Election Sunday

dantilley

Hi,

Does anyone know if Saturday is a dry day due to Sunday's elections? Often alcohol is banned after 6pm the day before an election, is that the case this weekend?

What elections and where? Normally the ban is from 6 pm the evening before the election until midnight the day of the election, so I would think that this rule will apply.

Edited by Artisan

Hi,

Does anyone know if Saturday is a dry day due to Sunday's elections? Often alcohol is banned after 6pm the day before an election, is that the case this weekend?

What elections and where? Normally the ban is from 6 pm the evening before the election until midnight the day of the election, so I would think that this rule will apply.

Bangkok city, local council election I believe.

At least one bar has indicated that they will be CLOSED, however several others have said they will be OPEN, I'm quite sure you'll find somewhere for a beer or ten :o

Bangkok city, local council election I believe.

If Bangkok is the problem, then why not have a little adventure and to to one of the local provinces like Samut Prakhan, Nontaburri, Prathumtanni, Thonburri ?

I am sure some local fun can be had rather than the "Local Haunts" and its only a bus ride away :o

Guess we have to stock-up on booze b/f six pm sat. night.

Stay home and watch T.V.(golf my preference) or go online.

I believe we have to wait till Monday to legally purchase, an alternative is to visit your friendly mom&pop type of store in your area. :o

A Nana bar owner told me today that they had not had an official police letter yet, but he was being told informally that they would have to close Saturday night althought they might be able to open Sunday night. Still....at least at Nana, nothing seems to be official yet.