one of the women tested. I guess it remains to be seen.

I believe (and could have missed something) that the other DNA evidence was off cigarette buts which matched the semen except for the girls, which was shared with someone else whose DNA did match.

The compilation on the full history of World War 2 in 39 volumes was easier to understand than following these TV topics that are ran off in different titles with the same agenda that's been mercilessly, pulverised to absolute death. Simply, one needs to understand, now that the circus act is in town in Koh Tao, at some stage someone needs to call it a day and just stop all this play acting. Then, round up all the locals and officialdom and DNA the lot in one batch and await the results.

All this time and effort that's been wasted is as atrocious as the crime itself. I've read so much material on this crime from around the world, these murders have set the stage to imply there is foul play at large and nobody is swallowing it like all the past indignation's. It’s a complete and utter mockery no matter how it’s portrayed in these ever so farcical - unprofessional updates. It seems the lunatics are running the asylum. Think the time for speculation is over and just await an arrest or conviction that’s justified with evidence other than imprisoning some poor scapegoats that don’t know if its New Year or New York …

For me the most suspected group is from Nakhon So Thammarat as every Thai know, the center to hire killers from there. Time to stop BS, ACCEPT THAIS DONE IT.

What a cracker... Well armed with your extensive knowledge I went and asked 4 Thai's where the centre of hired killers was in their country but not one of them knew, guess you would say they were lying ?

I also asked them about the centre of hoes & they all said Pattaya ?

Could you possibly give us some links to back up your claim ?

For me the most suspected group is from Nakhon So Thammarat as every Thai know, the center to hire killers from there. Time to stop BS, ACCEPT THAIS DONE IT.

What a cracker... Well armed with your extensive knowledge I went and asked 4 Thai's where the centre of hired killers was in their country but not one of them knew, guess you would say they were lying ?

I also asked them about the centre of hoes & they all said Pattaya ?

Could you possibly give us some links to back up your claim ?

Links ? lol depends where you reside in LOS i guess yes NST has a reputation for contract killers and so does Phetchburi and thats probably due to me being in BKK or those I know, but yea NST is well known in reputation by those on the shady side or with some street knowledge where I am.

Im sure other areas have their own little Sicily reputations also known around Thailand by those that are informed

The center for hoes as you put it is Bangkok as they gravitate to there from all over Thailand because thats where most of the demand is, if you mean tourist hoes tho it would have to be Pattaya without question.

However its very unlikely these were contract killers imo, far too sloppy and rage filled but rather a gang of scumbags possibly yabba/drug fueled or with alcohol

Its only a matter of time before they are caught. Thats the way police work occurs everywhere in the world. Leads develop over time and are investigated. Guys brag to their buddies or girlfriends and when the friendships or relationships end then those secrets are exposed. Meanwhile, the police are collecting and processing evidence and keeping and exploring all avenues.

I do hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise you are just being plain dumb. The fact this happened at all quite possibly indicates the perp's feel safe as they are well connected. I notice the police have not yet even mentioned the local rumors of a drunk Thai youth harassing the girl a few hours earlier and that the UK boy helped to get rid of him. If this is true then there is a chance the locals in the bar will know who he is, or if he is not local then at least where he was staying. This would have been a massive loss of face and more than enough for many Thai's to flip out.

TIT. As with so many murders before they have no intention of finding out that it was a Thai. Sadly I have a feeling this will remain unsolved.

RIP and condolences to the families of the victims.

They always always clean and put their tools away when they are finished. Otherwise the tools become rusted and useless very quickly.whoever did that went to the tool shed or place where the tools are kept and took the hoe during the night. Idiotic as it may sound. One of the hotels is missing a hoe. Knowing where it came from could be more important than the DNA.

It is getting silly and actually that means 'sad'.

The authorities are doing anything (wackiness intended) to try and show some proclivity to solving this sad crime simply to insure tourist numbers stay strong.

Someone (sorry, I forgot name/screename), said, 'go home' to the parents/relatives because the Thai cops do not care about finding the killer; rather they care about mitigating the damage to Thailand's image...

I was taken aback when I read that. But it was because it is true.

What the police are looking for now is a confession, shambles start to finish the murderers probably left the island the next morning and will be well away by now.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font: Arial size 14

Yes, the easiest thing to do with DNA is determine gender. ......

Yeap, especially if the DNA is collected from sperma .... cheesy.gif

Sorry, off topic slightly.

