Vigo 2WD 4 door - Improve Ride Quality

ArranP

The biggest problem is the leaf springs in the back, which are designed to hold ~700KG of cargo in the tray, with a full load of people on board, and there's not much you can do about them... the double cab already has softer rear leafs than the smartcab and single cab models.

I've never seen any conversion kits for the rear end, but if you're adventurous, it should be possible to retrofit the Fortuner's rear spring setup.

The other thing that can help with ride quality is tires - OEM ones rarely offer the ride and noise quality of good aftermarket ones.

Outside of that, the obvious thing is to just buy a car that gives you the ride quality you want ;) If you're not routinely carrying a tray full of pineapples or things taller than the roofline, a PPV will give you around 300KG of cargo carrying capacity, with a roof over your stuff, and nicer ride quality.

• Like 1

Spoonman, on 29 Sept 2014 - 06:31, said:

Exo 4X4 do a coil conversion for the Vigo.

Thanks for that ... I see that they do a conversion for the D-Max 4*4 as well. Have you any idea of a ball-park figure for cost of this before I chat to them and the load that that the conversion will take?

Some years ago if U fitted IRS the Tax went up,and no green plates allowed. Maybe finished now.Not Sure, but worth checking first.My friend got caught out when he went to sell his at the Reg place. Also he had fitted the Air Con into his Carryboy thing,some chuntering over that too i recall.

Some years ago if U fitted IRS the Tax went up,and no green plates allowed. Maybe finished now.Not Sure, but worth checking first.My friend got caught out when he went to sell his at the Reg place. Also he had fitted the Air Con into his Carryboy thing,some chuntering over that too i recall.

4 door pickups don't have green plates.

Cant You just But Out for once. Vigoes do a 2 Door and that may be of generall interest to other readers,regarding truck ride improvement.

I could I guess. But unlike yourself I try where I can to keep the thread on topic and as the OP was asking about a 4 door Vigo your remark about the green plates has all to do with the thread.

Saying that the green plate is because of how many doors/seats with belts, not what suspension it has in the back.

Edited by Spoonman

Guys, please don't let this topic get like the fu_cking oil level one. I know that a lot of you are bored one way or another and like to give each other a gentle 'dig' but lets try ... just for once.thumbsup.gif

By the way ... any idea of price ... I know that I could take a leaf off ... I use my V-Cross as a car with a big boot for golf clubs and suit cases.

Edited by JAS21

Guys, please don't let this topic get like the fu_cking oil level one. I know that a lot of you are bored one way or another and like to give each other a gentle 'dig' but lets try ... just for once.thumbsup.gif

By the way ... any idea of price ... I know that I could take a leaf off ... I use my V-Cross as a car with a big boot for golf clubs and suit cases.

Depends on how many leaves. You can just cut off each side of a leaf leaving the bit stacked in the U bolt. You can also have leaves tempered to be weaker, but here, don't know.....

All Trucks had Black Plates years ago.Greens a recent concession.I wouldnt cut the springs anyway.How do you sell it to someone who wants a truck for its intended purpose,and thats to carry loads.O.K if You replace them later and dont con someone.

I agree, don't cut the springs.

If you must stay with the leaf springs look at removing one of the main ones (that will give you a softer ride) and add a heavy helper spring (that will help when loaded).

also put in some decent poly bushes and shocks (koni's are nice and you can dial them into your desired end result).

For the EXO kits I have a vague recollection that the one I saw fitted to an Everest was something like Bt.40,000 this actually made a massive difference as the Vehicle was armoured (one of mine) and as part of our build we spec heavier duty springs and shocks due to the weight of the armour. The EXO kit had it driving like a sedan.