Thailand aims to be world leader in fashion, textile design

webfact

Thailand aims to be world leader in fashion, textile design
By Digital Content

14119741106835-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 29 -- The Thailand Textile Institute (THTI) plans to develop Thailand into a world-leader of fashion and textile design in 15 years, by the year 2030.

The goal was expressed in THTI's annual conference on textile and fashion. Pramote Withayasuk, assistant to the industry minister, opened the conference that included an exhibition of award-winning and qualified entries from the Creative Textiles Award 2014 contest.

THTI Director Suttinee Poopaka said the institute had 15-year strategies to develop the textile industry of Thailand and they responded to the industrial development master plan of the country.

The strategies consist of three phases of implementation. In the first phase that will begin in 2016, the institute will make Thailand the regional center of fashion and textile procurement and trade. This will promote relevant operators in ASEAN.

In the second phase, Thailand will become the center of product design and development for world-renowned brands in 2021.

Ms Suttinee said that Thailand was ready to host headquarters and regional offices due to its infrastructures, public utilities, human resources and roles as a transit point for product distribution to Asian countries including Southeast Asian and South Asian ones.

In the third phase, Ms Suttinee said that in 2030 the institute would promote Thailand to become the world leader in fashion culture and textile design by integrating strong contemporary cultures with relevant industries of the country. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-29

So the well known brands are going to leave Paris, Milan, New York and will settle in Bangkok?

How? And Why?

How?...In droves

Why?..They will be enlightened that they lack Thainess and therefore can only be second rate...at best. Once they see that the knockoffs in Bangkok are so superior to the real thing, they will hang their head in shame.

Thailand just desperate to get recognition and to get on the world stage for something respectable.

But... Clean up all the rapes and murders of foreigners first. Then build proper pavements. Then make plastic chairs with backs that don't cave in when you lean on them. Then garden shears that don't crunch your knuckles when you use them etc etc.

Being a world leader in fashion, not to mention original fashion, is some way off I'm afraid, let alone pioneering and finding a cure for the Ebola virus.

Edited by pasak

A friend of ours came to visit from the UK she went out shopping and came back well pleased with herself, she said she found everything she needed for her 70's party in the shops. Don't like bashing Thailand but think they've gone too far this time.

• Like 1

Thailand's prudery and extensive censorship will keep it from any world leadership in the arts, ESPECIALLY fashion.

No serious famous and competent artist of any media would work in Thailand nor come to teach due to censorship.

Also, Buddhism is not arts oriented and one could argue that there is no such thing as Buddhist art.

I say, Thailand sell edible insects, rice, and hard drives; forget about developing the arts.bah.gif

• Like 1

They should first begin with a substitution to that FUGLY looking model representing the article. She's ugly but acting like she's all that and more...someone lied to this poor girl.

Now seriously...I can see it happening as the industry needs an Asian representative and since Asia is the future, Thailand has an opportunity, but it all depends on many situations that have impact on the younger generation that will allow them the opportunity to act upon this article. It's not impossible though...

Good Luck!

Edited by OPG

So the well known brands are going to leave Paris, Milan, New York and will settle in Bangkok?

How? And Why?

Because they can invest billions and only have to worry about their 49% stake; and everything is so easy here for foreign businesses.

The highly efficient Thai business families will manage everything business wise, utilizing the incredible design creativity that can be found throughout Thailand.

Over the same 15 year period Thailand will build a football team which will win the world cup, win the most medals at the Olympics, and re-write the medical science books with miracle cures.

I think they should change the slogan from "Amazing Thailand" to "Thailand - simply the best".

• Like 1

How? And Why?

Here's why.

The world's microscope will be zero in on p.M. Prayuth Chan-Ocha when he visits Milan for the 10th Asia-Europe Summit on 16-17 October in Italy.

They will be ordered to relocate in the Sukumvit corridor close to Paragon & Emporium.

• Like 1

Has there ever been a day when Thailand is not 'aiming to be World leaders' at something on the Planet ? I wish they would just concentrate on being a more normal society before embarking on more crazy idea's.

The have just become 'World leaders' at edible bug breeding.....that's enough for this century.

• Like 1

Now look here !

Enough of your degrading remarks about Thailand's fashion industry. I am sure the Thai regime will make men's and women's silk camo military uniforms all the rage and envy of democratic people the world over. And for those special occassions, an all white silk dress uniform adorned with a fashionable row of colored ribbons and badges that says, "Look how important I am."

What Thailand needs to break out of its drone fashions is another clothing pioneer like Jim Thompson. But such a foreigner probably couldn't get work permit.

• Like 1

Some enterprising types see the gravy train passing and want a ticket. In 15 years no one will remember or care about silly old exaggerations, but in the near term there will be a lot of "development" and "stimulus" money to be had. I'm thinking perpetual motion machines. That will be a great new opportunity for Thailand. Who do I call about this?

How? And Why?

Because the West is dying and the East is rising. I find it funny that so many Westerners are in denial about their home countries.

Also, there is no need for leading brands to leave the cities you mention. They can be based in more than one city. A world fashion leader is bound to emerge in Asia, so why shouldn't it be in Bangkok. Bangkok women are particularly interested in fashion, so I think Bangkok has an advantage over most other Asian cities. Seoul would also likely be one of the leaders.

Edited by ldnguy

Typical male farang replies. Probably most of you dress in beer t-shirts and know nothing of fashion. Bangkok women are among the most fashionable in Asia, and that's acknowledged by many leading fashion houses. Just because you farangs don't agree doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1