Mazda 323 And Lpg

JAS21

I have read the thread on LPG a few threads ago.

My wifes 1.8 Ltr Mazda, which she has had from new and is now some 9yrs and 170,000Kms old looks like its gobbling fuel. We are not in Thailand all the time and step-daughter uses it daily (300Baht of fuel each day). She managed to boil it whilst we were in the UK and had the cylinder head flattened (skimmed I guess), new water pump etc etc. Don’t suppose it did the rings or bores any good either.

So after talking to a number of taxi drivers we are seriously considering LPG. The car has a very big boot for its size. They seem to be saying that their running costs on LPG are 1Baht/Km

It looks like there are two different conversion methods..I don’t as yet understand. Can anyone give me a brief run down on each. One is maybe 20K Baht and the other 40K Baht

Also as we live BK/Nonthaburi border..Chang Wattana/Prachachean Road/Nonthaburi Mall area anyone recommend a garage. Costs are not a huge issue but I don’t want to get ripped off..guess I won’t even visit the garage until after the work is paid for.

Also at that sort of mileage will the auto box be quite inefficient? We want to keep the car as a second one for daughter to use.

Thanks guys