Neighbour going for 5.30am walk everyday wakes everyone up

ghworker2010

5.30 I agree is the best part of the day. The rooster alarm next door awakes me for a quick coffee before away for 4 or 5 laps around the lake with a few of the hood dogs for company or a bike ride around the city. Love it and the thais about at that time of day are always ablaze with smiles and joyful greetings

more very lame coments

Whats lame about that ?

Very true, 5.30 is daytime and between then and around 9 is the best time of the day.

Dogs should never be allowed where they can bark at people going past minding their own business on a public road.

It is the dog owners that are unreasonable not the people going past at any time of the day or night.

My dog barks when people are close to my house. That's what she is supposed to do. She has stopped burglars and peeping toms and a couple of drunks and a gang of juvenile delinquents. I don't know if a guy walking by my house in the middle of the night is minding his own business or not. How would I determine if a person was a danger or not from outside my home? Do you have some kind of smell trick that tells you the difference between a robber and a regular guy?

You are a bit off I think for living in Thailand. It's not like the cops are going to come if there is a problem. This is not your average nanny state.

I mean, how is a dog supposed to know that the person who comes close to the dog owner's property isn't the person that lives across the street and that the dog sees several hundred times per year come close to the property?

• Like 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She won't pay any attention.

She will do as she pleases, if it disturbs others, all the more interesting.

Thank yourself lucky you rent and didn't buy!

I had a policeman who would deliberately walk his dog to take a dump in front of my place, and he had no reason of malice towards me.

Dogs are a pest in this country.

how can you come up with a stupid statement,,,,,,, as DOGS ARE A PEST IN THIS COUNTRY,,,

many people here both thai and falang just happen to care very much for there dogs,, me included,

funny how some falang think,, if it dosnt suit them then it must be wrong,

some on here call this lady this and that, shes a fool, ignorent, stupid,, and all this on the word of some falang that cant get up in the morning,

i think instead of sitting typing on here he should be out looking for another place to rent,,, i here lincolns nice and not to many dogs,

Quite easily, there is a pack living nearby, as there is in many parts of Thailand.

Sure, there are many dogs that are cared for well. There are also many packs that roam around being PESTS.

Generally they are fed by well meaning people, but when they attack children on bikes, jogging adults and the packs fight, they are pests.

I am surprised you think that is a stupid statement, your head is misplaced.

It doesn't sound to me like she is necessarily illogical, stupid or particularly selfish. She probably just doesn't feel responsible for all the dogs in the neighborhood.

I walk my dog early in the morning, usually 5:30-6:00 am, and all the neighbors dogs,(soi dogs) bark and howl , and I hope they wake their so called owners up, because also these dogs crap on every ones yard, and run free, the owners are totally irresponsible of their animals.

Personally I don't give a flying $hit, the lazy owners, are total aceholes.

I am a responsible dog owner, if my dog craps anywhere, I have a baggie to pick up their droppings, and throw in a trash bin.

The irresponsible, inconsiderate, lazy, people are the ones bitching about not getting enough sleep, live with it, or frigging move -

Animal lover

You don't come across as very considerate yourself.

But you demonstrate a good point. many say their dog is doing its job protecting property, barking at people wandering around, but mostly they bark at other dogs. Dogs who have no intention of doing a home harm beyond maybe taking a dump.

and if you read another one of my posts i said i could understand if it was a pack of soi dogs,

BUT the dogs he the OP is talking about are all in there owners garden,, BARKING,,not pests,,

and believe me my head in very very much in the right place,,,

jake who lives in thailand amongst thais

Dog owners in general are inconsiderate morons the world over. Their dogs relentlessly barking, shitting and pissing everywhere usually outside other peoples gates, disgusting people that let their dogs do that.

My neighbour used to let her dog shit and piss that stank outside our house every day, why? Because they are brain dean and selfish idiots. I started to pick the shit up put it in a bag and hang it on her gate until her tiny pea sized brain clocked it was not on.

Pick the dog crap up you filthy people be considerate of others.

Edited by MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT

Dog owners in general are inconsiderate morons the world over. Their dogs relentlessly barking, shitting and pissing everywhere usually outside other peoples gates, disgusting people that let their dogs do that.

My neighbour used to let her dog shit and piss that stank outside our house every day, why? Because they are brain dean and selfish idiots. I started to pick the shit up put it in a bag and hang it on her gate until her tiny pea sized brain clocked it was not on.

Oh Ya? My Thai neighbors think I'm nutty as is, dear God, what would they think if I started putting my dog's sh** in a bag?

post-187908-0-12202600-1411794739_thumb.

post-187908-0-72087800-1411794755_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

With the obvious disclaimer that this ain't the USA, this is typical ordinance in Estados Unidos:

It’s a given fact that dogs bark. Barking is part of their normal communication process and behavior. Sometimes dogs bark for appropriate and good reasons, such as when strangers approach their house. Most of us want our dogs to be "watch dogs" and alert us to anything unusual. But dogs can also bark inappropriately. Excessive barking deprives others of the comfortable enjoyment of their homes and can lead to neighborhood disputes. When the barking is loud, frequent and continues over a long period of time, it is legally defined as a “Public Nuisance”.

Unfortunately here in Thailand such nuisance behavior is more the rule than the exception.

So because of your one neighbour, all dog owners the world over are morons ?

What a ridiculous, moronic statement.

• Like 1

JL

I mean, how is a dog supposed to know that the person who comes close to the dog owner's property isn't the person that lives across the street and that the dog sees several hundred times per year come close to the property?

Dogs do get to know the neighbours and others who frequently come to the area going about there daily business.

You can walk by my house anytime of the day or night. You will get a single cross between a bark and a growl. When you hear that noise, you will walk quickly away.

