Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

It's clear, (and about the only thing that is clear) that there will be no justice for the brutal killings of Hannah and David. Hands up all on this forum who believe that no-one on KT knows who the perps are? Of course the honest locals do, but are too frightened to risk their and their families' lives. What can they do when the police can't touch the culprits? Sweet FA - that's what.

The end result - unsolved, everyone go home with big pay-packets, and end of story. Where is the Thai equivalent of Eliot Ness when he's needed?

• Like 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the farce that more knowledgeable posters initially stated would unfold, has indeed unfolded.

frankly, it's had to imagine that even with all the scrutiny,

they could still cover up the murders

cute girls with pretty smiles and cheap massages is one thing,

risky life for it, quite another,

I may never return to Thailand now

It's alright for you old boy. You have a choice.

Some of us are stuck with the <deleted> place for life.

Imagine having wonderful kids there and never being able to get them out.

Just an ongoing never ending remoreseless nightmare of constant worry.

• Like 1

It's clear, (and about the only thing that is clear) that there will be no justice for the brutal killings of Hannah and David. Hands up all on this forum who believe that no-one on KT knows who the perps are? Of course the honest locals do, but are too frightened to risk their and their families' lives. What can they do when the police can't touch the culprits? Sweet FA - that's what.

The end result - unsolved, everyone go home with big pay-packets, and end of story. Where is the Thai equivalent of Eliot Ness when he's needed?

It is not even a question of the locals knowing who it was, and not speaking up. The police know who it was. And they have decided not to pursue him. Plain and simple. He was in custody, and they let him go. He is untouchable, and above the law. Not even the army wants to pursue him.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

It is not even a question of the locals knowing who it was, and not speaking up. The police know who it was. And they have decided not to pursue him. Plain and simple. He was in custody, and they let him go. He is untouchable, and above the law. Not even the army wants to pursue him.

Why do you think a beer seller is above the Army government....?

BiB yes, money fixes there, but why the Army in your opinion..?

Things have gone quiet on the international and BiB front too.

Either something is happening behind closed brown envelopes or everyone has gone home.

I am of the opinion, as stated in my post earlier, that this is not only a local investigation gone wrong, there are bigger players protecting their

financial interests.

This 'headman' is a very small fish in Thailands ocean of sharks.

• Like 1

Because they are DOING nothing about this case. If they wanted prosecution, they would have prosecution. End of story. He is not a beer seller. He is the headman of Koh Tao. Do you have any idea of how wealthy and influential this creep is?

• Like 1

Because they are DOING nothing about this case. If they wanted prosecution, they would have prosecution. End of story. He is not a beer seller. He is the headman of Koh Tao. Do you have any idea of how wealthy and influential this creep is?

Folks here don't know the sums involved. I would say this guy's fortune runs into the better side of $100m. Remember, tax is rarely paid in LOS and 0.1% own 50% of the wealth.

Posts with messed up quotes have been removed. Other posts containing profane language have been removed, if you cannot post without use of profanities, don't bother posting:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Folks here don't know the sums involved. I would say this guy's fortune runs into the better side of $100m. Remember, tax is rarely paid in LOS and 0.1% own 50% of the wealth.

Thank you. And we may be talking dollars. Tens of millions at a minimum. Is this freak of nature one of the five original controlling tâo families? Does anyone know?

One of my best friends in this World is a Thai bloke. I know that sounds impossible to so many here, but it's genuine. He spent his years at sea, never paid a dime in tax, invested wisely. His nett has to be US$5m and he's from a poor village.

This is an honest Thai. Absolutely lovely family. Yes they exist. But one of the reasons for his wealth is his tax bill is around 1500 Baht a year!

People don't realise that just because someone ambles about wearing roughish looking clothes that they're poor. Never judge a book and all that.

Thailand is not poor. It just has terrible distribution of wealth.

