60 day extension refused !

just to let you know I went to imagration in bangkok as i was on the last day of my 90 day visit on my none O visa (based on marriage).I was told on here I could extend for 60 days based on marriage,so off i went when we got there I was told no and I must prove 3 months bank statements, This I could have done if I would have known, asuming they would accept my english bank account (unsure), the choice I had now was go home find an internet shop and print off the statements then return to imagration,or go do the border run to cambodia, I chose to do the border run as if I had any other problems at imigration it would cause trouble as it was my last day of entry.So I got in the car and drove to Cambodia as I was at the leaving desk with my wife the imagration officer gave me funny looks and then proceeded to tell my wife that I shouldnt use the same border everytime (only used cambodia 1 other time that was on my double entry visa 3 months ago) for my in out entrys but she'll allow it this time <deleted> what diffrence does it make which border I use ???

It seems immigration was confusing a one year extension of stay with a 60 day extension to visit your wife there is no financial requirements for the 60 day extension. You must make it very clear to them you want a 60 extension to visit your wife under clause 2.24 of the immigration order.

Just ignore those off hand remarks by a immigration officer at a border crossing they mean nothing.

• Like 1

I defend what Thailand is currently doing (from the reports I have read here).

I know I am in minority here, but it's just my thinking.

In Australia, a good friend had his GF's tourist Visa refused, the main reason was that she had spent more time in Australia then in her home Country.

Doesn't make it easy on the guys though who have planned to use the system the old way to maintain living here.

Very difficult to and my heart goes out to them.

A OP is not here to visit a girlfriend on tourist visa. He is married and has a multiple entry non-o visa based upon that and has every right to stay here.

It seems immigration was confusing a one year extension of stay with a 60 day extension to visit your wife there is no financial requirements for the 60 day extension. You must make it very clear to them you want a 60 extension to visit your wife under clause 2.24 of the immigration order.

Just ignore those off hand remarks by a immigration officer at a border crossing they mean nothing.

never mind how many times you tell people on here they still call an extension a visa.

you only need an officer who wants to be clever and yes they will refuse you,pretending to not understand.

AN EXTENSION OF STAY IS NOT A VISA

Please do not wait until the last day, you have very little time to correct or gather more info if requested as our OP found out

100% agree, why do people leave things until the last day. Well surely it cant be because it saves them 10baht.

Just because you read it on here doesn't mean its true. Its all interpretation. The IO has his way of looking at it, the experts on here have their way of looking at it.

Sadly the IO will win every time. And if you say but I was told on TV I could do it this way, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Give yourself at least 3 days, call it F.UP time.

Please do not wait until the last day, you have very little time to correct or gather more info if requested as our OP found out

100% agree, why do people leave things until the last day. Well surely it cant be because it saves them 10baht.

Just because you read it on here doesn't mean its true. Its all interpretation. The IO has his way of looking at it, the experts on here have their way of looking at it.

Sadly the IO will win every time. And if you say but I was told on TV I could do it this way, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Give yourself at least 3 days, call it F.UP time.

But surely!! You must agree that to have this kind of an forum with all this knowledge gathered here is fantastic and almost lifesaving for many people.... a - gather information, b - understand the information and c - be in time and d - act....

Than I think you will be just fine......I am just happy we have guys like, UbonJoe, Maestro, Lite Beer and Mario2008 (hope I didn´t forget anybody), they are fantastic helpful and also full of kn owledge.. God bless them all..

Glegolo

• Like 1

Maybe this is just the next big thing what is going to be forbidden. About 1 1/2 months ago I was the first one here saying that my family visit extension was denied because I have an ED visa. Everyone here said the IO was wrong and I should go to another Immigration or ask for supvervisor. So in the last few weeks other in the forum came up with the same thing that their extension was refused with an ED visa.

Let us hope that they will not start to deny Non "O" with family visa who can't afford the 1 year extension. Because I have a feeling it starts right now.

Normally the 60 day extension is used to give you the time to collect enough money on your account and keep it there for 2 months, so you can switch to a non-O after that.

So, that's probably why the officer wanted to see the money.

But, nothing in the rules says the 60 days extension must be used that way.

Padsterj, at what immigration office was this?

Chaengwattana Immigration, it would appear. The OP may wish to be aware for the future that they allow an extension of stay application to be lodged 45 days in advance of the existing permission to stay expiring.

Padsterj, at what immigration office was this?

Chaengwattana Immigration, it would appear. The OP may wish to be aware for the future that they allow an extension of stay application to be lodged 45 days in advance of the existing permission to stay expiring.

correct and what a pain it is to get to sat nav took me down a street nowhere near it! and everyone we asked sent us diffrent ways :(

My guess is you did not fill out the proper form or had no form and there was miscommunication over what you wanted. Did you fill out a TM7 form requesting 60-days for the purpose of "visiting with Thai wife"? http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

If for some reason you were denied the 60-day then they should have advised they could give you 7 Days but sounds like you and the officer were talking about two different things.

You can still get this extension based on your land border crossing.

Just fill out the form. pay the 1900 baht and bring marriage certificate copy, copy of your passport and copy of her ID along with 1 or 2 photo style passport pics. Can't recall if you need the wife there but good idea to bring her as I recall she had to sign all the copies too (good also to have originals just in case).. Been a while since I have done it but probably have done it near 10 times over the years and think that is all you need but bottom line very easy process and NEVER had an issue. If you get there early when the doors open, should be able to be in and out in around 30-minutes... later in the day it takes longer.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

My guess is you did not fill out the proper form or had no form and there was miscommunication over what you wanted. Did you fill out a TM7 form requesting 60-days for the purpose of "visiting with Thai wife"? http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

If for some reason you were denied the 60-day then they should have advised they could give you 7 Days but sounds like you and the officer were talking about two different things.

You can still get this extension based on your land border crossing.

Just fill out the form. pay the 1900 baht and bring marriage certificate copy, copy of your passport and copy of her ID along with 1 or 2 photo style passport pics. Can't recall if you need the wife there but good idea to bring her as I recall she had to sign all the copies too (good also to have originals just in case).. Been a while since I have done it but probably have done it near 10 times over the years and think that is all you need but bottom line very easy process and NEVER had an issue. If you get there early when the doors open, should be able to be in and out in around 30-minutes... later in the day it takes longer.

filled out form first time refused,filled out different form (correct one ) second time took to different desk and the result is as posted denied proof of finances required I tried to explain and told the wife IO is wrong wife just wanted to get out of there after the second try.

Take the Thai version of the immigration order to immigration.

Highlight point 2.24.

If that doesn't help ask to see the boss and give him the same document.

If that doesn't help call to BKK immigration. Hand over your mobile and let them talk to BKK immigration.

I would not be surprised if you highlighted 2.24 (and not done in a Thai way of allowing them to save face) that they would take offense to it.