Tyre inflation - Siam country club road

brio

Can also highly recommend the Deestone shop.

As for tyres, I was very sceptical about them but the price was tempting enough... Just over half as much as the next expensive brand tyre in a shop on Sukhumvit.

30,000 km later I will never ever pay more for a tyre again.

• Like 1

It depends. I suppose, if the compressor has a dial. After 7 years here I have come to the conclusion that it's best if I do it myself with a foot-pump and gauge every week.

Mind you, I accept there are some reliable shops on SCC road (where I live), but the only petrol station do not have the facilities - or at least they did not.

Whilst on this, does anyone else notice that tyres in Thailand seem to deflate much quicker than the UK, for example?. I say this because I usually have to put about 2 psi each week into mine, whereas in the UK I seem to remember that tyres seemed to stay at a constant pressure for yonks. Maybe it's just me, but I read that story recently about the woman who said her front tyre 'exploded' when she had an accident. There was about 60 psi in the other one!. You seen it when the guys give you air in the bike repair shops. They just test with the hand. Sorry for the ramble.....

Yes do it yourself, Thais seems to think that 50 psi is fine.

I bought a electric driven one (car cigaret socket) and it's fine, using it for the scooters as well.

Don't buy the 300 baht ones but something like +500 baht should do it.

Truck and pcx scooter don't loose much air but the scoopy scooter does due to the spoke rims.

Correct tire air pressure is extremely important for best road handling and long life of the tires.

Most petrol stations have an air pipe.

Most roads have hundreds of petrol stations

Give the lad 20 baht tell him the pressures.

Everyone is happy.

If you don't know this you've lived a very sheltered life

I think you would struggle to find 'hundreds' of petrol stations on SSCC.

• Like 1