The one thing for sure about these topics - its took the rough edge or left alone the people with a wrong visa or are on overstay given that I began to think there was nothing more deserving of contempt or scorn than these people - or so it seems according to others on tv.

No matter our views or disgust at the way this investigation is going, we cannot participate or be heard by anyone since we are just virtual non-entities who have no power whatsoever and farangs of no importance.

Fundamentally, we are a lost cause.........

Like a broken record is this talk. Honestly when will you lot give it a rest.

if it were true farangs were of no importance and lost cause then there would not be this effort made to catch killer. If as bad as you say then no one would seen even these bodys and the story would not even have got out..these evil uncaring thais (as you suppose anyways) would have cleane up scene and hid bodys and no one would know.

Most times these things occur it is discovered by thais and reported

.if they as bad as you claim this would not even happen,just a big sweep under the carpet no one would know

it seems every effort is being made to find true culprit.not just a stitch up.

of course you will say the general only cares about face and tourism but its obvious the man has a sense of justice from all his latest doings

would you guys rather have the honourable mr taksin back? Or even better... the look sao of him...they loved farang so much and handled everything so perfect haha

but they said she was raped and had Asian sperm inside of her so why dna the women

As I posted on another thread (and I am not saying the BIB are smart enough to have thought of this) but testing women is probably an intelligent thing to do as the perp's (male) have probably skipped by now (I would have). However they are probably not clever enough to think that DNA from their mother, sister or daughter could link them to the crime. So if it is a local or someone with a female relative on the island it could solve the case very quickly. However I have no idea why they were taking their foot prints. I suspect in this case they are just clutching at straws and want to be seen to be doing something.

If they want to be seen doing something. I would suggest,

1. Dismissing the local cops, all of them, and jailing the clown who planted the fake evidence in the Brits suitcase.

2. Dismiss the Colonel who said Ware must have done it because he was a homosexual.

That would be a bloody good start.

Totally on the money but don't forget the police man that posted naked and intimate pictures of the two victims on his FB page for the world to see. I would nearly class him second to the perpetrators of the evil crime.

As I posted on another thread (and I am not saying the BIB are smart enough to have thought of this) but testing women is probably an intelligent thing to do as the perp's (male) have probably skipped by now (I would have). However they are probably not clever enough to think that DNA from their mother, sister or daughter could link them to the crime. So if it is a local or someone with a female relative on the island it could solve the case very quickly. However I have no idea why they were taking their foot prints. I suspect in this case they are just clutching at straws and want to be seen to be doing something.

If they want to be seen doing something. I would suggest,

1. Dismissing the local cops, all of them, and jailing the clown who planted the fake evidence in the Brits suitcase.

2. Dismiss the Colonel who said Ware must have done it because he was a homosexual.

That would be a bloody good start.

Totally on the money but don't forget the police man that posted naked and intimate pictures of the two victims on his FB page for the world to see. I would nearly class him second to the perpetrators of the evil crime.

Is that right?? The sick (insert expletive of your own choice)!!!

The brainless insensitive moron is probably already in an inactive post. Imagine a cop doing that back home..........

It is getting silly and actually that means 'sad'.

The authorities are doing anything (wackiness intended) to try and show some proclivity to solving this sad crime simply to insure tourist numbers stay strong.

Someone (sorry, I forgot name/screename), said, 'go home' to the parents/relatives because the Thai cops do not care about finding the killer; rather they care about mitigating the damage to Thailand's image...

I was taken aback when I read that. But it was because it is true.

Yes I was too, the British are shocked at this families treatment.

They had photos shown. To them of their daughter spread eagle (the indignity of a post rape ) why?

Their child's face smashed in murdered and her beauty lost to just memory.

Vicious comments from no less than the Nations leader.

Inferring guilt .

Fellow Brits blamed making their ordeal even more emotional .

A complete denial Thais were or even could be behind it.

On Twitter the rage is still going strong

post-219560-0-51572200-1411251855_thumb.

post-219560-0-82211300-1411252423_thumb.

post-219560-0-18781700-1411252455_thumb.

Edited by Plutojames88

^^"A complete denial Thais were or even could be behind it."

Yes, a complete denial of reality.

Just read an article in the other paper that there are 31,800 reported rapes each year in Thailand. The falang, Rohingyas, Laotians etc etc must have been very busy as no Thai would do this.

