Mai Pradoo

Hello farming folk :)

First I don't have any ideas on forresting and trees but I have a question about "Mai Pradoo" wood or Mai pradu = Nara Wood (Pterocarpus indicus)

One of our family members has a problem with a village neighbour. My familiy member has a unused small land plot in a remote area. A neighbor in the village bought a small land plot beside the land plot of my familiy member. As far as I understand the purpose of buying the land was only because the neighbor wanted to cut of a big tree on his land to build a new wooden house. The thing is that the tree is actually not on his land it was in the land of our family member. The neighbor already cutted the tree and slices it into logs. Now our family member wants money for the tree because the tree is actually on his land plot. The neighbor doesn't want to pay and accussed my family member that he maybe illegally moved his cross-pillar or border sign ( I don't know how you call it in english - I mean the small official seal in the ground which declares the land borders). And the neighbour want someone from the department of land come and check this.

My question is now if someone know how much the wood of the tree is worth? As I said already, it is an Mai Pradu tree. Age was around 19 years old. I have never seen the tree. I just saw the the logged tree stump this morning. I would say a good 80cm diameter.

It won't be worth less than teak and a lot less that you would think, which I know is not a solid answer. Technically you are supposed to get a permit to cut these trees just like teak, but if it is for your own use and you are not moving the lumber very far, a blind eye is turned. At this point the tree is cut. If it were me, I would ask for 1/2 of the wood and call it a day. Then involve the poo yai and make sure the property lines are clear and no more trees are cut. The alternative would be to call the police or go to the poo yai and accuse him of theft (maybe report him to the forestry dept) and god only knows what happens from there.

Good luck

Yes but any guessing how much is this ting wort? I saw a post at alibaba.com from a thai timber seller. Price was from 2000 to 2500 $ for 1 cubic meter for pradoo wood. I highly doubt that this is the Thai Price. My guess is that it is about2 cubic meter of wood what the neighbor cutted of.

Yes but any guessing how much is this ting wort? I saw a post at alibaba.com from a thai timber seller. Price was from 2000 to 2500 $ for 1 cubic meter for pradoo wood. I highly doubt that this is the Thai Price. My guess is that it is about2 cubic meter of wood what the neighbor cutted of.

There should be someone in your area buying stands of teak. Find there shop (processing center) and price a bundle of teak boards and figure a cubic meter price. Now take that number and divide by 3 and you will have a rough price. Ignore any and all retail prices for lumber. You will be shocked at how little the farm gate price of lumber is. alternatively you could go to any lumber store and price out the same volume of any common lumber and divide by 5. I have a topic about selling my teak about a year ago, check it out.