Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cctv image is really strange it looks like the person is covering up there clothing with another article of clothing or the shorts are too big.

So is that the same as this guy? Because this one is confirmed by the manager of AC Bar himself to be him

Do we know from the CCTV what time this image was taken? I'm really puzzled by the lack of a timeline in this investigation. The Thai police have not been slow to reveal other information, but putting a time on the murders is the first thing in a murder investigation. The timing could shed a whole new light on this.

3.44am this image was taken

post-221731-0-20836100-1411984441_thumb.

who says, this is confirmed the AC bar owner? sorry, might have missed that.

so, thats why he was arrested - and his dna matched 70% (claimed on this thread earlier, but nowhere in the papers).

what did he say, why he was running through town without shoes at 4 am?

Just search on that paper we are not allowed to name or link on here.

You should be able to see in the pics the times. First photo he is sprinting past at 3:44 am and in the second he is walking past at 4:49 am.

If it's the same guy then what was he doing in the intervening hour? Early in the investigation it was reported that David went back to his room from the AC bar and returned to the beach half an hour later. I think they put a time on this, but I can't remember what it was.

You should be able to see in the pics the times. First photo he is sprinting past at 3:44 am and in the second he is walking past at 4:49 am.

I remain unconvinced that these are the images of a 45 yo , look way younger to me .

• Like 2

A female body has washed up on the beach in Phuket, hands tied behind back aged 15-45..

Another day in paradise...These islands are full of gangsters...Not only Thai ones also..

Age 14-45. Wow, smart Thai police.

Why not age 0 to 150, just to be sure?

such is the decomposition of the body that they cannot tell at present and can only give that ballpark. Fair enough

This cctv image is really strange it looks like the person is covering up there clothing with another article of clothing or the shorts are too big.

So is that the same as this guy? Because this one is confirmed by the manager of AC Bar himself to be him.

Is he holding something in his right hand?

Agree in the other pic that shorts are too big and appears to be holding them up.

They really do look like David Miller's shorts. Look at the 37 sec mark of the video here that shows what David was wearing that night: http://mirr.im/1rfKflZ

I can't recall whether police confined Montrivet Toovichien was the guy in the cctv or not. Pretty sure he denied it was him but I also recall early on that he admitted it was him but he was attending the scene because he'd heard there'd been a murder. Can someone find his statements?Just doesn't add up at all.

• Like 1

Ok, yeh it doesnt look like him but that's what was reported and he apparently confirmed it was him. David went back to his bungalow with his mate Chris from the AC Bar after getting something to eat from a shop. He then told Chris he was going out to get some smokes but actually went to meet up with Hannah and her friend Emma at the AC Bar.

So...i think it would be quite revealing if they obtained Hannah and Davids phone records because i'm sure they would of been texting each other.

Edited by lucaswallachia

Is it not about time that the UK Assembly staff arranged to step in, and take over this case ?, with detectives and knowhow from the UK.

The poor families and friends of the infortunate victims of this horrible crime need answers, - and soon.

This whole case issue has become farcical, and is just heaping frustration at the lack of what appears to be any cohesive progress, upon their grief.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims

I know that your intentions are good but how on earth you could even come up with the idea that the UK could take over a case in another sovereign country is beyond me. Anyway, their inactivity speaks volumes. Perhaps they already know more than we know.

They may not be able to send police here but they are by law able to bring charges of Murder in a British Court. Murder is an extrateritorial crime in the UK.

Ok, yeh it doesnt look like him but that's what was reported and he apparently confirmed it was him. David went back to his bungalow with his mate Chris from the AC Bar after getting something to eat from a shop. He then told Chris he was going out to get some smokes but actually went to meet up with Hannah and her friend Emma at the AC Bar.

So...i think it would be quite revealing if they obtained Hannah and Davids phone records because i'm sure they would of been texting each other.

Hmm, if he did confirm it was him on CCTV and it wasnt him, there must be a reason. Does he know who this person is?

Also, nothing has been said by investigators regarding mobile phone records. Did they recover phones from both David and Hannah. If they arranged to meet, there might be text/ call records to narrow down timings and provide more details. Also, you would be able to track someone's movements via their phone surely?

This is the photo I mentioned. Was in the Nation in this article -

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-use-superimposition-technique-used-to-ident-30243922.html

maybe the shorts aren't dark blue. can't tell from the b&w photo, but they are def not the light colored shorts seen in other images.

