30 Day Visa Exemption Extension

In case anyone asks for an extension from the Jomtien office, be advised that last time I was told that next time I will have to bring a proof of residence.

I know, not in the rules, but this is what I was told by the officer.

• 6 months later...

SORRY IF asked before but i want to extend my 30 day freebe 30 days more. in bkk near weekend market office. are they militant on seeing onward ticket or not??????? thanks

The only office you can apply for the extension at is Chaeng Wattana. They do not ask for tickets out of the country.

Info on it's location is here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

• Like 1

In case anyone asks for an extension from the Jomtien office, be advised that last time I was told that next time I will have to bring a proof of residence.

I know, not in the rules, but this is what I was told by the officer.

Update, Chon Buri is requiring that we go upstairs and verify residence now. Pretty painless though as the front desk staff will hand you the TM 30 form? and tell you what documents need to be recopied.

thanks for saving me a bkk traffic nightmare

SORRY IF asked before but i want to extend my 30 day freebe 30 days more. in bkk near weekend market office. are they militant on seeing onward ticket or not??????? thanks

The only office you can apply for the extension at is Chaeng Wattana. They do not ask for tickets out of the country.

Info on it's location is here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

• 1 month later...

now I'm more confused. you say I can only extend my free 30 days at one office? but then their are threads in here that I can do it at others. and beyond that thier is talk here that u go all the way their and they tell americans to come back on last day of visa to extend. IM ON KO SARN ROAD. I WOULD LIKE TO GO ON 15TH OR 16 OF JAN TO EXTEND MY VISA I ENTERED ON JAN 13.

1. WHAT ARE OFFICE OPTIONS. FOR ME

2. HOURS. AND IF SO WHEN IS BEST TO GO.

3. THAT FORM U SPEAK OF , CAN I DOWNLOAD IT ONLINE OR JUST FILL ONE OUT THIER.

THANKS

now I'm more confused. you say I can only extend my free 30 days at one office? but then their are threads in here that I can do it at others. and beyond that thier is talk here that u go all the way their and they tell americans to come back on last day of visa to extend. IM ON KO SARN ROAD. I WOULD LIKE TO GO ON 15TH OR 16 OF JAN TO EXTEND MY VISA I ENTERED ON JAN 13.

THANKS

"SHOUTING" is not the BEST way to obtain responses.

If you are in Bangkok there is only ONE office at which an extension of stay can be applied for.

thanks for saving me a bkk traffic nightmare

THANKS

You were in Bangkok when you posted before so the immigration office I told you about is the only office you can use. If you were elsewhere there would be other choices.

You can only apply for the extension about a week early.

1. Same as before

2. Hours can be found on the webpage I pasted a link to before. Early morning or afternoon before 3:30 when they stop giving out numbers.

3. TM7 form. Download and print 2 sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

• Like 1

Hi There

Hoping someone can give me some advice. We are an Australian family about to hit the 30 day mark in Samui, and will go to the immigration office to get the extension, but just have a couple of questions:

• Do all passport holders need to be there in person (ie do we need to bring our 3 year old along)
  • I've seen various reports/requests here and on various sites on the documents we need to bring - from what I understand, what I need to bring is:
    • Passport and Thai documents (the outgoing card we rec'd when we landed)
    • Passport photo each
    • 1,900 THB per person
    • Onward ticket out of the country
    • Bank statements (international are ok i assume) showing more than 20,00 THB
    • Proof of local address - (Note: challenge here is that i have signed a 5 month rental agreement (made up of 2x 30 day visa exemption, followed by 60 day tourist visa and 30 day extension - give or take a day)

Thanks for your help!

Hi There

Hoping someone can give me some advice. We are an Australian family about to hit the 30 day mark in Samui, and will go to the immigration office to get the extension, but just have a couple of questions:

• Do all passport holders need to be there in person (ie do we need to bring our 3 year old along)
  • I've seen various reports/requests here and on various sites on the documents we need to bring - from what I understand, what I need to bring is:
    • Passport photo each
    • 1,900 THB per person
    • Proof of local address - (Note: challenge here is that i have signed a 5 month rental agreement (made up of 2x 30 day visa exemption, followed by 60 day tourist visa and 30 day extension - give or take a day)

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if your child will need to be present at some offices will not require them to be with you. It is one of those things that vary from office to office.

