Report--Agent Assisted Retirement Extension & Re-Entry Permit

sante

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course none of those fees wound up in the hands of any government official.

So you don't think the 1,900 (extension) and 3,800 (re-entry) baht fees were paid to Immigration ?

OP said, "The total cost was slightly more than double the basic Immigration fees" so yes, almost half was paid to immigration.

Congrats.

However.

2 weeks ago,did it ourselves. Did not have to go to any agents office,twice. Did not have to pay additional costs.

We completed two "retirement" visas, rentries and one 90 day report in just over 2 hours.

All a matter of individual choice.

Well I certainly like it but what time did you show up at immigration. I am assuming you did not have an appointment.

People who continually harp on how easy it is with an on line appointment help no one. There is only ten a day and they are all booked up just about as fast as they become available.

How about some information that will help the person with out an appointment? We all know by now how clever and smart people are who get one. As for the OP Nice post useless as it did not inform any one of where you found the agent. Also would have helped to be precise with the price of the service only. Most of us are familiar with the 1,900 baht extension fee and quite a few of us with the 3,800 baht multi reentry or the 1,000 baht single entry. How much did the agent charge just for the service on each one you had them do for you?

northernjohn, I didn't post the agent's company because I didn't want to be accused of advertising for it. However, I did mention the street address so finding them would be easy. Also, I didn't include specific costs since different circumstances may incur different pricing (but I really don't know). My advice is to call the agent and find out for yourself.

The purpose of my report was to delineate the procedure of an agent assisted visa--showing what the client has to supply and what services the agent will provide. The time frame may vary. Possibly I was lucky to be in and out of Immigration in 25 minutes. I had posted an earlier topic on Do-It-Yourself Visas because a client of the same company had waited over 3 hours for his extension last month so I had considered doing it myself this year. But I changed my mind after reading the responses to that topic.
  • Like 2

Congrats.

However.

2 weeks ago,did it ourselves. Did not have to go to any agents office,twice. Did not have to pay additional costs.

We completed two "retirement" visas, rentries and one 90 day report in just over 2 hours.

Well I certainly like it but what time did you show up at immigration. I am assuming you did not have an appointment.

People who continually harp on how easy it is with an on line appointment help no one. There is only ten a day and they are all booked up just about as fast as they become available.

How about some information that will help the person with out an appointment? We all know by now how clever and smart people are who get one. As for the OP Nice post useless as it did not inform any one of where you found the agent. Also would have helped to be precise with the price of the service only. Most of us are familiar with the 1,900 baht extension fee and quite a few of us with the 3,800 baht multi reentry or the 1,000 baht single entry. How much did the agent charge just for the service on each one you had them do for you?

If you google "visa agent chiang mai land office", you'll find the agent.

Based upon previous posts on this topic, the agent fee is generally around 4,500-5,000 thb, IIRC.

• Like 1

Congrats.

However.

As previously mentioned there is a 30 day window to book an appointment.

As an aside. It would be to the agents advantage to book up as many appointments as possible and have the monopoly on them -just sayin!

How about some information that will help the person with out an appointment? We all know by now how clever and smart people are who get one.

One need not be a rocket scientist to get a Queue online appointment. step 1; google 100 days prior to the date you want to go. step 2; stay up until midnight the day before the 100 day mark. Step 3; one minute after midnight make the appointment. How easy is that? I think the advice for people who don't make an appointment has already been addressed, get there at the crack of dawn.

• Like 1

How about some information that will help the person with out an appointment? We all know by now how clever and smart people are who get one.

One need not be a rocket scientist to get a Queue online appointment. step 1; google 100 days prior to the date you want to go. step 2; stay up until midnight the day before the 100 day mark. Step 3; one minute after midnight make the appointment. How easy is that? I think the advice for people who don't make an appointment has already been addressed, get there at the crack of dawn.

130 days before your visa expires. Gives you some 200 plus opportunities to make an appointment.

• Like 1

130 days before your visa expires. Gives you some 200 plus opportunities to make an appointment.

