Heavy Rains in the Hills Mae Rim

Johpa

from my experience of living(8yrs) in the so called boonies of mae rim,some now called it beverly hills,biggrin.png i just called it the foothills,

they must release the gates from somewhere,and bingo you have a flash flood as your very nice pics show

9 yrs ago when we purchased our peice of dirt, we had a very simarlar experience,a very small klong which twists around the back of our property(,but at a very safe distance) had a flash flood

it ripped a small soi apart,which leads to our property,therefore we had no access,and more importantly delivery trucks as we had just started our build

after a meeting with the local govt head honcho and the village chief all effected chipped in(plus govt funds) to repair the badly damanged soi

as a result of this flash flood and nice contribution,we also gained a immediate good standing with the village communtitybiggrin.png which has helped us greatly over the yrs

some called it isolated out in the boonies of mae rim, but they have never experienced living here, and during our time living here, we have built up a network of thai neighbours,who respond to any emergency,when called upon

that klong has been dry as bone since that flash flood, so there we go, work that one out????

a very nice morning to allsmile.png

I spoke to family members and no major damage to homes although my sister in-law was pretty shaken up and she has been living alongside that stream for decades and had never seen anything quite like it. This all occurred up in the hills in tambon Mae Raem. Below is a pic of the road in front of the wat in Pang Heo (ปางแหว ).

post-9366-0-19628000-1411781730_thumb.jp