Internet TV?

ryanhull

Dontcha just love how people get free services and stuff and they Have the audacity to bitch about it?

I guess they think all of this programming doesnt take time nor resources. I for one dont know how they do it and keep it all free??

Could not agree more - you get what you pay for!

Thats not what I meant! I meant you guys who are getting free service and bitchin about it need to uninstall the software and pay truevisions 3000 baht a month and quit being so ungrateful for free software. Dont like the software dont use it.

I have just checked Uplayhd addon, and it says internet connection error! or server down. Everything is up to date and the cache cleared, and I'm using True 30mb connection. I'm in Pattaya(darkside)

Ok I see what I'm probably doing differently. I Set this up for my wife to watch and when I did I added a bunch of channels to the Uplayhd "my favorites" . When I checked to see if the system was working today I just opened the addon, clicked on my favorites and then the first station which is channel 3 thai TV. It worked.

Right now the wife is watching American idol in star workd hd on Uplayhd it's working fine FROM the my favorites menu.

However when I try to access just TV or anything else on the main menu I get the server down message.

Anything that I've added in the my favorites I can watch but if I try to watch the same station through the normal tv option on the main menu I get server down.

Here a pic of what's on

post-105221-0-00278800-1423743829_thumb.

Dontcha just love how people get free services and stuff and they Have the audacity to bitch about it?

I guess they think all of this programming doesnt take time nor resources. I for one dont know how they do it and keep it all free??

Could not agree more - you get what you pay for!

Thats not what I meant! I meant you guys who are getting free service and bitchin about it need to uninstall the software and pay truevisions 3000 baht a month and quit being so ungrateful for free software. Dont like the software dont use it.

You might be fishin up the wrong stream here wink.png ... I have 43 software developers under my command, and in an average month, we contribute over 400 man-hours to open source projects. If you think I don't understand the overarching thanklessness of it, you're wrong - the material cost to me is not insignificant. However, as an open source contributor, you either very quickly learn that the minimal thanks you do receive, is as good as it gets - or you give up...

As an open source user, either battle with it's limitations and accept them, or pay for an alternative - which is where my "you get what you pay for" originates.

For me, personally, when it comes to things like streaming TV, I've tried it all, and I'd simply prefer to pay for an "IJW" solution, and do... the last thing I want after I finish work everyday is to continue wearing the "IT guy" hat ;) YMMV :D

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

It was due to a technical reason, as the source of the streams is gone, which means the addon can not be updated so it to has now had to go too as most of it does not work (real simple stuff)

Thanks for these comments. I think they would have been useful on the other forum as well to help the MX crowd of followers that you created understand why something you were so kind to offer is suddenly taken away again. Saying here you did it (stopped support for MX World News) because you could do was not doing you any favours, unlike your answer above.

• Like 1

I have not fixed it yet, will do it later this week when I get a chance to do it as I was thinking of dumping this add-on.

The idea of dumping the MX News addon seems to have been before any terminal technical problem.My thoughts have now swung to you "couldn't be arsed" (bothered with it.) Could you enlighten your MX addon users about what the future might hold for the remaining addons...

• Like 1

I have just checked Uplayhd addon, and it says internet connection error! or server down. Everything is up to date and the cache cleared, and I'm using True 30mb connection. I'm in Pattaya(darkside)

Ok I see what I'm probably doing differently. I Set this up for my wife to watch and when I did I added a bunch of channels to the Uplayhd "my favorites" . When I checked to see if the system was working today I just opened the addon, clicked on my favorites and then the first station which is channel 3 thai TV. It worked.

Right now the wife is watching American idol in star workd hd on Uplayhd it's working fine FROM the my favorites menu.

However when I try to access just TV or anything else on the main menu I get the server down message.

Anything that I've added in the my favorites I can watch but if I try to watch the same station through the normal tv option on the main menu I get server down.

Here a pic of what's on

Jeez AJB you had me wondering before how tf yours worked and everyone else was server down? I just checked My Favorites too, I didn't save many, and some work like yours, some don't. Every other option inc TV says server down for 4 or 5 days now. This gives me confidence the admin may fix it one day and hasn't pulled the plug?!

I have not fixed it yet, will do it later this week when I get a chance to do it as I was thinking of dumping this add-on.

The idea of dumping the MX News addon seems to have been before any terminal technical problem.My thoughts have now swung to you "couldn't be arsed" (bothered with it.) Could you enlighten your MX addon users about what the future might hold for the remaining addons...

It is blindingly obvious by your aggressive tone that you have either sold on free content to other people or you are just a bit of an arse

Since when do people owe you explanations for software that is completely free?