• Like 2

I tend to agree that something is amiss. Kao Tao mafia should be insignificant to the big players here in Bangkok.The Bangkok BIB are there now and also face saving. They are now less powerful than before and might well be sitting on the fence!

A poster asked, what would take place if this was in Bangkok.

My answer, it probably would not happen, well not so amateurishly!

Although after the initial order from the little brother, to put a couple of backpackers in their place, things spiraled out of control. Statements about bikinis and foreign behaviour did not help. So much face at stake now!

This is not Bangkok style; things happen here, but leave no traces!

Edited by buhi

Do you guys think it looks like injuries on his right knuckles?

no....but you could ask the TV resident CSI Video/photograph analysis experts, they will do a detained analysis and tell what he had for breakfast, what time he did his number 2 the day the photo was taken and even comment on the persons mental's health...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel

BTW the headman has more than one son, its clear when asked on the original interview with him he stated that ONE of my sons is at Uni in Bangkok but stated he has TWO sons... not one.......so...

Where is there ANY mention anywhere of this second son apart from then headmans own interview on camera ??? the media have only ever talked about one son but the headman when asked said he had TWO SONS and that when asked where they were he replied BOTH sons were in BKK

the son they make a big deal or has DNA tested about is the UNI student who had loads of alibis and never left BKK .. BUT... a son WAS on the Island during the time of the murders from other reports but left the Island early the next morning.............. everyone focused on just the son who is a student .... WHY ? .... WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER SON SUPPOSEDLY ON THE ISLAND AT THE TIME NO ONE IS EVEN ASKING ABOUT ? ....

• Like 2

no....but you could ask the TV resident CSI Video/photograph analysis experts, they will do a detained analysis and tell what he had for breakfast, what time he did his number 2 the day the photo was taken and even comment on the persons mental's health...wink.png

Why say this???

Who is this please?

Its Woraphan Tuwichian, who is the owner of AC Bar and the brother of Montriwat Tuwichian, the guy on the left in these photos:

Thanks for the answer,,, Yes and The rest is obvious !!

BTW the headman has more than one son, its clear when asked on the original interview with him he stated that ONE of my sons is at Uni in Bangkok but stated he has TWO sons... not one.......so...

Where is there ANY mention anywhere of this second son apart from then headmans own interview on camera ??? the media have only ever talked about one son but the headman when asked said he had TWO SONS and that when asked where they were he replied BOTH sons were in BKK

the son they make a big deal or has DNA tested about is the UNI student who had loads of alibis and never left BKK .. BUT... a son WAS on the Island during the time of the murders from other reports but left the Island early the next morning.............. everyone focused on just the son who is a student .... WHY ? .... WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER SON SUPPOSEDLY ON THE ISLAND AT THE TIME NO ONE IS EVEN ASKING ABOUT ? ....

He is the perp. But he is above the law.

• Like 1

Maybe just maybe, the young lady was raped by a group of fisherman and the guy was killed coming to help..they swam back to ship never to be seen again..it makes me wonder... it nearly happened before and miraculously the police captured them... I hope this is not the case but it is now making me think similar.

Edited by KissMyAxe

It looks that we a re now in the "petering out" phase............ any police investigations have come to a dead end, either through lack of evidence, lack of competence or lack of co-operation or balking by local nabobs

What happened to the hairs???

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/murdered-tourists-struggled-attacker-thai-beach-report-article-1.1942550

yes what did that reveal?

probably reveals more about the police and path labs than any evidence pertaining to the crime.

Maybe just maybe, the young lady was raped by a group of fisherman and the guy was killed coming to help..they swam back to ship never to be seen again..it makes me wonder... it nearly happened before and miraculously the police captured them... I hope this is not the case but it is now making me think similar.

It is possible, probable even. Shouldn't be ruled out. But so far this obfuscation investigation has made sickening yet somehow unsurprising viewing.

But it needs to be clarified why David was naked except for his left shoe.

