Where to buy dash camera and gps / map device/ in CM

scorecard

By now I'm guessing we have quite a few CM TV experts on my question. Here's the situation:

Son wants to install dash camera and a gps / map device / screen, so we're looking for advice, please, about : types / models / size of screen / prices and any other valuable comments..

The vehicle is a one year old Toyota Avanza, the model just before Toyota included the gps / roadmap as standard equipment.

Son is hoping that it's possible to move / reinstall a new console for the radio & CD player to a lower or different position (it currently takes up a quite large amount of space in the centre console), then install the gps / roadmap screen over the gap left by moving the radio / CD console.

Any advice / suggestions / recommendations /beware for this item and the dash camera much appreciated.

One last question, is it possible to set up the dash cam so it can playback on demand on the gps / roadmap screen?

Thanks.

Not sure but Panthip would be the first place I'd look.

Look for the dashcam that is actually a clip on for your mirror, so you get a a bigger mirror and a high mounted dashcam that doesn't take up console space.

The GPS would normally be a separate unit.

Depends what he wants it for. Is he trying to set up his own Google Street Maps or something?

Pioneer make a double DIN stereo/GPS/dvd unit which will fit dash with suitable adaptor. Most car audio suppliers can supply. Reversing camera may be added.

Cheap dash cams range from 500 Bt upwards and I'd recommend a small unit from Computer Plaza shops [northside of moat] in the ~ 1200Bt range for better quality. Small, 12mp and no battery... fully automatic.

When buying from Lazada--how do you overcome the Thai language hurdle, or do you read Thai?

I tried to order a Dash cam from them some time back [ after a similar thread on TV and a recommendation] but, although I could follow the obvious parts it began to get complicated and I gave up--I could not find a 'convert to English' button to click on the webpage.

When buying from Lazada--how do you overcome the Thai language hurdle, or do you read Thai?

I tried to order a Dash cam from them some time back [ after a similar thread on TV and a recommendation] but, although I could follow the obvious parts it began to get complicated and I gave up--I could not find a 'convert to English' button to click on the webpage.

Never had a problem ordering from Lazada. I guess I must have Google translate installed as all the Thai is translated to English. Now that I think there is an English option in Lazada web site.

at the top of the screen on their site there is an english language option

Edited by beau thai

My no name camera interferes with my built in gps screen on my Mitsibishi Mirage, if the camera is fixed just under the rear view mirror then the car gps will not work, place the camera over on the left side and everything works ok but it is useless right over on the left side, on the right side it interferes with my view of the road. Moving the camera gps receiver unit or even disconnecting it has no effect. Mitsibishi dealer has tried everything without success. This was not a cheap camera, 2,700 baht. I notice that the car gps receiver unit is mounted directly under the car mirror where the camera is installed, I can see no way of placing the car gps receiver in another position. I have ordered another camera from Lazada which is due to arrive in a day or two, it is the attach to mirror type and I am hoping it will work without interfering with the car gps.