Thai villagers face eviction threats from 'mafia'

webfact

Suthep's home province; Mafia, corruption, land grabs, intimidation, palm oil every where. No, sorry, don't put words into my mouth that i was'nt thinking...

555, what a stupid comment.

Does that mean everything wrong in Chang Mai is Thaksin's fault ?. Grow up.

Most of it! whistling.gif

• Like 2

Can not imagine the angst the villagers feel on a daily basis...waiting for the goons to show up and harass or even kill them and their family members...who can be trusted in a place like this?

This is Thailand...

Absolutely disgusting story, what a disgrace....I am so glad that I don't live in Thailand anymore.coffee1.gif

Reading between the lines makes it obvious. You'd love to live in Thailand.

Please be honest. Is it really better to live in the States, the UK, or somewhere in Europe,or elsewhere?

Nope, there's no Russian, Turkish, Albanian, Italian, etc Mafia in let's say Germany. They're everywhere.

I am so glad that I live here for 12 years and will hopefully be able to continue doing so until they cremate me in my wife's village.

Living here with, or without any Mafiosi.-thumbsup.gif

Ohhhh!! What a heart warming story, it almost brought a tear to my eye....Until I realised that the post is about poor Thai villagers that have been murdered and told that they have to leave their home that is their legal right to stay there, by a pack of animals parading as humans that have no respect for the law or for other people, and have no legal right to be there threatening poor and defenceless people.

So much for the fantastic story that we are 95% Buddhists in this country.facepalm.gif

I haven't seen one true Buddhist yet and I have 30 years experience in Thailand.

I am fairly sure that you will be singing a different song if the same thing happened in your village, you may think about changing your name to lost in space

Edited by Paulzed

Suthep's home province; Mafia, corruption, land grabs, intimidation, palm oil every where. No, sorry, don't put words into my mouth that i was'nt thinking...

Most of it! whistling.gif

Let's just say that everything that is right with Chiang Mai had little to do with that gutless, on-the-run criminal. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Can not imagine the angst the villagers feel on a daily basis...waiting for the goons to show up and harass or even kill them and their family members...who can be trusted in a place like this?

This is Thailand...

May be time to get a Charlie Bronson type involved. Imagine the goombas expression as the havoc rained down upon them? That would be some really popular YouTube footage.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Absolutely disgusting story, what a disgrace....I am so glad that I don't live in Thailand anymore.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

But still spending free time trolling on posts of developing countries' forums while staying in utopia. Interesting.

Hey, I do the same and there is nothing wrong with keep abreast of what's going on there. While I have been visiting Thailand for over 30 years and there are certain aspects of the country I like, that doesn't mean I necessarily want to live there. There was a time I almost bought a condo there but I don't see Thailand through rose tinted glasses anymore. I have good friends that do live there and like it but I personally don't want to spend my life there. I do like a less chaotic environment and don't want to spend most of the year going from air conditioned condo to air conditioned malls, restaurants, etc. Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket are just overcrowded, dirty, places in my book but that is just my opinion and yes I would rather stay in something far closer to Utopia than Thailand.

• Like 1

The 50 soldiers were most likely hired thugs. It is easy enough to get your hands on any kind of military clothes here in Thailand. I have a 100% army jacket given to me from a Thai man on his way to sign-out of the army as he had served his time. Go to any of the festivals and there are people selling fatigues and army gear all the time. I hope the people living in this place get help and not be bullied into moving just because some person has money to hire thugs to try and do it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now the mafia have military support? Read my lips " there is no mafia in Thailand" I wonder what they call them?

The Alliance for Reform and Resolution aka ARR (pronounced "arrrr" ) ? You know like pirate talk.

"Arrrrr! And them's what died be the lucky ones!" (Long John Silver) If the powers don't come down with both feet hard, and "in the news" over this, I am going to lose some enthusiasm. I am full of it right now. (Enthusiasm, that is.)

Its not his 906 rai is it?

Dunno, but he is The Main Man of that province.

"555, what a stupid comment."

What's the matter you don't like the truth when it's there right in front of you? so you say some ones comment is stupid,,, ,thiguzzi, is quite right, Suthep has been playing palm oil games for years and well known for his and his kids land deals for rich friends and favors, and for themselves, but you like to stop people from saying bad things (the truth) about your hero, well "grow up" you don't have to like it but those are the facts.

As for 50 soldiers and mafia, standing over people, well that's not the first time and won't be the last, they maybe buddy's with the soldiers that took the money n cars in Khon Kean? cause it wasn't the cops.

And Question, Where's the media follow up?

"555, what a stupid comment."

What's the matter you don't like the truth when it's there right in front of you? so you say some ones comment is stupid,,, ,thiguzzi, is quite right, Suthep has been playing palm oil games for years and well known for his and his kids land deals for rich friends and favors, and for themselves, but you like to stop people from saying bad things (the truth) about your hero, well "grow up" you don't have to like it but those are the facts.

As for 50 soldiers and mafia, standing over people, well that's not the first time and won't be the last, they maybe buddy's with the soldiers that took the money n cars in Khon Kean? cause it wasn't the cops.

And Question, Where's the media follow up?

Anyone who actually believes they were 50 regular Thai army soldiers has the mentality of a watermelon. That;s if they actually existed, sounds like a bs story to me.

And judging by some of the dumb, halfwit, redneck racist comments flying around here, there are a lot of melons out there.