Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

I would suspect he has given at great lengths statements about all he knows,

He has probably provided all sorts of details, and I hope, due to the likelihood that he didn't lead the clean choir boy life,

has given great detail about the true nature of crime and trafficking in the areas he has tread

since he is safely away, he need no longer worry about being dead,

now he needs to spill his guts about everything, and have someone rattle the cage of the General or this case is over

• Like 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police have now announced that the head mobster's son is no longer a suspect because it has been proved that he had already left Koh Tao on the night of the murders. Strangely no mention of testing his DNA. Seems like the 1 million baht reward worked like a dream.

• Like 1

Police have now announced that the head mobster's son is no longer a suspect because it has been proved that he had already left Koh Tao on the night of the murders. Strangely no mention of testing his DNA. Seems like the 1 million baht reward worked like a dream.

The one million baht reward was offered, if anyone could prove his son did the deed. That is how arrogant this man is. Of course, he knew all along his family would not be implicated, as his family is above the law. So, who will be implicated? All we can do is hope it is not an innocent fool. The reward money was a bit like OJ Simpson saying, "I did it". But, they could not find me guilty. Talk about throwing it in the face of the general. Lets see if he has the stomach to tackle these gangsters. Same with the Ark Bar in Samui. They have been taunting the general too. So far, little has been done. So far, little in the way of enforcement on Tao, Phangan, and Samui. So far. Lets hope this incident pushes the army over the edge. Of course the reward money to him, was about the equivalent as a sandwich to most of us.

• Like 1

Seems like the 1 million baht reward worked like a dream.[/font]

you mean the THB 5-10 million passed under the table worked like a dream, the THB 1.0 million is mis-direction, as any good magican will tell you dont look at the at hand the magican is showing you, try and see what the other hand is doing....wink.png

Multiple politians in Thailand have used the same mis-direction when accused of someone, remember a certain "gentlemen" when accused of hold significant PTT stock and having his fingers in an Thai/Cambodia under the table oil deal announced to the "world" he would pay a significant amount of money to anyone who could prove he had 1 single share in PTT stock ?

As the old saying goes, sometimes the best defense is to attack, all this THB 1.0 million has done is shifted the "pressure" off the family and back onto the BIB by challanging them to prove it... Al Capone was guilty as sin and everyone knew it, he never hid it, but the cops had a hard time proving anything against him which would stick...but this didnt mean he didnt do the things he was accused of...thumbsup.gif

if he was really smart he would have offered the THB 1.0million as reward money for information which catches the killers, which might of gained him some "credibility"

but he couldnt take the chance doing that as someone who knows what really happened and can implicate him or his family could have stepped up to claim the cash, no honour among all theives and all that...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Is that his brother reaching for a gun to the right of him?

I wondered that too, but I think the object going forward from his hand is too long to be the top of a gun. I think he has his thumb hooked in his belt.

x.jpg

?....

Playing snooker holding snookerkeu.

even the Teflon Don, met his match,

if there is no public outcry, and no social media pressure, the general is going to forget this,

what happened to the article that stated the Army was on its way to deal with the families and mafia on the island?

are they showing up?

Even if there was a video showing the whole family committing the murder it wouldn't matter. Just a few more payments made, that's Thailand for you.

If that was my family member and I saw this going on I would be headless..

Obviously no one is going to get charged now. All the payments have been made, evidence covered up. End of story.

• Like 1

There is a second son, the one that left in the morning after, (?seen?cctv?), and a "nephew".

Three suspects. So now one suspect less, still two suspects "on the run".

??Right??

• Like 1

The one million baht reward was offered, if anyone could prove his son did the deed. That is how arrogant this man is. Of course, he knew all along his family would not be implicated, as his family is above the law. So, who will be implicated? All we can do is hope it is not an innocent fool. The reward money was a bit like OJ Simpson saying, "I did it". But, they could not find me guilty. Talk about throwing it in the face of the general. Lets see if he has the stomach to tackle these gangsters. Same with the Ark Bar in Samui. They have been taunting the general too. So far, little has been done. So far, little in the way of enforcement on Tao, Phangan, and Samui. So far. Lets hope this incident pushes the army over the edge. Of course the reward money to him, was about the equivalent as a sandwich to most of us.

