AOT launches a new investment plan for Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

AOT launches a new investment plan for Suvarnabhumi Airport

BANGKOK, 29 September 2014 (NNT) - Airports of Thailand Public Co.,Ltd. (AOT) has prepared another investment plan to develop Suvarnabhumi Airport using 40,000 million baht of liquid assets after the Bt62,000 mil budget for the 2nd phase Suvarnabhumi Airport construction project was rejected by the Monitoring and Auditing Committee on Fiscal Expenditures.

AOT chairman, Mr. Prasong Poontaneat, revealed that the AOT is in the progress of analyzing the Suvarnabhumi Airport development project to cater for about 65 million passengers, up from the present 40-50 million passengers, to replace the 2nd phase Suvarnabhumi Airport construction project after the Monitoring and Auditing Committee on Fiscal Expenditures, unofficially ordered it to revise the project.

The new investment plan is expected to cost about 40,000 million baht which will come from Suvarnabhumi Airport’s liquid assets to be invested in the new passenger terminal building, more 28 pits, runway, and parking lot.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-29 footer_n.gif

How many passengers currently? What's the real trend? BKK reaching its full capacity soon?

As a side note, before extending anymore, it'd be nice to maintain the current infrastructure(s).

Valid point, as well, for other existing projects: the Airport Link comes to my mind...

Just asking whistling.gif

I know CAPEX / OPEX / graft / TiT etc. facepalm.gif

Just my 2 cents

It doesn't matter how pretty the door is and how many times you paint it , if there is political turmoil and people do not feel safe they will not come.

Its not political turmoil they're worried about, its their safety once they reach their destination, hotel, resort etc.

They've also read about the scams. Seeing a few camo dressed guys won't put off most tourists.

Amazing they managed to save 22 billion bath after the auditors had a look at their budget!!

No change in constructionplans, it just suddenly became about 30% cheaper!!whistling.gif

Corruption is really a cancer in this country!!

• Like 1

Amazing they managed to save 22 billion bath after the auditors had a look at their budget!!

No change in constructionplans, it just suddenly became about 30% cheaper!!whistling.gif

Corruption is really a cancer in this country!!

Cancer isn't the big fear in Thailand that it is in the west. Otherwise you wouldn't name a store 'Big C'

I hope they do a better job on the new terminal than was done on the existing one. Maybe they can put some money into the existing terminal to refurbish it and make it more passenger friendly. Really, Bangkok, with this relatively new airport should be able to brag about it. When I fly though Inchon I am just amazed at the difference between our airport and theirs. I don't rightly mind a long layover at the airport in Seoul as the facilities are so good comparatively.