Flight Bkk To Mnl In Dec

hawker9000

I'll be arriving in BKK early DEC, and need a 1-way flight on to MNL on the 21st. I've found flights in the mid-$400s on QIXO & elsewhere - roughly the same fare range (but fewer flights listed) on Thaifly.com. Would I gain anything by waiting until I'm there to buy the Manila ticket in Bangkok? Anyone have a ticket agent there they can recommend?

'Saw some flights involving an overnight in HK. That looked interesting (if I don't have to be up too early in the morning).

As a rule of thumb, airline tickets are cheaper in Bangkok than anywhere else on the planet I have ever heard of, sometimes by a very substantial margin.

My advice is to wait. Look around after you get here and you might get a nice surprise (LH, for example, has a flight that continues through BKK to MNL and occasionally prices it very low indeed). Try Will at DTC Travel ([email protected]), an American owned travel agency on Sukhumvit 18 that's very professional and easy to work with.

By far the cheapest way, if you have the time, is to fly Air Asia via either KL or Kota Kinabalu to Clark (about 2 hours north of Manila).

I am in the Philipines now. I paid 3,000 Baht including taxes for Bangkok-Kota Kinabalu-Clark-Kaula Lumpar. This was booking during one of Air Asia's sales.

You can book on line at Airasia.com

By far the cheapest way, if you have the time, is to fly Air Asia via either KL or Kota Kinabalu to Clark (about 2 hours north of Manila).

I am in the Philipines now. I paid 3,000 Baht including taxes for Bangkok-Kota Kinabalu-Clark-Kaula Lumpar. This was booking during one of Air Asia's sales.

You can book on line at Airasia.com

just checked on air asia site,seems that bkk-kota or kl would mean an overnight stop,coming back clark-kota-bkk seems ok just 1 hour delay.Was that the case going out?really dont have the time to waste going out(24 hrs).plse correct me if i'm wrong

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be arriving in BKK early DEC, and need a 1-way flight on to MNL on the 21st. I've found flights in the mid-$400s on QIXO & elsewhere - roughly the same fare range (but fewer flights listed) on Thaifly.com. Would I gain anything by waiting until I'm there to buy the Manila ticket in Bangkok? Anyone have a ticket agent there they can recommend?

'Saw some flights involving an overnight in HK. That looked interesting (if I don't have to be up too early in the morning).

Immigration requires a ticket out,unless you are going home!! :o:D