timeshare touts

stevenl

Anybody seen any timeshare touts the last few days? I have not noticed them, and upon realising that checked their meeting place this morning and they were not there.

Have they fallen victim or am I just missing things because my hopes are up too high?

Yesterday at 11 am i had a meeting at the Beach road in Patong near Ocean Plaza. I had not seen so many timeshare touts, tuk tuks and green plate taxis since march this year. Full everywhere with them incredible .....but only a litte westerner tourists.

Dam!! R they giving the maggots work permits now ....it was rather ironic the other week a post from the (boss)of well known time share tout company saying what a bad reputation it would be for the Island to have the Dolphin fiasco ...Phufffft !!!! Pot ..kettle

All the time share guys used to meet at Chris's bar in kata but as of June they cannot meet in kata and sell TS. Only in Patong is what my TS friend had told me.

I was getting the same impression, but this morning I saw 1 again at their usual place at 7/11 opposite Kata Beach resort, and a pair riding around on their bike.

What is a timeshare tout? Some scam like the jet ski?

Someone who goes around trying to sell Fractional ownership of property, e.g. You buy a share for maybe ex amount, and it's yoru for three weeks of the year...

They hassle like hell..

There is one that goes around and he is French and rude as anything, if you don't stop and listen....

Get rid of them...

We are still here. and we have a work permit!

Yes but your work permit (if you have one because most of the walking touts don't have a work permit) only allows you to work at the address mentioned in your work permit.

You are not allowed to walk around and stop people with your sales pitch.

• Like 2

They not that bad just say no, job done

To do that you have to know what it is, problem is that the unsuspecting tourist does not.

But we're getting off topic here, it was not my intention to discuss the value of timeshare or the touts, only their presence. The other discussion has been had many times already.

It looks like the touts are there, albeit far, far less than in the past, as far as I am concerned we can leave it at that and close the topic.

To do that you have to know what it is, problem is that the unsuspecting tourist does not.

But we're getting off topic here, it was not my intention to discuss the value of timeshare or the touts, only their presence. The other discussion has been had many times already.

It looks like the touts are there, albeit far, far less than in the past, as far as I am concerned we can leave it at that and close the topic.

So you have said your piece and would . like the post closed now yeah?

So you have said your piece and would . like the post closed now yeah?

I asked a question here which has been answered.

The only way now this topic will go is off topic and it will be a discussion we have had here already many times.

Want to have that discussion again, fine, but I know what I wanted to know so am out of here.