Not really there is still only 10 appointments a day allowed no matter if it is 100 or 130 days. There are still people battling for the spot. They see over 50 a day in addition to the ones with an appointment. How about some information on that. From your post you never did come out and say you had an appointment. Couple that with one a few weeks ago from a popular poster that he just wandered in with out an appointment in the afternoon and was out in an hour and a half and one begins to wonder.

As for the address Chiang Mai land is a long street he didn't even give a hint what side or which end or was it in the middle. I am sorry but you people really don't help any one. The name of the provider would be nice. I have no problem talking about establishments even if they don't have an add here on Thai Visa. It would not be advertising it would be giving your experience all of it. Not just the part that really doesn't help. I have no problem telling people to see Siam electronics when they ask where to buy some thing in electronics as well as other posters recommending other places. We should be trying to share information as well as experiences. As for goggling it. Well I didn't open Thai Visa to find out what to Google.

Rant over

Sad to hear you had to go to the Immigration office.

When I did it with an agent, I dropped my passport and docs off at the agent's office and picked the passport up two days later at the same office. Passport had both extension and re-entry permits it it.

• Like 1

Did it myself. Before 6 am in the queue outside. Got a number below 40, waited till 8 am, inspected and then got number for afternoon visit and told to return at 2 pm. Went home, then back later in day. Waited and met some other expats, extending my range on personal contacts and more or less, chilled out. Called in, inspected and found to be acceptable for one year in T'land. Then over to re-entry desk, a short wait and by 4 pm out the door. I'm retired so have all the time in the world, but not all the money.

• Like 2

Not really there is still only 10 appointments a day allowed no matter if it is 100 or 130 days. There are still people battling for the spot. They see over 50 a day in addition to the ones with an appointment. How about some information on that. From your post you never did come out and say you had an appointment. Couple that with one a few weeks ago from a popular poster that he just wandered in with out an appointment in the afternoon and was out in an hour and a half and one begins to wonder.

As for the address Chiang Mai land is a long street he didn't even give a hint what side or which end or was it in the middle. I am sorry but you people really don't help any one. The name of the provider would be nice. I have no problem talking about establishments even if they don't have an add here on Thai Visa. It would not be advertising it would be giving your experience all of it. Not just the part that really doesn't help. I have no problem telling people to see Siam electronics when they ask where to buy some thing in electronics as well as other posters recommending other places. We should be trying to share information as well as experiences. As for goggling it. Well I didn't open Thai Visa to find out what to Google.

Rant over

I had an appointment,always have had since the system started. Two of us in fact so 2 appointments.

And there certainly are 200 plus opportunities to make an online appointment 10 a day and some 20 plus days in which to make the appointment.

Simple math.

• Like 1

So you don't think the 1,900 (extension) and 3,800 (re-entry) baht fees were paid to Immigration ?

OP said, "The total cost was slightly more than double the basic Immigration fees" so yes, almost half was paid to immigration.

I don't quite understand the statement: "The total cost was slightly more than double the basic Immigration fees". As I read that, you're saying the agent's fee was about double the 1900 + 3800, or about 6000 baht? So you paid +/- 12,000 baht total? Considering how packed up it is down there lately, that seems pretty reasonable. Some "agents" have been known to take a much bigger fee than that, judging from past reports by members here.

I was considering using an agent last time, but was a little short of excess baht, so decided to suck it up and do the Dance of Dawn. Congratulations to the OP.

Agreed, that's why I wrote 100 days before the day you want to go, instead of 100 days before your visa expires.

I don't quite understand the statement: "The total cost was slightly more than double the basic Immigration fees". As I read that, you're saying the agent's fee was about double the 1900 + 3800, or about 6000 baht? So you paid +/- 12,000 baht total? Considering how packed up it is down there lately, that seems pretty reasonable. Some "agents" have been known to take a much bigger fee than that, judging from past reports by members here.

I was considering using an agent last time, but was a little short of excess baht, so decided to suck it up and do the Dance of Dawn. Congratulations to the OP.

