Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

In Thai law , can a suspect be obliged to give a DNA sample ?

Not before arrest no.

Well I suggest by social media we make sure these animals are DNA tested or everyone needs to boycott AC bar and that whole area...so the only 2 who have denied to be tested are the same two who were named as suspects...

Plus the brief mention of Mon's staff who went missing...So there are 2 dna samples and 3 suspects, care to explain that one?

If the authorities can look at what has happened and expect to blame social media, bikinis and the fact than many many people are telling them this area is controlled by local mafia then there is a massive problem we all need to stand up and fight and address with basic facts!!!! The 2 latest victims and the many before them deserve it!!

Boycotting the AC bar sounds like a great idea. TripAdvisor should also put warnings on it's site. The US should be working with companies like this to protect it's citizens.

When an unaware kid books a hotel on Ko Tau based on TripAdvisor reviews he should be aware that 2 people were murdered near his hotel last week.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They

Some might think that was a waste of investigative resources that could be spent actually pursuing credible leads.

Think I have missed something.

When did the son LEAVE for his 800km trip to BKK....?

There are two sons involved, my understanding is that one of the sons never came to the island , he was living in BKK where he studies at a university. He was also found on cctv footage when he walked into his condo the same night as the murder took place . So no DNA test was asked for. The other son is still on the run .

Thank you. How do you know this and where did you find it please? There is a great deal of misunderstanding and confused supposition on not only this site but Major UK Media reporting. To be frank it began to look like many UK newspapers were getting their info from here!

This was reported in Bangkok post after the media there interviewed one of the big officials from the police.

This information came from Bangkok and not the island. So maybe the local media at the island report differently and there is a mix up of who the relatives of the headman is etc.

At least two sons and a nephew has been mentioned as supects , not the bar owner. So one of the sons are now cleared since he never was at the island. I dont think they would lie about this but you never know, TIT.

what happened to the military's arrival?

and, people scoffing at Sean's account of death threats, when he has been validated by an arrest, and more to come,

should just stop

so far, Sean McAnna is the smartest one on the investigation

Sean McAnna has just deleted his facebook profle so I guess he was tired of receiving messages all the time

Would be interesting if a independent investigator from outside Thailand could come in to do a investigation. There is over 700,000 baht on offer to someone who can find the killer.

Added to that if one of the family members was guilty there would be an additional 1,000,000 Baht.

Your seriously think an independent investigator is going to risk his life for 35000 quid?

My thoughts exactly - i'm pretty sure, someone that frequents the AC bar, or they people connected to it knows something. But one thing is certain, of you go there as a "private investigator" trying to solve this case....stay clear of garden tools, and don't have a wet balcony :-)

Would be interesting if a independent investigator from outside Thailand could come in to do a investigation. There is over 700,000 baht on offer to someone who can find the killer.

Added to that if one of the family members was guilty there would be an additional 1,000,000 Baht.

Your seriously think an independent investigator is going to risk his life for 35000 quid?

My thoughts exactly - i'm pretty sure, someone that frequents the AC bar, or they people connected to it knows something. But one thing is certain, of you go there as a "private investigator" trying to solve this case....stay clear of garden tools, and don't have a wet balcony :-)

Wow bounty hunters would be weighing it up...712,000 reward to find the killers/necrophilliacs who did this, or 1 million to prove the local mafia did it...

can see the ferry being full of bounty hunters..Time to boycott Koh tao till the whole family from AC bar take DNA tests...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'As a local village headman in Koh Tao announced to give one million baht cash reward to police if they have substantial evidence to implicate him and his family in the murder of the two British tourists,'

Erm, might want to think about that a little more.......or at least have a family meeting first.

Better to offer the police the million to not find any evidence... Me Thinks.

In Thai law , can a suspect be obliged to give a DNA sample ?

Not before arrest no.

Well I suggest by social media we make sure these animals are DNA tested or everyone needs to boycott AC bar and that whole area...so the only 2 who have denied to be tested are the same two who were named as suspects...

