Nakhon Panom: Customers awed by dog-waiter

webfact

Customers Awed By Dog-Waiter
By Khaosod English

14114713161411471406l.jpg
While Kallaya Kaewkwan, 49, cooks meals for customers at Mae Boon restaurant, Barry the dog impresses customers with his ability to dutifully ferry money back and forth between the tables and his owner, 23 Sept 2014.

NAKHON PANOM — A restaurant in Nakhon Panom province has achieved local fame for employing a dog to fetch bills and deliver change to customers, carrying the banknotes in his mouth.

While Kallaya Kaewkwan, 49, cooks meals for customers at Mae Boon restaurant, Barry the dog impresses customers with his ability to dutifully ferry money back and forth between the tables and his owner.

"The customers are really impressed by the cuteness and intelligence of this dog," Ms. Kallaya said. "They say they keep returning to the restaurant because they miss him."

Ms. Kallaya said Barry was given to her by relatives when he was only ten days old.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1411471316

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-24

chooka post # 4

I am sure the health department will be impressed

Agreed the animal welfare sector should be informed as to the forced association that the dog has with undesirable unethical characters.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Dogs and Cats in Restaurants does not appear to concern people here.

Maybe they have never been aware that the dog licks his bum and other bits and then brings money to your table in his mouth.

Nice

Q, Why do dogs lick their ' other bits ' ?

A. Because they can.

I'm sure no relevant authority will bat an eyelid but TAT are likely to be all over it.

Maybe they have never been aware that the dog licks his bum and other bits and then brings money to your table in his mouth.

Nice

Indeed - and what about the loose change, does one have to fish it out from under the dogs tongue?? I also wonder about dog owners that let their beloved "children" lick their faces. To each his own, but I hate when said "child" tries to do the same to me, I protest, and then the owner responds with, "Oh, he just wants to show he likes you". BTW I love dogs, just not in such an intimate way

Nice

yep i saw this on channel 3 this morning,hygeine at its best,the dog delivering the cash to the person cooking the food who takes the notes out of its mouth with her hand then continues cooking.bah.gif

• Like 1

Nice

And I scratch my ass and gonads before handing money to someone. Money is one of the most unhygienic items known, but haven't heard of anyone dying from it or a pandemic erupting. I would be more worried about the cook's hygiene than the pooch.

• Like 1

Nice

Stop being so politically correct ! Ofcourse you are right, but this is Thailand. And why spoil a sweet story by seeing it from a western view. The customers are happy, the dog is happy. So live and let live!thumbsup.gif

Are you sure it's a Thai dog? Could have been smuggled in, you know, judging by its intelligent manner. Most Thai dogs would run away with the first payment.

• Like 1

Nice

Along that pseudo-scientific line of reasoning, I looked up a bit of research on the subject of whether a human mouth is cleaner than a dog's, as I've heard that human mouths are quite dirty and can more bacteria in their mouths than dogs do, despite the "doo". As you will read in the excerpt I have conveniently copied (if the link posts to this forum) you may begin to question the mouth of the person you may be kissing if you are so inclined to share a juicy romantic (or otherwise) kiss with someone else, especially if they buy meat and other foods at these Thai outdoor markets where meat slowly rots in the heat and humidity and then after a few hours, gets fried in oil and smothered in chilis to drown out the taste of decaying meat, which stinks at the markets. These types of Thai meals render a mouth packed full of bacteria and other bad critters akin to what a dog licks just before it might have contact with you. So, this is something to chew on:

"I also concluded that dogs' mouths are cleaner than humans' in some ways, and dirtier in other ways. Humans have more bacteria in their mouths than dogs do, based on the total number of bacteria. Most of the humans had a "moderate" number of bacteria, and most of the dogs had "few" bacteria. A possible explanation of this might be that dogs pant a lot, and maybe while panting, bacteria falls off their tongues along with their saliva. But dogs had more types of bacteria. The average number of different bacterial colonies in a dog's mouth was about 5.7. The average number of different bacterial colonies in a human's mouth was about 4.1. I think this is so because dogs sniff and lick a variety of things, like carpets, floors, chairs, grass, etc., so they pick up bacteria from many places."

http://www.amnh.org/learn-teach/young-naturalist-awards/winning-essays2/2011-winning-essays/are-dogs-tongues-really-cleaner-than-humans

Edited by me313

Are you sure it's a Thai dog? Could have been smuggled in, you know, judging by its intelligent manner. Most Thai dogs would run away with the first payment.

No, not most Thai dogs would run away with the money: only if the Thai dog is a son of a bitch! wink.pngtongue.png

Nice

And I scratch my ass and gonads before handing money to someone. Money is one of the most unhygienic items known, but haven't heard of anyone dying from it or a pandemic erupting. I would be more worried about the cook's hygiene than the pooch.

its well known that there is a lot of DIRTY MONEY floating around in LOS.