Two Russian ATM Card Fraudsters caught by Pattaya Police

webfact

Two Russian ATM Card Fraudsters caught by Pattaya Police

russia-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday afternoon, Chonburi Transnational Crime Suppression Officers, based at Pattaya Police Station, announced the arrest of two Russian Nationals who were caught attempting to withdraw money from an ATM in Pattaya using cards containing stolen bank account information.

The Kasikornbank alerted Police to the fraudulent withdrawal of 20,000 Baht by the two men. The transaction was allowed to be processed with the knowledge that Police were on their way to the ATM to arrest the two men.

Mr. Sergei Popov aged 27 and Mr. Evgenii Kurbatov aged 37 were arrested and taken back to their Hotel room where a total of 36 ATM cards were found along with 2 magnetic strip readers and a piece of paper containing four digit numbers which are presumably PIN’s for the cards.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/146998/two-russian-atm-card-fraudsters-caught-by-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-26

And according to Thai Imigration rusians can come and go on entry visas as long as they want. Other people here for ligit reansons have to go through all the normal red tape but no not the russians.

Sorry but that is not true, I don't know where you get your Info from !

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762390-russian-out-in-visa-runs-same-as-other-nationalities-thai-immigration-chief/

So despite the unique agreement between the two countries, Russians will face the same tests when they do an out-in run as do citizens of other “visa on arrival” countries.
  • Like 1

The arrest of Russian ATM scammers does certainly appear to be a daily occurence! Wonder how many are not being arrested??!! Be VERY careful at those ATM machines!!thumbsup.gif

Think of all the time wasted and disruption you would experience dealing with the bank and the police etc if someone does take money from your account. So for that reason I have come to the conclusion I would rather spend a little more time on my transactions now and make them less risky by going inside for counter service. I am done with using ATM machines anywhere.bah.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

A post was removed for altering a post and making it seem like a quote. This is against forum rules ...

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Do not put your own comments within a quote !!