Plus the brief mention of Mon's staff who went missing...So there are 2 dna samples and 3 suspects, care to explain that one?

If the authorities can look at what has happened and expect to blame social media, bikinis and the fact than many many people are telling them this area is controlled by local mafia then there is a massive problem we all need to stand up and fight and address with basic facts!!!! The 2 latest victims and the many before them deserve it!!

If this farce continues, expect justice to be meted out by frustrated bystanders who are at their wits end.

Which V is an angry citizen avenging an act of unspeakable injustice?

The KH case in Samui was helped when real police used triangulation and phone records. In this case they didn't. why?

Edited by jaidam
  • Like 2

I dont think all Thais are unhappy but a lot of them want change , the country is bitterly divided , utterly delusional to think otherwise. Coups are a reaction to unrest , not a splendid Thai tradition.

A quote from a Thai friend of mine;

'You may or may not know this but Prayuth is an example of nearly every &lt;deleted&gt; adult in Thailand and how they justify mistakes/crimes. If a woman gets raped, someone "respectable" will come out and warn girls not to dress provocatively. And what I probably hate most about Thai people is they jump to conclusions so quickly without being properly informed. And I'm talking about adults, too, not just the youth. This is a country that believes everything is one-dimensional.

• Like 2

I think it is becoming evident now (if not several days ago) that the BIB's credibility is totally shot. Without outside independent verification of all the evidence, who is going to believe their eventual conclusion?

I suspect many will only believe it now if it involves the so-called "powerful families"

I dont think all Thais are unhappy but a lot of them want change , the country is bitterly divided , utterly delusional to think otherwise. Coups are a reaction to unrest , not a splendid Thai tradition.

A quote from a Thai friend of mine;

'You may or may not know this but Prayuth is an example of nearly every <deleted> adult in Thailand and how they justify mistakes/crimes. If a woman gets raped, someone "respectable" will come out and warn girls not to dress provocatively. And what I probably hate most about Thai people is they jump to conclusions so quickly without being properly informed. And I'm talking about adults, too, not just the youth. This is a country that believes everything is one-dimensional.

Totally agree with your Thai friends opinion. They cannot get their heads around 'the bigger picture'. Ever.

It has probably been said before but if this guy had simply added his alleged 1 million baht bounty to the original reward to find those guilty, his claim of family innocence would have gained far more credence OUTSIDE Thailand. The total arrogance in offering a much bigger bonus for the cops to basically not do their job may well be par for the course in this backwater but it resonates quite differently for those blessed not to have been born into this culture.

Why do I fail to feel the least sympathy for this 'headman' and the fact that his oh so honest business is now in jeopardy, but not enough to stop him from offering a million baht reward (to whom by the way, the police ?) for clearing his name ?

His life has become problematic, best he can think of to do is wave some money around.

If that doesn't work we all know what the next solution is!

So this means we have got nowhere in this investigation, and the police have no idea who left the island early that morning?

Sorry in advance if this post gets a bit convoluted, it’s only my third but, I have been a ‘visitor’ to TV for a long time.

One of the issues I have ( and there aren’t that many!), is the petty bickering between posters on these threads trying to justify opposing opinions. The posting should concentrate on the topic, not individuals opinions. That is not to say I disagree with the posting of different opinions, just the petty sniping and tantrums we experience from so called adults.

That aside my main concern is with the ‘detectives’ with imagination who insist on posting a step by step guide as to exactly how they think this horrible crime happened. It is obscene to speculate whilst families are suffering as they are right now.

As a long term resident I also have my views on the local ‘mafia’ and the BiB but they aere echoed by many here, so not worth repeating.

The moderators on here do a great job, in my opinion and I hope they monitor these types of posts with just a tad more vigour.

In conclusion I would just say that many of us had high hopes when the good general (no capital g from me!) was ‘elected’, albeit quickly and with no votes cast, now, unfortunately, we see the man who we had such confidence in being made to look ineffectual on the World stage.

It is clear that he is aware of this and our new hope is that he will have the investigation redone by competent people, even if it means calling in outside help.

