Yamaha R1 2015

eisfeld

Yes i put about 480kms on it. The bike is a great package of power, handling, suspensions and electronics working nice and smoothly together. I ride a 899 as well and with the r1 i tend to enter curves too tight as the handling is so easy especially for a liter bike. Power delivery is really smooth and sometimes you doesn't recognize at all how fast you are going already. Couldn't find anything bad about the bike. But well maybe because it's too perfect I decided to sell the bike as for myself i am missing some emotions and i feel it doesn't suit me that much - that being said I am used to 2 cylinders yes it's a different world but I learned i will stick to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes i put about 480kms on it. The bike is a great package of power, handling, suspensions and electronics working nice and smoothly together. I ride a 899 as well and with the r1 i tend to enter curves too tight as the handling is so easy especially for a liter bike. Power delivery is really smooth and sometimes you doesn't recognize at all how fast you are going already. Couldn't find anything bad about the bike. But well maybe because it's too perfect I decided to sell the bike as for myself i am missing some emotions and i feel it doesn't suit me that much - that being said I am used to 2 cylinders yes it's a different world but I learned i will stick to it.

still on sale ? i might be interested...

few pics would be nice (and details like accessories, insurance etc)

still on sale ? i might be interested...

few pics would be nice (and details like accessories, insurance etc)

I have a 2012 R1 for sale if your interested. smile.png

• 1 month later...

dyno chart

2015 bmw is one hell of a bike and kicks ass ,the honda is laughable 2002 r1 was pushing that out.
Correct.

R1 has had a history of weak midrange torque but seems to have fixed that.

Had the first generation R1 and it was a very extreme and hard to drive.

Almost fell in curves at low speed, could also deliver some impressive tank-slappers.

Continued with 2nd gen until I bought the gsrx1000k5.

Never had the chance to drive the BMW, but looks like a great ride according to all the test since it's initial release some years ago.