A great deal of people are saying whats shocked them most is the discovery that Thailand's Police Force are not really functional .

At least where real criminal investigation requires them to be.

This makes many potential future tourists take pause, and ponder how safe it really is.?

More Australians( it was revealed on the television this morning ) die overseas in Thailand while on their holiday (less than a month) than any other country.

Previously , people blamed retired folk there for similar nationalities dying on mass.

This figures released that show people just travelling still meet deceased conditions.

Mainly because of accidents , and medical conditions pre existing and made worse. Alcohol and fights . Some murders too.

While Robbery and assault and some rapes and food poisoning .

In all fairness murder is rare even though much more likely than staying home.

Assault however is not rare and one person in 340 experience theft .

One in 658 assault.

Having a bad police force to solve or prevent this doesn't help.

So people now are more aware they could be raped and little done about it.

Even those with a the greatest respect for thai authorities will admit this has been a very sobering bungling mess

Edited by Fred Flinstone

^^"A complete denial Thais were or even could be behind it." Yes, a complete denial of reality. Just read an article in the other paper that there are 31,800 reported rapes each year in Thailand. The falang, Rohingyas, Laotians etc etc must have been very busy as no Thai would do this.

~Well figures dont really mean a thing, for a start your number there you can probably add a 0 on the end at least. I say this because most rapes are never reported. Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year :source http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/Statistics2.php

UN report of violence against women conclude it is very high and widespread.

Thailand declined and did not take part in the study ( surprise surprise )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics Thailand isnt listed there either so it seems they dont want to release data ... so we have to use the closest comparison

Thailand is similar to Cambodia in many ways and its closest so we can get an idea ....Cambodia are also one of the most open data countries in Asia as it needs the UN and constant aid, it does however also give us a very good comparison to its neighbour Thailand which it shares a lot of cultural beliefs and similarities with and the male perspective.

The UN reported results in 2013 from a study that they did in six Asia-Pacific countries about violence against women.

20.4% of Cambodian men said that they had raped a woman in their lifetime and 11.3% had raped in the past year. 3.3% had raped another man at some point and 23% had participated in gang rape.

I dont care how far people try to spin it, Thailand isnt going to be wildly off those numbers.

Edited by englishoak

I can tell you that on Koh Tao police helicopters are coming and going many times per day, this is now being taken very seriously. Huge resources are being thrown at solving this crime. The top level police have a huge pressure on them to actually conclude the case and the DNA evidence will stop them doing a frame-up. I am the harshest critic of the RTP institution, but as of the last 48 hrs or so feel a large measure of thanks and respect to the authorities, and a growing sense of confidence that they will catch the murderers, and soon.

This has gone way past the usual protect the pooyais mindset. Moving forward, the cretin local police that attempted a frame up of Chris Ware(remember this stated as fact homosexual/jealous scenario) must be removed. They are actually very responsible for the crime happening in the first place, by grovelling to/working with local thugs causing the local police to be feared, hated and not trusted by law abiding islanders and creating an atmosphere where local lads of a certain status are protected from any wrongdoing.

I can tell you that on Koh Tao police helicopters are coming and going many times per day, this is now being taken very seriously. Huge resources are being thrown at solving this crime. The top level police have a huge pressure on them to actually conclude the case and the DNA evidence will stop them doing a frame-up. I am the harshest critic of the RTP institution, but as of the last 48 hrs or so feel a large measure of thanks and respect to the authorities, and a growing sense of confidence that they will catch the murderers, and soon.

This has gone way past the usual protect the pooyais mindset. Moving forward, the cretin local police that attempted a frame up of Chris Ware(remember this stated as fact homosexual/jealous scenario) must be removed. They are actually very responsible for the crime happening in the first place, by grovelling to/working with local thugs causing the local police to be feared, hated and not trusted by law abiding islanders and creating an atmosphere where local lads of a certain status are protected from any wrongdoing.

perfect summing up of ko tao .I was there at songkran in April and clear to see . Lets remember the mindset of police criminal investigations in Thailand, to put forward anyone for a crime to satisfy public anger. It happened a lot in 1970-80s in the uk. Edited by kingalfred

After seeing the vidio of Thai police interview in the daily mail this morning. No way are they going find the culprits without outside help.Sorry to say,its all show,like the medals,and tight uniforms.

They now need the FBI or the UK Scotland yard to solve this.