We have the cure for ebola, Bangkok's Siriraj Hospital announces

webfact

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bangkok post article clearly states that it could cure Ebola. There is a definite difference between the meaning of could cure Ebola and have the cure for ebola as the headline in this article states. Another example of a country with people that don't think before they speak.

sadly though, as you mentioned earlier, there is still no cure for their verbal diarrhea...

Ok, so face gained, now just let it float into oblivion and keep the change .. used to work. But alas these days everything is indexed into the net. So the equation comes Face * 1 Day - Loss of Face * Eternity = loads of loss. They won't get that now, of course, but check again in say a decade or so.

This morning I was having a friendly but assertive chat with the manager of the dental clinic where I go and the subject of Ebola came up as far as possible additional precautions dental surgeons may need to take if this matter gets worse globally.

The manager insisted that Thailand had found the cure because it was in all the newspapers. rolleyes.gif

I have to confess I lost track on where this claim has ended up but I did say I didn't believe it was the case that they had yet made this groundbreaking discovery yet the way it was presented in the media. Have there been any recent announcements about this in Thailand? Is it still only a case of could cure Ebola?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

In just one week Thailand has cured Ebola, they have brought the Tour de France to Thailand, they have announced they will be attaching tags to foreigners and charging tourists to visit murder island...anything I've missed?

Not unless you're Burmese!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thai airways is pulling all filghts from South Africa from 14th January 2014, not because it is not a profit making route, but because of the fear of Ebola. They should check out Europe and Britain who have cases of the virus on their shores and now America too. What about all the west Africans arriving in the High season, man it's going to kill the authorities to even contemplate that senario. BUT never fear, Thailand has the vaccine. Vaccine only work if people get vacinated Somchai?

• Like 1

Thai airways is pulling all filghts from South Africa from 14th January 2014, not because it is not a profit making route, but because of the fear of Ebola. They should check out Europe and Britain who have cases of the virus on their shores and now America too. What about all the west Africans arriving in the High season, man it's going to kill the authorities to even contemplate that senario. BUT never fear, Thailand has the vaccine. Vaccine only work if people get vacinated Somchai?

Check out Europe and Britain......Last time i looked Britain is part of Europe.

Have to admit to being a bit skeptical of this claim. Did it get to human trials? If not, then jumping the gun on this announcement. Then the steps of getting FDA approval internationally can take months to years. The below announced Sept. 17, 2014. Though they say vaccine rather than cure.

First British volunteer injected with trial Ebola vaccine in Oxford

If vaccine tested on Ruth Atkins and other healthy volunteers is found to work, it will be fast-tracked for use in west Africa

More here - TheGaurdian

"The team was able to develop a special kind of vaccine that would produce antibodies to cure the Ebola virus," it claims.

It would usually take up to one year doing blind studies, etc... to get such treatment legally on the market. It reminds me of so many people, some friends of mine as well, who were test dummies for a greedy pharmaceutical industry.

AZT finally killed all people, while most of those those who received placebos survived.

The hub of pharmaceutical dreams?

The hub of educational erections?

The hub of why's?

The hub of lies?

BTW, what's a special kind of vaccine that would produce antibodies to cure the Ebola virus, when not tested on human bodies?

Edited by lostinisaan

In just one week Thailand has cured Ebola, they have brought the Tour de France to Thailand, they have announced they will be attaching tags to foreigners and charging tourists to visit murder island...anything I've missed?

You forgot that the Ping Pong Ball industry will invest three million Laotian Kip, as the demand in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket is rising rapidly.

• 2 weeks later...

does Thailand have a biohazard level 4 certified center? There are not many in the world; I would sleep easier knowing that they weren't trying to experiment with the ebola virus in an unsafe environment.

Interestingly, as far as I know from working as part of the Hong Kong Government Disaster Recovery team that assisted The RTP and HK Citizens in Phuket after the Tsunami, they don't even have Bio Hazzard Suits. They were so ill equipped that we left all of our Bio Hazzard kit for them when we left, 1,200 sets to be exact. As a gift.

I will say that I was impressed with the Private Hospitals in Bangkok. We visited all of them and the level of organisation was very professional. Government facilities, not so...

In my village everybody was being vaccinated against Ebola at the temple yesterday for free ( i wasn't invited ) The wife said i could go along and would be vaccinated for free as well ( she asked the village chief ) i decided not to have an injection that hasn't been tested properly,this isn't Siera Leon.

Are you serious?w00t.gif

That's what the wife told me, mind you she is Thai, i didn't go and have a look myself

In our village also everybody was called to go to the temple to get vaccinated against ebola.(ban pluay noi si saket roiet)

I did not trust it and told my wife not to go.

In my village everybody was being vaccinated against Ebola at the temple yesterday for free ( i wasn't invited ) The wife said i could go along and would be vaccinated for free as well ( she asked the village chief ) i decided not to have an injection that hasn't been tested properly,this isn't Siera Leon.

Are you serious?w00t.gif

That's what the wife told me, mind you she is Thai, i didn't go and have a look myself

In our village also everybody was called to go to the temple to get vaccinated against ebola.(ban pluay noi si saket roiet)

I did not trust it and told my wife not to go.

This is worrying me.

Weres this cure,There was supposed to be a big press anouncement.What did they say,Looked on world news,Nothing,,Another load of bull<deleted> from thailand,It seems they report bull<deleted> on this site.Then you hear no more.What about the guy in a coma.Hushed that one aswell.

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.