Aceh plans 100 lashes for gay and lesbian sex

AyG

And this won't only apply to Moslems, but to gay infidels living in Aceh, too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-indonesian-aceh-proposes-100-lashes-for-gay-sex-2014-9

Bigotry and intolerance in the name of a fictional god. I find it difficult to feel anything but contempt for The Religion of Peace, and feel very sorry for gays and lesbians, Moslems and kafirs alike living in Aceh.

Aceh has always been the most fundamentalist district of Indonesia, and what happens there does not reflect what is happening in the rest of the country.

While despicable, it is a proposal only at this stage.... and may, according to the link, be disallowed by the central government even if passed by the local assembly.

Let's not over-react!

Quote: " Canings in Aceh are often carried out with a long thin rattan stick and are aimed at humiliating, rather than causing pain. The bylaw allows for fines paid in gold or jail time as an alternative to the lashes."

So that makes the bigotry and brutality alright then, I guess.

• Like 1

There is no apology or excuses for fundamentalist Islamist policies like this.

Allow me to rephrase:

"There is no apology or excuses for fundamentalist Islamist policies"

as their "laws" address all minorities starting with women ending with....sorry, I don't think they'll stop...

Quote: " Canings in Aceh are often carried out with a long thin rattan stick and are aimed at humiliating, rather than causing pain. The bylaw allows for fines paid in gold or jail time as an alternative to the lashes."

So that makes the bigotry and brutality alright then, I guess.

Interesting that I just quoted, and you interpreted something into my quote which I neither said nor meant.

In fact, my thought was on the S&M angle which has been picked up by others in the meantime.

Nice talking to you though.