90-day report by registered mail didn't work !

Late July this year I sent my 90-days report by mail (for the first time) to KCI. It was sent in good time before the report date on August 12 which is a public holiday.

A few days after the report date I got my envelope that should be used for the confirmation slip back. The envelope was closed and sent from there on August 5.

The envelope was empty with no slip and no information if anything had been wrong. My wife telephoned them 2-3 times but we never get any real explanation.

Anybody else here on the forum who have had the same experience ?

This happened to me a few years ago. I went to the office responsible and had to read through a handwritten ledger to find the entry relating to my report. It took quite some time since I wasn't exactly sure of when I'd posted the form to them. Once located, a new receipt was issued.

ok, so, piecing this together,

you are given a receipt, then what? who ever asks for the receipt?

is it required to show 4 receipes in order to get next years visa?

If you have a visa you don't need to do reports unless it is a OA visa that gives one year entries.

You only need to do report if you stay longer than 90 days in the country.

You normally report to the same office and they will have a record of your reports. When go in to do an extension of stay they will only look that you have a recent report receipt. Every time you make a new report they give you a new receipt and keep the old one.

• Like 1

#JanAndersLarsson

Are you sure that Kap Choeng Immigration allow 90 days report by mail ??

I ask as a freind of mine live in Surin for the past +3 years, and he be told they don´t do it by mail.

He did hes 90 days report 2 week ago where he ask them again, and was told again, that they don´t allow it.

Only want to ask and hear, so i can tell him about this.

Tia.

Edited by JJ Madcow

this will be interesting to see then,

there are people there, from the US who have been living there on retirement visa's who have never reported and who have told me not to bother with it

There is a fine if you do not report 90 days, if you leave the country before 90 days when you return 90 days is reset

#JanAndersLarsson

Are you sure that Kap Choeng Immigration allow 90 days report by mail ??

I ask as a freind of mine live in Surin for the past +3 years, and he be told they don´t do it by mail.

He did hes 90 days report 2 week ago where he ask them again, and was told again, that they don´t allow it.

Only want to ask and hear, so i can tell him about this.

Tia.

Yes I am sure. I asked them last time I made my extension in May. They gave me a printed note with their address, telephone numer and e-mail address.

I think that the forum member Khwaibah who lives close to the KapChoeng office knows better.

Anyhow I will try to go there at the end of this week and try to sort it out. I will keep you informed of the outcome.

Edited by JanAndersLarsson