krisb

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kris, I'm happy to kick it off.

MissFarmGirl ... close quartered contact ... no wing-man.

Took a punt, rolled the dice ... now have twins.

the crux of your OP wasn't discussed, nor perceived as an issue by us.

Ah ... the good old days 3 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reminder ... anniversary coming up ... facepalm.gif

BTW ... we got chaperoned on the first date, didn't happen the 2nd date either ... after that ... it would be telling ... laugh.png

• Like 2

I always have protected sex with untested partners or with those whom I am not sure of their current status regarding STDs. I must add that many among my older friends and acquaintances here just don't care and are barebacking their partners (even prostitutes) as often as they can, thinking that at their (relative) advanced age, condoms are more an annoyance than a protection.

Alas, it seems that they can very easily found partners who don't mind having this kind of risky sexual intercourse with them in this country, thus, everybody should be aware that a significant percentage of the population might have caught something nasty because of their lack of safe sex knowledge and/or because of their negligent attitude.

Edited by GuyL

If you could stop to think

then it wasn't truly a moment of passion.

The time to think is before that moment.

Know what you're going to do before you get there

else you're driving blind.

In the 80s and 90s that was fun

but now you're rolling the dice.

Stay safe everyone whistling.gif

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

During my more than 3 years of single life in Thailand, NEVER was asking to wear condoms by ANY of those "decent" woman I dated for one night stand or months.. I did use condoms just because I NEVER trusted what women said about its past sexual life.

Women likes to save "face" in any culture.....In Thailand.... that's mandatory....

I am not young and/or handsome or rich.....If a Thai woman have sex with me on the first or second date probably do it with every farang its met.

Young = Naive. Young people can felt in love with, and trust any kind of women. I am old enough to not believe in passional love at first sight, and also I learned here that Thai women have sex, just to show apreciation and interest to men that just met.

It is also part of the Thai culture farangs needs to understand. Unfortunately, it is a dangerous custom on the AIDS world.

Edited by umbanda

Wow you must be so bored.

Actually this is informative dont you know thailand has hiv type E the strand of hiv that is easiest spread though hetro sex .

OP isnt trying to entertain you but possible save your life .

Actually, HIV is really more like a chronic disease, not the death sentence it once was - provided one can obtain the anti-retroviral drugs.

Sounds like the OP has barebacked the wrong girl and looking reassurances from other people who have been equally cavalier. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png Definetley better to go get checked than post on a forum.

Whilst HIV in Europe in still massively a gay disease the strain in Thailand is different and much easier to get through vaginal sex - http://www.justanswer.com/medical/2o71a-tell-know-hiv-strain-subtype-e.html

• Like 1

My wife was very romantic..she told me that we weren't doing jack <deleted> until I went for a full STD suite. She quite sweetly told me that it wouldn't hurt a bit.

In fact it was great reassurance that we had both been open enought to be tested for nasties before we ever did anything.

In hindsight I appreciate the guts she showed in asking me to do that testing before we progressed.

And thank god I passed.

She's a smart girl.

And gives you also peace of mind knowing you are all clear.

• Like 2

For your information if someone is infected by HIV even taking test is useless until after minimum 3 months. So if your so called girl friend had a one night stand couple of days before you test her, nothing will show anyway.

How scary is that!

Sounds like the OP has barebacked the wrong girl and looking reassurances from other people who have been equally cavalier. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png Definetley better to go get checked than post on a forum.

Whilst HIV in Europe in still massively a gay disease the strain in Thailand is different and much easier to get through vaginal sex - http://www.justanswer.com/medical/2o71a-tell-know-hiv-strain-subtype-e.html

Sounds like you jump to conclusions.

I've been happily married for a couple of years now. She was tested once pregnant, not that it would matter to you I guess. I get you don't know anyone here.

I raised the question when I saw a mate of mine here in Aus on his way to get tested. I thought jesus, you're not the only one surely. Thailand is clearly a sex destination. Combine that with a night of cheap booze, sexy girls, it can end in a life changing sewer. Once bitten, no coming back. A holiday that should have been fun, changed for the rest of your days on Earth. This goes for anyone.

You gotta be unlucky, but it happens.

Edit to add... if you think for 1 minute hiv is more a gay disease, then you need to get with the times. Thats sad.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 2

wow- we had to wait till post#18 before crap like this get posted.i expected it much earlier.

• Like 1

In a moment of passion the only "thing" doing any thinking will be the head with

only one hole in it. As for planned passion....that's completely different. My

missus, well actually at the time she was just me GF....insisted we both get

tested...and we did. Then it was bye-bye blue balls after that. thumbsup.gif

mate, knowing the truth about your partner and what they did before meeting you is pretty good knowledge to have, truth & honesty can be very helpful with this. Now if you want to hang out with bar girls it is a different story but when you know that your partner was not someone that ran around doing one night stands etc you can have faith in them. Not all thai ladies have loose morals, some actually have very good ones and put their child ahead of themselves, they also can be very honest, again something nor common in the "local" girls. If you have to have your wife/gf tested before you go with them then it is a very sad affair and maybe you shouldnt be with them at all, without faith in each other you really have nothing

No one can 100% know the backrgound of any partner. We'd all like to think we can trust them to tell the truth, but it's never a cast iron guarantee. I appreciate that everyone will think their partner is different, but it's not. It's simply impossible to know everything. That being the case I think the OP has a fair point.

Also I think you confuse morals and STIs. If they chose the same thought process as you are suggesting they could well have slept with someone who they've known for years but trusted them who doesn't know they have an STI themselves, thus passing it on inadvertently.

I admire your trust in people. Obviously no one would expect you to have your wife tested constantly but if you are starting out on a new relationship then it makes sense. I'd say that applies the world over and not just Thailand.

I would be wary of any sexual partner who is happy to sleep bareback within a time frame of a couple of months. If that partner had an STD of some sort then obviously it is a warzone. The HIV virus needs a port of entry and blisters, warts, etc are the best way in. I'd be be more concerned of university girls and mainstream women who have been met by interdate dating sites, as they are more prone to unprotected sex and normaly have boyfriends who are also experimenting without protection. So, the advice is - trust no one - get tested - and enjoy a platonic relationship for a couple of months before taking the plunge.