Dodgy as owt. is there a time associated with that picture?

Neither of these shots looks like Mon to me. younger like some have said, and different hair. Could be his son / nephew though?

Where is this 70% DNA match reported? I've only seen a couple of people mention it on here but nothing official.

If it is true how common is a match like that?

Edited by bunglebag

Hmm, if he did confirm it was him on CCTV and it wasnt him, there must be a reason. Does he know who this person is?

Also, nothing has been said by investigators regarding mobile phone records. Did they recover phones from both David and Hannah. If they arranged to meet, there might be text/ call records to narrow down timings and provide more details. Also, you would be able to track someone's movements via their phone surely?

sorry lucaswallachia i didnt see the tail end of your post. I just pretty much repeated what you asked

• Like 1

Most hotels and bars offer free wifi in the area...and so it would be very easy for the police to contact certain internet companys in the area to see what phones and devices were connected at the time of the murders, if hannahs phone was also trying to connect too free wifi you would be able to see when it was turned off or if had tried to connect to another signal after the crime took place.

It would also be very easy to get information from suspects phones around the time of the murder to see if any calls or texts were made and to who.

• Like 1

His clothing has changed

So if he left his shorts at the scene and put on David's to escape there must be DNA on these shorts, and if he's a local, someone must recognise him from the CCTV. Is he one of the AC bar owners sons who is being protected? Or one of the Burmese suspects?

His clothing has changed

So if he left his shorts at the scene and put on David's to escape there must be DNA on these shorts, and if he's a local, someone must recognise him from the CCTV. Is he one of the AC bar owners sons who is being protected? Or one of the Burmese suspects?

Well also, i wonder what time the AC Bar closed, because if Hannah's friend said they left between 3 and 4 then i assume she stayed there till at least 4, and why would the manager be running around outside, surely he would have to be there to close up and stuff.

His clothing has changed

I wonder what the black thing in his hand is, looks kinda thick to be a phone. It also looks like a pair of black sandals in the clothing pictures, as well, since Hannah's pink jandals are there and you can see the black shoes David was wearing in the CCTV.

Also, do you have a time for when this CCTV was taken?

post-221359-0-02845800-1411987419_thumb.

Edited by lucaswallachia
  • Like 1

His clothing has changed

"Police found a pair of trousers with unknown stains on them that they have sent for DNA testing in Bangkok. "

His clothing has changed

Well also, i wonder what time the AC Bar closed, because if Hannah's friend said they left between 3 and 4 then i assume she stayed there till at least 4, and why would the manager be running around outside, surely he would have to be there to close up and stuff.

Yep. I'm sure the person in the CCTV is not the bar manager Mon, he's too young. It could be one of the owners sons , ie his nephews.

His clothing has changed

"Police found a pair of trousers with unknown stains on them that they have sent for DNA testing in Bangkok. "

Ok so googling that, the article says that (Sean) witnessed two Thai men trying to molest Hannah at an entertainment venue. And was also believed to have seen David rescue Hannah from the advances of the men before leaving the venue together on the night they were murdered.

I wonder if Sean's DNA is in the batch they are supposed to have completed soon because with all the contradictory statements he has made he surely should be considered as a suspect now.

Edited by lucaswallachia

Your'e all so cynical - a foreigner is someone who doesn't live on Koh Tao or to be exact in that village in Koh Tao where the crime was committed - der der der - is Inspector Clouseau anywhere abouts - we need 'im desperately to clean zees up

Seriously though I find the callous repect for the families of these poor victims attrocious! What they must be going through is beyond sadness and with these daily media reports making things worse for them day by day. The Thai police need to zip and, get on with their work and when and if they have conclusive proof then arrest the perpetrators - for the moment it's a farce.

His clothing has changed

Ok so googling that, the article says that (Sean) witnessed two Thai men trying to molest Hannah at an entertainment venue. And was also believed to have seen David rescue Hannah from the advances of the men before leaving the venue together on the night they were murdered.

I wonder if Sean's DNA is in the batch they are supposed to have completed soon because with all the contradictory statements he has made he surely should be considered as a suspect now.

If he's lived on the island for 18 months wouldn't he likely know these men? And if so why hasn't he named them? Especially now that he's off the island. Either he's full of BS and seeking attention, or they were not locals so he didn't recognise them, or he's throwing in a red herring for some reason. Strange, but then everything about this guy is strange.

• Like 2