Retirement Visa

I have been on a retirement visa for the last 4 years, but in that time i haven't been back to England. I have to go back next month for a month. I return to Thailand on the 26th november. My next 90 day report is due on the 28th november. Does anyone know if immigration at the airport will just let me do my next report or will they stamp me with a 30 day visa. thanks in advance for any help.

When you return to Thailand you will need to fill in your arrival slip. (And retain the departure side of that slip).

It has a place for a Visa number. Instead you put the number from the re-entry permit into that space (Visa No. space).

That warns the Immigration Officer to stamp you in for 90 Days. Although its always a good idea to say as you hand over your documents that you hold an extension of stay on your original visa.

As well I would remove the earlier 90 day receipt from the Passport and put that aside. Once you get your stuff back from the officer it is best to check he stamped in 90 days or thereabouts.

There could/would be issues if the immigration officer stamped you in for 30 days exempt visa. By the way, the departure slip you have been carrying around in your Passport for 4 years is the one you complete and use to depart Thailand.

Regards.

Issangeorge called it a re entry Visa but I am sure its called a re entry Permit.

• Like 2

I have been on a retirement visa for the last 4 years ...

Not likely. Most probably you've been on an extension of stay based on the retirement,

To leave the country and return without losing your current extension, you'll need a re-entry permit that will be valid for as long as your current extension of stay.

You only do 90 day reports if you're in the country for 90 uninterrupted days since your last report. If you exit and return, you start counting to 90 all over again. When you do the next 90 day report, just show immigrations the stamp you got at the airport when you came back in on the re-entry permit.

• Like 1

When you return to Thailand you will need to fill in your arrival slip. (And retain the departure side of that slip).

It has a place for a Visa number. Instead you put the number from the re-entry permit into that space (Visa No. space).

That warns the Immigration Officer to stamp you in for 90 Days. Although its always a good idea to say as you hand over your documents that you hold an extension of stay on your original visa.

As well I would remove the earlier 90 day receipt from the Passport and put that aside. Once you get your stuff back from the officer it is best to check he stamped in 90 days or thereabouts.

There could/would be issues if the immigration officer stamped you in for 30 days exempt visa. By the way, the departure slip you have been carrying around in your Passport for 4 years is the one you complete and use to depart Thailand.

Regards.

Issangeorge called it a re entry Visa but I am sure its called a re entry Permit.

This is completely and utterly wrong. If you are on an extension of permission to stay on the grounds of retirement, which is the only thing your post suggests can be true, you are NOT stamped in for any 90 day period, and 90 days has no relevance to your situation.

If you have a re-entry permit, when you enter the country you are stamped in until the last day of your permission to stay, NOT 90 days. The last day of your permit to stay could be 1 day or 10 months from when you enter, and that is the period you will get.

Poster Nuddy, like many others, is confusing visas with extensions, and so giving misleading information.

• Like 2

As mentioned above (But I'll put the correct bits together into 1x post)

Before you leave Thailand, you need to get a re-entry permit. The below link has some more information regarding this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/re-entry-permit.html

Once you return to Thailand, fill in your arrival card with the number from your re-entry permit, as Nuddy described, this is your "visa number"

Immigration will then give you a permission of stay which is valid until the end of your current permission to stay (Which, as Suradit described, could be 10 days or might be 9 months, it depends on your existing extension of stay).

Your next report, will be 90 days from your date of entry into Thailand, and you don't need to do a report on the 28th of Nov, because you left the country.

For myself, I live about 2h from my local immigration office, and hate reporting in, particularly as I'm either working or studying Mon-Fri. My local immigration office also tries their best to discourage postal reports, so I often use that as an excuse to avoid doing 90 day reports. Instead, I try to find an excuse to leave the country, and take a weekend away somewhere (One of the reasons I moved to Thailand, was because it's so much easier to travel abroad than when I was living in NZ). As a result, I very rarely need to report in at immigration.

thanks for the help guys. my current visa runs until january3rd 2015, so i guess they will stamp me until then.

You current what?

OP. If your on a visa then your doing a border hop every 90 days. What are you on as there is NO retirement visa. That January 3, 2015 very easily is the "enter by date."

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

thanks for the help guys. my current visa runs until january3rd 2015, so i guess they will stamp me until then.

You current what?

OP. If your on a visa then your doing a border hop every 90 days. What are you on as there is NO retirement visa. That January 3, 2015 very easily is the "enter by date."

as he says he has been in Thailand for 4 years it could only be a visa extension

as he says he has been in Thailand for 4 years it could only be a visa extension

As said no such thing. There has never been a retirement visa. The only visa that is issued inside Thailand is an O single entry good for 90 days for a conversion to either retirement or marriage at which time when the retirement or marriage is granted your off the O single entry and on your extension.

Since you extension to stay is expiring soon (Jan 3rd) And you are going to be back in your home country for a month you might consider getting a new one year multiple entry visa there... It may be a pain to obtain with the police, health and finical documents but will give you a visa good for 2 years stay without any visits to immigration ;-)...

Edited by sfokevin