Yamaha R1 2015

eisfeld

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Brushed alloy would be cool. Looking forward to seeing this in person, hopefully it will be at the upcoming motor shows.

In terms of price, it's increased in the US to 16,xxx USD, the old price here was 799,000 so I'm guessing around 899,000 unless they can absorb some of that increase with the reduced import tax re. ASEAN agreements etc.

Be interesting to see some ride reports but based on the specs and looks this would definitely be my choice of the 2015 i4 litre bikes.

My son is interested in a new 2015 R1 in UK the Thailand version will it be the same as say UK spec though, around 15,000 to 15,500 quid.

Haven't read all maybe posted already but the electronics package has :-

6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)

New banking angle sensitive Traction Control System (TCS)
Slide Control System (SCS)
Front LIFt control system (LIF)
Launch Control System (LCS)
Quick Shift System (QSS)
Power mode selection (PWR)
Yamaha Ride Control system (YRC)
Optional Communication Control Unit (CCU)
Digital instrument panel with Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD design.
Doesn't sound like a motorbike anymore to me.biggrin.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Have you seen one in the flesh?

I think its very exciting. Perhaps you are getting old tongue.png

I am "getting old" in past tense. Meaning I am already old. I use a walker,, am incontinent, wear undergarments, and can only dream of riding a motorcycle. So of course my opinions are completely useless. I thought that was already understood???

Sorry to hear that.

I am catching you up, I guess we have to make the most of every day.

As much as I admire sportsbikes my days on them are gone.

I still love my CBR650 though. If the loud noise at around 3AM was disturbing your sleep then I am very sorry. That was me on the Don Muang highway doing 200KM. [emoji23][emoji16][emoji56]

Biking to work and biking back home from it. Rain or shine. That's my lot.

You can't have got out much when you were here as there are loads of bikes on the road.

There are those that like to get the leather chaps out and pretend to be an outlaw on a hog rolleyes.gif when not in the office.

There are those that like to get the leather chaps out and pretend to be an outlaw on a hog rolleyes.gif when not in the office.

Sounds like the gay lifestyle there is quite lively. To each his own I guess. Perhaps you enjoy it, but sorry, not my thing.

I have given strict instructions to those around me that if they see anything like tassles or leather saddle bags, or even plastic eagles heads on my bike, they are to give me a reality check.

Back on topic.

I saw the new R1 in the showroom where I bought my MT-09.

Well sexy.

I was then inspired to ride over to the Aprilia dealer and drool over a RSV-4.

Also, very desirable.

The Tuono V4 is very nice

ZeuZ performance sells them now (greymarket) @ 939k - 2015 R1 that is (R1M not available yet)

It's not greymarket, I was there the first day they had it and talked with them. They told me they sell fully legal with green book for 952 000 Thb. They imported 10 of those, the were already all sold when I was there...

No R1M as you said tho.

Also OneOone bike seems to have received it (I saw some pictures on fb) but I don't know about green book and price.

IMO this bike looks absolutely gorgeous and the sound is awesome, even with the stock exhaust.

BTW, Yamaha will apparently not import it as they have problem to import it because of the exhaust.

Which raise the question, how Zeus can legally import when Yamaha can't?

Japan has much tigher laws when it comes to noise than Thailand so how could Yamaha sell it there but not here? Doesn't seem plausible to me especially since as you said Zeus apparently can legally import them.

Probably more likely that they don't care to import it as they don't see a big market for it here?

• 2 weeks later...

The first 10 arrived in thailand end of may. I was lucky to get the last one

Green with envy. If you don't mind me asking what is the price now? Shop up the road has previous model on display 730,000B. Nice bike but awful paint job.

The first 10 arrived in thailand end of may. I was lucky to get the last one

congrats! I wait for yamaha thailand to sell them. it wont be much longer anyways

yamaha chiangmai said this year somewhen. it will be abit cheaper + free first year insurance and maybe free akra slip on as promotion

my friend already offered a fair sum for my 899 so im ready

how is the bike so far ? any issues ?

The road tests I have read all point towards the bike being a game changer.

Long may it continue.

I saw one in the showroom here in Singapore. Absolutely jaw dropping.

I won't be buying one though, my only use for a bike nowadays is commuting and my MT-09 is all I need.

The road tests I have read all point towards the bike being a game changer.

Long may it continue.

I saw one in the showroom here in Singapore. Absolutely jaw dropping.

I won't be buying one though, my only use for a bike nowadays is commuting and my MT-09 is all I need.

Yes. In reality my only need is about 400 cc. The urge for serious power still lingers.

Most shops which can get them charging 939k some even more as theres a quite demand. The 10 arrived were sold within a week just got mine cause another buyers finance wasn't approved. However sadly i am not able to ride yet as i just had my foot <deleted> up falling of a bicycle haha.

post-77479-14343367205257_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Most shops which can get them charging 939k some even more as theres a quite demand. The 10 arrived were sold within a week just got mine cause another buyers finance wasn't approved. However sadly i am not able to ride yet as i just had my foot <deleted> up falling of a bicycle haha.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1434336723.700203.jpg

Hili I just wanted to know if you have managed to get out on the bike yet and what are your first thoughts? I am very interested to know as I have a 2012 R1 which I am considering changing for the 2015 R1.

Cheers