Of course Thailand has a dog problem. That does not mean that everyone is contributing to that problem.

JL

Dogs do get to know the neighbours and others who frequently come to the area going about there daily business.

You can walk by my house anytime of the day or night. You will get a single cross between a bark and a growl. When you hear that noise, you will walk quickly away.

Of course Thailand has a dog problem. That does not mean that everyone is contributing to that problem.

Dogs do get to know the neighbours and others who frequently come to the area going about there daily business. Not in my experience here in Thailand although the worst offenders have now thankfully moved away. I still have 2 dogs that chase me down the street on my motorbike sometimes several times per day.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most people that work here ( Farangs and Thai's) are awake and getting ready for work around 5 am ( myself and missuus incuded). So a lady walking her dog at 5:30 would seem pretty normal to most people, any anyway, free alarm clock

Really! This farang is retired. Unless I am trolling the streets early in the AM, at 0530 I counting sheep. No dog barking for me. I got up at 0530 for 40 years. I am not doing it now.

Which to me seems to be the problem. Coming to another country expecting people to change their routines to suit your own personal agenda simply put is arrogant.

If a person cannot adapt to change, then they should change location to suit what they expect.

I sat that as a dog owner myself who also happens to get up at 05:30 every morning, so maybe I'm a bit bias....................wink.png

JL

Dogs do get to know the neighbours and others who frequently come to the area going about there daily business. Not in my experience here in Thailand although the worst offenders have now thankfully moved away. I still have 2 dogs that chase me down the street on my motorbike sometimes several times per day.

I am not arguing with your personal experience of where you are, and it may well be your motorbike that they are chasing rather than you. I have noticed different dogs having different reactions to the different noises of motorbikes.

I was merely pointing out, that the experience that I have here is totally different. That the dogs here, including soi dogs, do recognise locals and those that frequent the area, without going ballistic.

... it may well be your motorbike that they are chasing rather than you. Interesting -- next time I'll send the motorbike by itself and see what happens.

How about just borrowing a different motorbike, and trying that ? Perhaps in future, you could also keep your sarky comments to yourself.

Because people that laugh at their own jokes are weird.

... it may well be your motorbike that they are chasing rather than you. Interesting -- next time I'll send the motorbike by itself and see what happens.

How about just borrowing a different motorbike, and trying that ? Perhaps in future, you could also keep your sarky comments to yourself.

Because people that laugh at their own jokes are weird.

Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit. You carry on, as long as your happy.

Who is everyone? Most thais are up at 5:30 am and the roosters have been crowing for at least an hour. the loudspeakers will start at 6:00 am in any case. just another excuse to bash thailand?

The loudspeakers start at 4am.

not in our mooban

You are fortunate, we get to share in the daily early chanting for an hour. He used to then pipe some guy preaching on the radio around the village from 5-6 just incase we hadn't woken up yet. :D But he stopped that a few months back. During Lent, we do get to hear him for most of the day on teh 4 monthly Buddha days! Ah the peace and quiet of village life!

Who is everyone? Most thais are up at 5:30 am and the roosters have been crowing for at least an hour. the loudspeakers will start at 6:00 am in any case. just another excuse to bash thailand?

The loudspeakers start at 4am.

not in our mooban

You are fortunate, we get to share in the daily early chanting for an hour. He used to then pipe some guy preaching on the radio around the village from 5-6 just incase we hadn't woken up yet. biggrin.png But he stopped that a few months back. During Lent, we do get to hear him for most of the day on teh 4 monthly Buddha days! Ah the peace and quiet of village life!

but the roosters do!laugh.png

It doesn't sound to me like she is necessarily illogical, stupid or particularly selfish. She probably just doesn't feel responsible for all the dogs in the neighborhood.

I walk my dog early in the morning, usually 5:30-6:00 am, and all the neighbors dogs,(soi dogs) bark and howl , and I hope they wake their so called owners up, because also these dogs crap on every ones yard, and run free, the owners are totally irresponsible of their animals.

Personally I don't give a flying $hit, the lazy owners, are total aceholes.

I am a responsible dog owner, if my dog craps anywhere, I have a baggie to pick up their droppings, and throw in a trash bin.

The irresponsible, inconsiderate, lazy, people are the ones bitching about not getting enough sleep, live with it, or frigging move -

Animal lover

no offence to mr animal lover but how does one turn out to have so much anger inside them. Please give up the booze. be happy

I only read the OP.

Perhaps you could start walking your dog late at night between say 11pm and midnight or perhaps a little later, presumably the same thing will happen.

I'm pretty much always up until at least 5am, if someone causes a lot of noise during the day they would do well to remember that I'm wide awake while they're sleeping and I make a conscious decision to be quiet at this time.

I only read the OP.

Perhaps you could start walking your dog late at night between say 11pm and midnight or perhaps a little later, presumably the same thing will happen.

I'm pretty much always up until at least 5am, if someone causes a lot of noise during the day they would do well to remember that I'm wide awake while they're sleeping and I make a conscious decision to be quiet at this time.

I like it but it's a flawed plan. A Thai wouldn't notice if you set up a metal crusher next door.

Once I did mention to my new neighbor that their home theatre system was bothering me.

I was nice, took over a bag of donuts and asked if they could close their door and lower the volume.

"Turn your TV UP LOUDER" she suggested. And she treated me like a mortal enemy ever since.

I only read the OP.

Why would they do well to remember?

I only read the OP.

I have a large and very noisy power generator which sometimes requires extensive and prolonged testing.

I only read the OP.

I have a large and very noisy power generator which sometimes requires extensive and prolonged testing.

that would bother your family more than them and its your fuel bill to boot