Marriage Extension at Samui Imm

Did the one year thing today - turned into a nice way to spend the morning!

I really must compliment all the staff on the level of service and it was overall a pleasant experience. Sorry if I am laying it on a bit thick but if any of you remember I had pretty much the opposite feeling the last time I extended (2008)...

Anyway, a bit of interesting info about which I invite comment from those in the know - in the Thai affidavit which we all sign, he recorded the details of my wife's company and that she can support me with 40k per month. I hasten to add the 400k was already seasoned in the bank, and this was still required.

This leads me to wonder if there are any changes in the pipeline...

Another point: as I was considered a 'first extension' (first time extending on the current Non-O, it turns out) we were put through the entire process and had to call a (character?) witness. Money - only two months seasoning but hereafter three ermm.gif

Usual docs, including new KR2 which must be less than 3 months old.

Back to Nathon, nice lunch and back on KP 14:00. Seven hours in all. A bit longer than I want to spend on Samui, but not too bad in the end tongue.png just kidding...

There was a niggle - he insisted on copying ALL pages of my bank book, even though the aged deposit taking it over 400k was on the last page. I provided only copies of first and relevant page - I don't see what business it is of anyone what goes on in my account. He also wanted to know (from my wife) if I had any other bank accounts. A bit too intrusive to put it mildly.

But not worth fighting over...

wai.gif

Anyway, a bit of interesting info about which I invite comment from those in the know - in the Thai affidavit which we all sign, he recorded the details of my wife's company and that she can support me with 40k per month. I hasten to add the 400k was already seasoned in the bank, and this was still required.

She cannot.

It has to be your salary or money in the bank.

She cannot.

Surely you can tell I am well aware of this. The point being why did he record it in this manner...

Edited by ParadiseLost

Samui immigration has been doing this photo copy of all bank book pages for the last two years, even on retirement extension.. sad.png

Did you not have to do a print out of a Google TYPE map with your address on it ? That one seems a bit pointless to me ... especially when the old map that was used did not show my house... (I was sent across the street for that)....

The map I had made and took with me showed my house but did not print the address within it... I had written it in! that was no good! blink.pngfacepalm.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

She cannot.

Surely you can tell I am well aware of this. The point being why did he record it in this manner...

Your guess is as good as mine. Why didn't you ask him if this bothered you so much?

One more thing I notice, the wording of the under consideration stamp has changed:

2010 - "Application of stay is under consideration of the Immigration Bureau. Applicant must contact this office again in person on..."

2014 - "Application of stay is under consideration of the Police Dept. Applicant must contact the temporary permit section in person on..."