I have dealt with the agency he is referring to, they used to charge 5,000 baht plus the immigration fee to do a retirement visa renewal. I don't know what they charge for a re-entry permit but if you do a retirement visa renewal with them they will do 4 90 day reports for 1,000 baht.

I have dealt with the agency he is referring to, they used to charge 5,000 baht plus the immigration fee to do a retirement visa renewal. I don't know what they charge for a re-entry permit but if you do a retirement visa renewal with them they will do 4 90 day reports for 1,000 baht.

I use same service...and this is correct....I have not had anything else "marked up".....if you want to do the leg work for your visa and not the dawn patrol thing they will charge you 1500b to make the runs. A few of my friends do this....

Every time I read these stories - both in support of OP and not so supportive of OP's methods... I find that my Non Imm. Multi - O to work just fine... And I calculate money spent - time spent - hassle - no hassle ... and compare it to my last 90 day renewal of yesterday ... Book a flight to KL... had lunch in the huge KL Mall sorta place ... it was a pleasant experience .... cost? ... not bad... experience - just plain easy ... Last time I rented a car and drove to the border checkpoint - lots of adventure and sight seeing... before that - I just crossed the bridge at Nong Khai... What I got in all these border runs - was - a new experience, no real hassle, and fairly cost effective... No booking - no waiting in line - much to speak of... and I get to see new places ... I am just going to run down and get my Extension as I am eligible to do ... but ... nope ... Think I will just fly home -- check on my Motor Home -- see some friends - get some real American chow ... and make a return flight with a new Multi 'O' ... No wonder a Non Imm Multi O is not available in the region... 555

• Like 1

I enjoyed the well-written report by Sante that starts this thread, but, I admit I am puzzled that no one, in the thread, mentions the required proof-of 800k baht in the bank for a single farang expat retirement visa, and whatever the amount is now for a farang expat with Thai spouse.

Perhaps that omission is insignificant because everyone knows about it ? ... Or ?

thanks, ~o:37;

I enjoyed the well-written report by Sante that starts this thread, but, I admit I am puzzled that no one, in the thread, mentions the required proof-of 800k baht in the bank for a single farang expat retirement visa, and whatever the amount is now for a farang expat with Thai spouse.

Perhaps that omission is insignificant because everyone knows about it ? ... Or ?

They all might have enough with a pension you never know?.

The OP was relating to experience with a visa agent, not really requirements for obtaining a retirement visa.

But not only is 800,000 THB in the bank required for a single expat it is also sufficient for an expat couple with the spouse being the dependent. This was mentioned just a couple of weeks ago. Monthly income also applies in the same way.

Every time I read these stories - both in support of OP and not so supportive of OP's methods... I find that my Non Imm. Multi - O to work just fine... And I calculate money spent - time spent - hassle - no hassle ... and compare it to my last 90 day renewal of yesterday ... Book a flight to KL... had lunch in the huge KL Mall sorta place ... it was a pleasant experience .... cost? ... not bad... experience - just plain easy ... Last time I rented a car and drove to the border checkpoint - lots of adventure and sight seeing... before that - I just crossed the bridge at Nong Khai... What I got in all these border runs - was - a new experience, no real hassle, and fairly cost effective... No booking - no waiting in line - much to speak of... and I get to see new places ... I am just going to run down and get my Extension as I am eligible to do ... but ... nope ... Think I will just fly home -- check on my Motor Home -- see some friends - get some real American chow ... and make a return flight with a new Multi 'O' ... No wonder a Non Imm Multi O is not available in the region... 555

did the same for 9yrs also,suited me fine,no hassles with the ?????? dept,and the thai consulate in bribane was and still is a peice of cake for new multi o

UNTIL

i met my super agent,she bowled me over with the preminium personal service in obtaining my ret visa, her office is in the nimmehedin area, osvisas co ltd is her companys name,directly opposite the monkey club

Edited by evenstevens

The OP did mention that he also brought his income verification letter which the OP got from the consulate.