Student Visa: Is it cancelled if student leaves the school but doesn't enter another one?

My student visa is extended till July next year. Prolem is, I am leaving the school by which I have gotten my visa.

I am NOT moving to another school, but simply discontinuing my studiues, yet am still STAYING IN THAILAND for the netx few months.

By May/June next year I will have entered a university in Bangkok, which will take care of my visa then. But the question is: am I allowed to stay in Thailnad with a student visa if I am leaving school and not studying for the next few months? Is it cancelled right away?

If leaving the school which gave you the visa cancels it if another school doesn't pick it up, what could I do to keep the visa I have and not have to do it all over again??

Thanks in advance!

When the reason for which you have been given an extension ends, then technically the extension becomes invalid, and the only thing you can do is formally cancel the extension at immigration with a letter from your school. At that time you will need to get a 7-days extension for bt 1,900 and leave country.

It is not possible for another school "to pick it up" because you have been granted an extension for attending a given school, not another.

However I can tell you with good confidence that the school will not notify Immigration that you have ceased studying with them. Be aware that in certain places Immigration is doing checks on schools to verify that registered students are indeed attending class.

So ultimately it is your decision.

I would also enjoy your stay. But you have to still do the 90 days report. How did you get a 1 year extension by the way? I attended two times for a 1 year class in the last 5 years and I always just get a 90 days extension and always interviews at Minitry of Education after 6-7 months.

When the reason for which you have been given an extension ends, then technically the extension becomes invalid, and the only thing you can do is formally cancel the extension at immigration with a letter from your school. At that time you will need to get a 7-days extension for bt 1,900 and leave country.

It is not possible for another school "to pick it up" because you have been granted an extension for attending a given school, not another.

However I can tell you with good confidence that the school will not notify Immigration that you have ceased studying with them. Be aware that in certain places Immigration is doing checks on schools to verify that registered students are indeed attending class.

So ultimately it is your decision.

The second to last paragraph is not to be relied on at all - it is absolutely incorrect. They are under an obligation by law to tell immigration you are not attending. Some will not BUT some will !