I am not sure that all reward arrangements were disclosed to the media but he must have had good reason to be confident that no one was going to claim the portion that was publicly announced.

Definitely, if Prayuth is serious about cleaning up gangsters in Koh Tao, Mr Woraphan and his associates would appear to be an excellent place to start, regardless of whether they were involved in the murders. Start with searches for illegal firearms and ammunition investigation of tax records compared to reasonable estimates of income from their businesses. Put them behind bars without bail on those charges and take it from there.

• Like 2

I'm still wondering why Montriwat Tuwichian is seen in the crime scene photo with police at 6am..Why would he be awake at the hour when he runs a late night bar? The other guy on the right looks allot like his brother (the headman) Woraphan, but might be a police officer.

And why is the sole focus on DNA. They already said multiple people were involved so the murderer may not have committed rape.

• Like 2

There is a second son, the one that left in the morning after, (?seen?cctv?), and a "nephew".

Three suspects. So now one suspect less, still two suspects "on the run".

??Right??

They're not suspects any more if they're under the care of the top banana. Maybe they'll do 'a Cheleum' and slip off to Cambodia for a few months or years. The partriarch can continue lying that he knows not where they are. For those familiar with Thailand, do we expect any different?

the farce that more knowledgeable posters initially stated would unfold, has indeed unfolded.

frankly, it's had to imagine that even with all the scrutiny,

they could still cover up the murders

cute girls with pretty smiles and cheap massages is one thing,

risky life for it, quite another,

I may never return to Thailand now

Even if there was a video showing the whole family committing the murder it wouldn't matter. Just a few more payments made, that's Thailand for you.

Obviously no one is going to get charged now. All the payments have been made, evidence covered up. End of story.

I am afraid you have got it in one. I have seen this process in action indirectly. Wife's younger brother's mate was murdered, shot in the head, in a fun drive by killing by a young hood showing off to his friends in front of a bus load of witnesses. The shooter was arrested immediately at the scene with the murder weapon, a home made gun, and turned out to the son of a low ranking local bobby. Released on bail without cash based on his father's civil service position, his case has never come to court 6 years later. In trying to pursue the case, the victim's family received death threats openly from police in uniform. The Koh Tao case would be more costly but less costly than the the Red Bull brat's killing of a policeman but the results will be the same.

Thai justice - the best justice money can buy.

• Like 1

I never looked at Miami Beach police with as much respect as I do now,

not to be confused with the Miami police, of yesteryear,

fondly remembered as the Miami River cops.

there was a group of guys who doubled as contract killers and playing all sides of the narcotics trafficking laws, they were the dealers, the buyers, the kidnappers, and ultimately, the killers, stealing everything they could from everyone they could (only drug dealers and money launderers that is)

and then just dumping the bodies in the Miami River,

oh, how those guys are sadly missed

Ark bar have been gloating over what exactly?

My friends want to go to samui next year. I'm put off going to koh tao especially but also the other islands in the gulf.

I am surprised that the concentration on the 'headman' has not considered that he may only be the headman on this small island.

The system here works in a way that means HE has a 'headman' to report to and give a cuppa or two to.

Most of the long-termers here know that, a small island like this would have to be paying its share of the 'taxes.'

Who to is, naturally, open to speculation but, it does appear that the contamination of evidence and investigation interference goes

way beyond what the local BiB could be capable of.

Just a thought.

My friends want to go to samui next year. I'm put off going to koh tao especially but also the other islands in the gulf.

The Ark Bar has been Samui's biggest offender of noise pollution for some time now. They are disturbing hundreds of hotels along the coast, hundreds of villas on the hillsides, and thousands of guests. I personally know of a few resort owners who have been forced to refund tens of thousands of baht to guests that were so incensed with the constant pounding of their ridiculous music, that they left and found another spot. Anyone exposed to that coastline, can hear it many kilometers away. Especially the bass. In their bathroom they brag about having 38 speakers, and 24 subwoofers. Well they are doing a great job of offending thousands. Check the recent Ark Bar forum. They are essentially taunting the army at this point, and to date they have done nothing, although they have received countless complaints from tourists, residents, and hotel owners.