Loose clothes would come off during a struggle with multiple attackers, especially in the sea. Or he was swimming at the time.

Only thing I can come up with.

I don't think he'd stripped down to have sex.

I'm going to buck the trend and be optimistic. I actually think Prayuth will become impatient with the police's lack of progess and get his own boys down there. I then think they'll uncover who did it, regardless of their status.

The Headman is a nothing, just a big fish in a small pond, to the army. If Prayuth is a man of ethics he'll ensure no-one is paid off and find out if anyone has been up to now. The two men in the photo looking over the 7-11 counter at Sean certainly don't look like the types to trust, so I can quite believe their threats were real, but Sean NEEDS to come out with the truth quickly. He's out of Thailand now and nothing stopping him if he's not implicated himself.

Besides that, if anyone's seen the terrible photos of the two they'd instantly know the killer(s) are absolute psycopaths with a lot of hate. To do this because their advances were rejected is not so believable, and if they argued with the big guy in his bar, where are the witnesses to this? Friends? Other customers? They can't all be scared...foreigners at least would speak out. Have the police asked Headman about an argument?

The victims friends who left claim they were chased in Bangkok and kept by fake police...I find this hard to believe. Who would follow them all the way to Bangkok, recognise them and chase them for no gain? The police were interviewing them until they left I thought.

The southern islands have always been quite lawless...I felt that first 15 years ago when I went. I kind of expected it to be more "civil" with civilised citizens by now, but I guess I'm wrong.

These are the times when I wish Thailand had vigilantes. Power in numbers.

Loose clothes would come off during a struggle with multiple attackers, especially in the sea. Or he was swimming at the time.

Only thing I can come up with.

I don't think he'd stripped down to have sex.

MJP,

Why do so many Brits have trouble with the idea that a young unmarried man & woman walking along the beach at 3:00 in the morning after a pleasant night out having drinks and dinner with friends while on a beach holiday might partake of a "romantic" interlude amongst some private boulders under the stars and moon with the sound of the surf.

I simply do not understand why that possibility is constantly railed against by the Brits on here.

It does not in any way negate any chivalry on the part of the young man. Its obvious from the reports on both the poor kids that they were decently raised and responsible people.

Its simply this insistence about the attackers forcing him to strip off his clothes as being the only possible explanation is quite ridiculous to any man on here that has ever been 24 years old.

• Like 1

I'm going to buck the trend and be optimistic. I actually think Prayuth will become impatient with the police's lack of progess and get his own boys down there. I then think they'll uncover who did it, regardless of their status.

The Headman is a nothing, just a big fish in a small pond, to the army. If Prayuth is a man of ethics he'll ensure no-one is paid off and find out if anyone has been up to now. The two men in the photo looking over the 7-11 counter at Sean certainly don't look like the types to trust, so I can quite believe their threats were real, but Sean NEEDS to come out with the truth quickly. He's out of Thailand now and nothing stopping him if he's not implicated himself.

Besides that, if anyone's seen the terrible photos of the two they'd instantly know the killer(s) are absolute psycopaths with a lot of hate. To do this because their advances were rejected is not so believable, and if they argued with the big guy in his bar, where are the witnesses to this? Friends? Other customers? They can't all be scared...foreigners at least would speak out. Have the police asked Headman about an argument?

The victims friends who left claim they were chased in Bangkok and kept by fake police...I find this hard to believe. Who would follow them all the way to Bangkok, recognise them and chase them for no gain? The police were interviewing them until they left I thought.

The southern islands have always been quite lawless...I felt that first 15 years ago when I went. I kind of expected it to be more "civil" with civilised citizens by now, but I guess I'm wrong.

These are the times when I wish Thailand had vigilantes. Power in numbers.

Although I agree with almost all you have written, I am quite relieved Thailand does not have vigilantes because lynch-mob mentality, which has been expressed and encouraged on here from moment one would have already strung many innocent people (all Thai) up from trees in their quest for vengeance.