New Passport, New Name

Great -- a condo now in somebody else's name.

yes and lets not comment about bank accounts held in Thailand, imagine trying to deal with a bank about your account on your old name and a new name in your PP...laugh.png

Cannnnnot....

Edited by Soutpeel

2. He may have had the foresight to retain the old passport plus whatever bank accounts in his old name

kinda defeats the object of having a new secret identity doesnt it CH ?.....what happens when they want to see his current passport ? with his new name in it ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2. He may have had the foresight to retain the old passport plus whatever bank accounts in his old name

kinda defeats the object of having a new secret identity doesnt it CH ?.....what happens when they want to see his current passport ? with his new name in it ?

I'd tend to agree but not if the sole intention of the new ID was to gain entry into the country.

Once he's in, he can go to his bank - with his old passport and/or ID in his pre-change name - and do whatever. There's no way the staff are going to know he's changed his name and on a new passport. Obviously, he's got a finite amount of time in which he can get away with it but by then, he'll almost certainly have either changed the account name or simply opened another account in the new name.

Well your friend didn't have the foresight not to be in his office when the Labour folks showed up.

Granted but does anyone know if the Labour Dept or immigration are on their way? Unless they're tipped off, of course

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well for someone who can arrange for Thai court records to disappear I would think a Labour Department tip-off would be chump change.

I'd agree were it not for the fact that he didn't have those contacts at the time of his arrest.

Well for someone who can arrange for Thai court records to disappear I would think a Labour Department tip-off would be chump change.

I'd agree were it not for the fact that he didn't have those contacts at the time of his arrest.

So he didn't have all those connections while he was in Thailand before his bust but he was able to arrange all those connections while outside Thailand prior to his re-entry?

Edited by JLCrab

So he didn't have all those connections while he was in Thailand before his bust but he was able to arrange all those connections while outside Thailand prior to his re-entry?

That's pretty much it. He spoke to mates who referred him to someone who passed him on to someone else.

Everyone knows someone who knows another person who can make an introduction to a "facilitator".

Clearly, he didn't need the connection until he NEEDED it.

So it sure sounds like a lot of people know that the court records have been fixed in his favor. And everybody knows someone who knows someone who might not like to hear that someone was able to fix the court records and for fee would be willing to not let that someone know.

So it sure sounds like a lot of people know that the court records have been fixed in his favor. And everybody knows someone who knows someone who might not like to hear that someone was able to fix the court records and for fee would be willing to not let that someone know.

Hmm, not really. I doubt he gave everyone in the chain of referral much in the way of details.

Something like, "I'm in a jam. Been blacklisted. I need help. Do you know someone?"

Only the person at the end of the chain would know details and he's hardly going to broadcast the process.

Frankly, if I didn't actually know the chap in question, there's no way I'd believe it was possible to pull it off.

Yeah sorry. He was wanted in the UK and was extradited. A serious charge.

If the OP was only overstay, he'll be fine. I'm just telling him to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

I think you will find if he was wanted by the UK police that was why the Thai Immigration spotted it, the UK police would know he had changed his name as they have access to the records, and would have put an international marker against his passport.

The next time he hit passport control anywhere in the world it would have flagged and he would be detained

Hmm, not really. I doubt he gave everyone in the chain of referral much in the way of details.

Something like, "I'm in a jam. Been blacklisted. I need help. Do you know someone?"

Only the person at the end of the chain would know details and he's hardly going to broadcast the process.

Frankly, if I didn't actually know the chap in question, there's no way I'd believe it was possible to pull it off.

But you know. You referred to him originally as "chap I know" -- not the you are some close confidante.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

If the OP was only overstay, he'll be fine. I'm just telling him to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

I think you will find if he was wanted by the UK police that was why the Thai Immigration spotted it, the UK police would know he had changed his name as they have access to the records, and would have put an international marker against his passport.

The next time he hit passport control anywhere in the world it would have flagged and he would be detained

Not so easy. There is no such thing like "an international marker against passport".

For passports, at international level there is only the "lost and stolen travel document database" by interpol. That is the same database that Thailand did not check in MH370 case, and there is no evidence thay they use it today.

http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Border-management/SLTD-Database

And, there is the Interpol wanted list database (Red notice), for which no passport details are needed (but can be present)

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted

Edited by paz

But you know. You referred to him originally as "chap I know" -- not the you are some close confidante.

Point taken but he only told me because I knew he'd been deported and blacklisted.

I think you're right, but how did he get past Nong Khai Immigration on his 1st entry and then get caught at Aranyaprathet on his border run?

He probably was red flagged.

Point taken but he only told me because I knew he'd been deported and blacklisted.

CH I have been told my many farangs in Thailand that they are ex members of the SAS, CIA and MI5....rolleyes.gif

I only one I have every really believed was Dave Walt - CO of the Pattaya 22 Walt SAS mobility troop, who I believe has an undercover operation going on, on TV currently and he is posing as a new member....whistling.gif

Someone needs to learn about biometrics and facial recognition software.

And someone needs to learn that the capabilities of real world facial recognition software falls far short of the fantasy variant in use in Hollywood.

The only 100% way to ensure re-entry into the Kingdom following blacklisting etc relies on good old corruption.

Chap I know got busted in an office in Thonglor without work permit. Along with about 6 others, he was bundled into court, convicted, blacklisted and on a plane back to Europe in 24 hours flat.

Paid THB250,000 of which 150K took care of the court records, 50K sorted the immigration officer who deleted the mark on the database; which left 50K for the "broker" fee.

In the 18 months since he was busted, he's been back 3 times on tourist visas to see his girlfriend. No one's said a single word to him.

Good oh. I hope his boiler room is doing well.

For passports, at international level there is only the "lost and stolen travel document database" by interpol. That is the same database that Thailand did not check in MH370 case, and there is no evidence thay they use it today.

http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Border-management/SLTD-Database

I suspect you mean Malaysia, not Thailand. Of course, there is the problem of false reports. Apparently there is significant problem with the US regarding valid British passports as stolen. The UK Home Office seems to have given up trying to correct it, and tells victims to apply for a non-free new passport.

I've seen a claim that the SLTD is only used by the UK, US and UAE. At least two airlines now appear to be trialling access to it. There is a similar database for EU passports.