I would do everything in your power to encourage people not to visit Koh Tao. I have been many times, for diving, and for vacations, and will NEVER go back. I have always felt a very creepy vibe, there, and never could put my finger on it. It turns out, it is the presence of vampires! That is really the only power we have. Just do not support the vampires. Maybe they will get the message, though I doubt it. But, at least we will feel good about not supporting murderous, greedy, self serving, narcissistic, megalomaniacal, violent, blood sucking, lowlife families. How do I really feel about this?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

There are similar issues with Koh Phangan, and Koh Samui. There are also some very powerful, and super rich families. But, they seem to be far less heinous, and far less careless than this clown family on Koh Tao, that is responsibility for all these problems, and violence. I would not think twice about supporting either island. Both are really amazing places to visit. Just avoid Tao, like it has the bubonic plague. Avoid it with all the power in your soul, and do everything you can to talk everybody else into avoiding it completely. I am imposing a personal lifetime ban on the place. And I will discourage anyone, and everyone I know from visiting ever again. The place is tainted. It was already tainted, but know we all know it.

Edited by spidermike007

the problem, among many is, this time, it is being shown internationally, what everyone else has already known before,

you can rape and kill in Thailand, and have no fer of being jailed,

but god forbid you have a joint in your pocket and off you go, leg chains for life with the two guys on either aide of you, who you are now chained to for life, and,

who don't care about not showering

I still dont believe this was covered up the way it was, and the way everyone said it would be

what a farce

Edited by SteveFong

the problem, among many is, this time, it is being shown internationally, what everyone else has already known before,

you can rape and kill in Thailand, and have no fer of being jailed,

but god forbid you have a joint in your pocket and off you go, leg chains for life with the twi guys on either aide of you, who don't care about not showering

The same guy who committed this crime, could have a joint, a bag of heroin, or cocaine in his pocket, and he would never have any problems. The reality is that for a tourist without connections, having a joint is a big issue. A 100,000 baht issue. For a local with connections, no problem. Rape, murder, drug possession, etc. He is above the law. Plain and simple. Neither the police, nor the army has the guts to go after him, or touch his family.

• Like 1

There are similar issues with Koh Phangan, and Koh Samui. There are also some very powerful, and super rich families. But, they seem to be far less heinous, and far less careless than this clown family on Koh Tao, that is responsibility for all these problems, and violence. I would not think twice about supporting either island. Both are really amazing places to visit. Just avoid Tao, like it has the bubonic plague. Avoid it with all the power in your soul, and do everything you can to talk everybody else into avoiding it completely. I am imposing a personal lifetime ban on the place. And I will discourage anyone, and everyone I know from visiting ever again. The place is tainted. It was already tainted, but know we all know it.

My friends are aware of koh tao. They enjoy Samui. I have been there several times with no problems, only hearing about the infighting between gangs there.

I'll never set foot on koh tao for as long as David and Hannah have no justice.

• Like 1

I surmise Sean was there. I think he went for a bit of fun, maybe a friendly old punch up. I think when the bat started swinging he was covered in blood and ran. I don't think he was an instigator or a perpetrator. But i do believe he was there and saw everything. If you are reading this sean. Find a way to bring out the truth. Find a lawyer you can trust. That lovely girl and young man should not be made to disapear. The 2 Thai guys do not deserve the great life that hannah and david will not have. Find a way sean.

• Like 2

Yes, that is the same guy from the pictures taken by the farang in the 7 11... who weird is that..?

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:

CRIME
Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

30243363-01_big.jpg

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

• Like 1

I am afraid you have got it in one. I have seen this process in action indirectly. Wife's younger brother's mate was murdered, shot in the head, in a fun drive by killing by a young hood showing off to his friends in front of a bus load of witnesses. The shooter was arrested immediately at the scene with the murder weapon, a home made gun, and turned out to the son of a low ranking local bobby. Released on bail without cash based on his father's civil service position, his case has never come to court 6 years later. In trying to pursue the case, the victim's family received death threats openly from police in uniform. The Koh Tao case would be more costly but less costly than the the Red Bull brat's killing of a policeman but the results will be the same.