We will see.

TIT.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

I dare you, I dare you, I dare you to catch us. Another example of this families attitude and arrogance, in regard to being above the law. Catch me if you can. But you won't because I own the cops, and the army will not touch me. Nobody touches me. I am too wealthy, too powerful and I own too much land. (I acknowledge that it is leased land, but since Thailand made the enormous mistake of allowing me to control it, rent it, sell it, trade it, or do whatever I want with it, for a pittance, I have amassed an enormous fortune, which I hold in banks all over the world. Nobody can tell from the shack bar that I work out of. My tens of millions of dollars are well hidden. It is better for me this way. Do I give anything back to society? Of course not. I am greedy. But, I have had many conversations with my sons. I keep telling them it is not ok to kill, or to maim the tourists. It can lead to bad publicity. It is bad for the family franchise. They just do not listen to me. They do not seem to know anything about marketing.

Edited by spidermike007

Well now we know who ACTUALLY KNOWS who did do it, and who is going to be responsible for them getting away with it. I swear they are the worst liars in the world. You would think that they would be good at it by now since they do it so much. He would have been better off just saying nothing.

• Like 1

At least two sons and a nephew has been mentioned as suspects , not the bar owner. So one of the sons are now cleared since he never was at the island. I dont think they would lie about this but you never know, TIT.

You don't think they would lie? Hmmm, new to Thailand?

Interesting that an old man is sooooo sure he knows what all his male family members do or don't do, 24/7.

One might think, if he had that sort of money on hand, that he might contribute it to the hunt for the culprits. But to think that, would be to misunderstand Thailand.

There are many Thais who hope this will soon blow over and become but a dim memory - which it would have, except for those darn troublesome farang who keep stirring it up.

and, people scoffing at Sean's account of death threats, when he has been validated by an arrest, and more to come,

should just stop

Sean McAnna has just deleted his facebook profle so I guess he was tired of receiving messages all the time

Sean's job is done.

It is now up to the family of the murdered to force the hand of the General,

I would do it in their local press

If we care more than they do, then this is going to fade

They

Some might think that was a waste of investigative resources that could be spent actually pursuing credible leads.

Think I have missed something.

When did the son LEAVE for his 800km trip to BKK....?

There are two sons involved, my understanding is that one of the sons never came to the island , he was living in BKK where he studies at a university. He was also found on cctv footage when he walked into his condo the same night as the murder took place . So no DNA test was asked for. The other son is still on the run .

Thank you. How do you know this and where did you find it please? There is a great deal of misunderstanding and confused supposition on not only this site but Major UK Media reporting. To be frank it began to look like many UK newspapers were getting their info from here!

This was reported in Bangkok post after the media there interviewed one of the big officials from the police.

This information came from Bangkok and not the island. So maybe the local media at the island report differently and there is a mix up of who the relatives of the headman is etc.

At least two sons and a nephew has been mentioned as supects , not the bar owner. So one of the sons are now cleared since he never was at the island. I dont think they would lie about this but you never know, TIT.

If this is factual, it could explain the headman's posturing and his (and his brother's) refusal to supply DNA - as it could implicate his other son and nephew. All is a lot clearer to me now. I would suggest the distraction of a million bucks has deflected media attention and given plenty of time for anyone on the run to have left the country. Of course, I could also be wrong. I accept that, but it would make my day if either of the 'on-the-run' suspects are apprehended.

• Like 1

should just stop

Sean's job is done.

It is now up to the family of the murdered to force the hand of the General,

I would do it in their local press

If we care more than they do, then this is going to fade

His job is far from finished, He is smack bang, in the middle of this mess, I hope he soon realises the mess he has left behind,and gets in touch with the authorities

and helps them with their enquiries,

should just stop

SMART wow what a statment. What I would like to know is, what flight was he on,and who financed the trip,why did he apparently run to Italy,why etc etc etc

If the UK police were on this investigation he would of been held until further notice. IT stinks Just wait we will see,

He said he knows who did it,,,,ok he must now clear this up and fast