You will need your passport ;plus a copy of the photo page, entry/admitted until stamp and TM6 departure card.

You will need one 4 X 6 cm photo to attach to the TM7 application form.

No need for the tickets or financial proof.

You will need to show the rental agreement if asked for proof of address. They may also want a copy of the owner house book attached to it. The length of the agreement will not be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

extended my 30 day free visa another 30 days. easy as pie. if u forget photo or photocopy they do it thier. went to office north of mo chit skytrain exit . only place in bkk to do it I think. my suggestion is to take either subway or skytrain to mo chit area (weekend market) then get taxi from thier. easy easy. show up before 3pm is my recommendation

did my extension of my free 30 day visa no problem. easy. their was talk here that u had to wait to do it. I didn't find this to be true. I arrived yesterday on free 30 day visa and today I extended another 30 days no problem. i think the kingdom just wants the 1900 baht and they will give if u don't have overstays

Hi There

• Passport photo each
    • 1,900 THB per person

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if your child will need to be present at some offices will not require them to be with you. It is one of those things that vary from office to office.

You will need your passport ;plus a copy of the photo page, entry/admitted until stamp and TM6 departure card.

You will need one 4 X 6 cm photo to attach to the TM7 application form.

No need for the tickets or financial proof.

You will need to show the rental agreement if asked for proof of address. They may also want a copy of the owner house book attached to it. The length of the agreement will not be a problem.

• 2 months later...

Here is a question. I rented a condo out to a guy for 6 months. He is currently on a 30 day visa exempt and went along to Jomtien to apply for an extension. He filled out the TM7 as usual but unfortunately he showed the six month rental agreement as his residence. This has obviously sent up a red flag that he is not here for tourism and they gave him another form for me to fill in. I fear that by showing the rental agreement he will fail to get the extension. Any one else had this problem.

Den

Here is a question. I rented a condo out to a guy for 6 months. He is currently on a 30 day visa exempt and went along to Jomtien to apply for an extension. He filled out the TM7 as usual but unfortunately he showed the six month rental agreement as his residence. This has obviously sent up a red flag that he is not here for tourism and they gave him another form for me to fill in. I fear that by showing the rental agreement he will fail to get the extension. Any one else had this problem.

Den

They are looking for confirmation of address and for you to fulfill your legal obligation to complete the TM30.

Den

Is the other form a TM-30? Anyway, there is no cause for concern. Jomtien has no problem with the idea of someone traveling around the region for six months, using Pattaya as his base.

Today I saw again someone being sent away at Jomtien, by the reason that she was too early applying for the 30-days extension with a SETV.
"Too early! Come back one week before your visa expires."

(She was quite upset because she was sent back in the early morning because of missing documents, what she brought later, but they didn't tell her that she was too early, then.)

Did someone apply early in Rayong / Maptaput recently?

Den

Is the other form a TM-30? Anyway, there is no cause for concern. Jomtien has no problem with the idea of someone traveling around the region for six months, using Pattaya as his base.

The form has no number. The title is something like "Declaration of Alien Residing at XXX" I don't remember the rest. It is a form which I should submit to either immigration or the police to tell who is living at my condo. I filled it in anyway and he will present it tomorrow. Just wondering however if there may be some backlash. I am on retirement visa and I just hope the renting out of a condo is classed as investment income and not associated with working. Obviously I have no work permit.

Den

The form has no number. The title is something like "Declaration of Alien Residing at XXX" I don't remember the rest. It is a form which I should submit to either immigration or the police to tell who is living at my condo. I filled it in anyway and he will present it tomorrow. Just wondering however if there may be some backlash. I am on retirement visa and I just hope the renting out of a condo is classed as investment income and not associated with working. Obviously I have no work permit.

Den

They want to have the TM30

"NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE
WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED"

That's the form the lady didn't bring in the morning.

Yes, a TM-30 notification. There may, or may not, be a fine (typically 800 baht) for failing to submit it promptly. Note that, depending on the immigration office, they may insist that the form be submitted repeatedly any time the foreign resident returns after an absence of 24 hours or more. Typically, they can only tell if you were out of the country for a while.