Thai justice - the best justice money can buy.

Terrible story and sorry to hear it. no one can any longer be under any allusions as to the widespread entrenched corruption that exists in all levels of society and is particularly acute when the BIB are involved. Throw in yabaa , and the untouchability of island culture which meets 'The Beach' youths on an adventure of a lifetime holiday and you have the tragic sorry mess that we see today. There is no cavalry of the Good General coming to rescue this or if he is he needs to hurry up. If you are living on or thinking of visiting Koh Tao then you are more than probably giving money and providing comfort to a deeply unpleasant mafia culture that murders and rapes without conscience or pity.

As others have said time to boycott the island.

And village headman has a salary of what ? perhaps Bt30k a month, yet this guy summons up Bt1m form petty cash ?

30k a month? What ! Are you pi$$ed ? He probably owns half the island.

agree, why do people think village headman has to be a poor lad. Anyone rich or poor can be village headman. Phuyai Ban is just a title, they are not paid by the government. Just like why do some folks think rich politicians are only rich because they plunder the tax payers money, most politicians are rich to begin with, and many are just richer after being elected.

Why do all 'elected civil servants', from Phuyai Ban up, give out a lot of money to the voters in the hope to get elected? For the honour, for serving the people? Sweet dreams! They do it to become control over the local trough! And the corruption must be rife, as they need to collect enough to recuperate their 'campaign spendings', to fill their pockets and those of the many 'members of the team', and save up for the next election, the 'generally accepted formula' is to make during the tenure 3x the originally 'invested' money... Did you know that policemen, some state officials, like from Land Office, even guys from the Electricity Cy., pay big money to get a job in Tao, Pha Ngan, Samui, and many other 'touristic places'.? Why would they do it, if not, because corruption money and dishonest deals will make them a lot more than what they paid? Sweet dreams, again, when you think this is not the, plain and sad, truth!

Agree, I know the formula all too well smile.png

My local district chief comes around every year to ask for money so he can host his Birthday by inviting the whole district to a sit down chinese dinner. These people have skins thicker than an elephant.

And village headman has a salary of what ? perhaps Bt30k a month, yet this guy summons up Bt1m form petty cash ?

30k a month? What ! Are you pi$$ed ? He probably owns half the island.

agree, why do people think village headman has to be a poor lad. Anyone rich or poor can be village headman. Phuyai Ban is just a title, they are not paid by the government. Just like why do some folks think rich politicians are only rich because they plunder the tax payers money, most politicians are rich to begin with, and many are just richer after being elected.

Why do all 'elected civil servants', from Phuyai Ban up, give out a lot of money to the voters in the hope to get elected? For the honour, for serving the people? Sweet dreams! They do it to become control over the local trough! And the corruption must be rife, as they need to collect enough to recuperate their 'campaign spendings', to fill their pockets and those of the many 'members of the team', and save up for the next election, the 'generally accepted formula' is to make during the tenure 3x the originally 'invested' money... Did you know that policemen, some state officials, like from Land Office, even guys from the Electricity Cy., pay big money to get a job in Tao, Pha Ngan, Samui, and many other 'touristic places'.? Why would they do it, if not, because corruption money and dishonest deals will make them a lot more than what they paid? Sweet dreams, again, when you think this is not the, plain and sad, truth!

Agree, I know the formula all too well smile.png

My local district chief comes around every year to ask for money so he can host his Birthday by inviting the whole district to a sit down chinese dinner. These people have skins thicker than an elephant.

Don't tell me, you refuse to give him a donation...........................yeah right you do .

Yes, that is the same guy from the pictures taken by the farang in the 7 11... who weird is that..?

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

30243363-01_big.jpg

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

someone else mentioned in another thread that the the guy in the back tshirt and the policeman are brothers

• Like 1