It is blindingly obvious by your aggressive tone that you have either sold on free content to other people or you are just a bit of an arse

"Couldn't be arsed" is idiomatic language. Calling me an arse is a personal insult, and against forum rules.

I am just one of many people that feel let down over the MX World News addon. If you reread the posts above again, perhaps you will finally click that, yes, the addon was dumped and it was not for a terminal technical problem. Days and weeks of feeling left high and dry does that to you. I have not posted on the other forum today but did see people begging for a response to their problems. Other addon developers inform their users if they will be unavailable/away to help. Mr Jonc seems to not care. It's actually quite sad because when they were working they were great. And, no, I was just a loyal user. I resent your comment that you think I was in some way making money out of someones addon.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2014/09/my-experience-of-using-maige-internet-tv-in-thailand/

I found this a good read, people who have the maigetv do you find the Chinese language plastered all over your films/tv and on the menus very annoying?

Can't say I do - the biggest issue with it is searching... because the titles are all in Chinese, English searches don't work (and there's a LOT of content to search for). That said, often the descriptions will have things like actor names in English, so they become searchable.

You mainly get by looking at the poster thumbnails... and even then it can be difficult to read, and you get things like English soundtrack movies with French poster art, and Russian soundtrack movies with English poster art, etc LOL.

None of that really subtracts from the fact that it has great content, and just works though.

• Like 1

Some people sure have a unique way of expressing their appreciation smile.png

In my case, my appreciation was expressed many a time on the other forum. The app developers comments on this forum have led me to let my feelings on the matter be known. Some people have greened my comments and others have decided to personally insult me....

Even if free, it would be goodwill often found in free open source projects, to offer some kind of explanation other than a spiteful "turned it off because I can turn it off" approach when they go to the trouble of advertising their free product and creating a whole forum subgroup and topics on it? Whether free or not, much like this web site, where the info is free, if members are treated as insignificant, then they'll go elsewhere. In case of MX, they probably went to uPlayHD (until that went down as well!).

• Like 1

Even if free, it would be goodwill often found in free open source projects, to offer some kind of explanation other than a spiteful "turned it off because I can turn it off" approach when they go to the trouble of advertising their free product and creating a whole forum subgroup and topics on it? Whether free or not, much like this web site, where the info is free, if members are treated as insignificant, then they'll go elsewhere. In case of MX, they probably went to uPlayHD (until that went down as well!).

I don't see much goodwill involved in accusing people of not being arsed with doing work but honestly I don't have much interest in the matter so this is my last comment on that matter

IMHO is all of the different content from channels on demand or just live streaming?

Jeez AJB you had me wondering before how tf yours worked and everyone else was server down? I just checked My Favorites too, I didn't save many, and some work like yours, some don't. Every other option inc TV says server down for 4 or 5 days now. This gives me confidence the admin may fix it one day and hasn't pulled the plug?!

My confidence was warranted and the admin seems to have uPlayHD fully working again after 3-4 days down.

IMHO is all of the different content from channels on demand or just live streaming?

The main menu has 3 sections:

Drama: VOD TV Series

TV: Live streaming channels, most with 7-days replay

On Demand: VOD Movies

This video might help (not mine):

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

I'm no guru with computers. However, ThaiExpat is great as you can watch programmes live, which doesn't seem to be mentioned in this thread -although I may have missed it. For example, I watched the Open Golf on BBC2 live all day and no adverts!. Quality excellent and you can watch Sky News (the UK version - not the Int one)

I am with you on that. I think if you are from the UK it is the best option, they recently increased to 33 channels although I would never watch many of them. One of the good things about expat is that you can jump over the adverts. As you say when it comes to news and sport it is only a few minutes behind real time.

I have the android box on the TV and the windows version on my laptop. If I am going away or traveling I can record a couple of programmes and watch them later when no internet available.

I am with you on that.

It all depends on the channels you want and how good is your internet signal. All the talk about direct streaming is academic if it does not work, I cannot watch the iplayers direct as they just keep buffering but do not have a problem with expat. Some of us do not have the option of picking the internet service we would prefer. I am only interested in UK TV so it is by far the best option.

I think the various different bits of software and packages are very much in their infancy and I think I will wait a couple of years before I invest fully into a system, it reminds me of the time when people just started downloading mp3s from napster. I think in a few years the quality of streams and the choice available to everyone will be completely different to what we have at the moment. Maige TV looks like the best out of the bunch but the lack of Thai subtitles is a killer for my wife

For now I'm still fully of the opinion that downloading torrents for movies / tv and VOD streaming via 365sport for sport are the best two options with the occasional splurge on ilikehd for hard to find rugby matches. I just don't see much advantage of streaming tv series when you can get full seasons in much better quality if you just wait a few hours or leave it on overnight and the same for movies.

Edited by bkkgooner