Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

you must be on something

obviously you have never had dealings with this bunch of clowns

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only CCTV doesn't support that and another friend also said there was an altercation. Another friend said there wasn't. One friend said they left together. Another friend said David was home and went out to get some fags.

What I do know is that they are dead that it happened on a very small island under the noses of residents holiday makers and police. That there are numerous cameras that have captured most of the night on film residents that are afraid to talk and people skipping off the island or going into hiding. Most people are made to give DNA and others have a choice. And yet it's a couple of Burmese workers. Kay then.

Which CCTV doesn't support that? I find the statements that actually have a name put to them more believable.

Pity the poor patsy. Let's remember that one of the head policeman said early on in the investigation something to the effect that the world was watching so the police couldn't just find a scapegoat like they usually do. Seriously he said something like that. Guess he got overruled. Some on the forum have been wondering why the guy confessed. I imagine it went something like this. He's in jail and they come to him and tell him he's going to be convicted whether he confesses or not. They can make the DNA say whatever they want it to say. BUT, if he confesses, his family will be paid x amount of money and--who knows--he may be pardoned after a few years. Remember the doctor out in only 6 years after hacking up his wife. As others have stated, a large amount of money for his family--especially if he is going to be convicted anyway--well, might as well take the deal.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

Why not? Britons have their way of reproduction?

There are a lot of CCTV pictures of these two people, they are sitting at the same table in one bar, but never sitting together.

All the street shots, they are in different groups, not together.

People intending to have sex, usually are together for a while first.

I would have expected to see CCTV of them walking together, holding hands, standing close, but nothing like that happens.

They were not together as a couple at any time in the evening.

Thats what I thought, is there clear evidence they walked back together? correct if wrong

But they stayed in the same villa resort, overlooking the murder. Would it be at all possible that he heard the girls screams or attack and ran to help, either from the resort or on the way back?

Why do so many believe they were not intimate, its the only thing that really makes sense.

I agree with you. Fact we can place him there and it's where he was found. To say they were intimate is not even close to a fact at this stage. I don't believe they were intimate I think thats the easy way out of this. There will be a twist in this I m sure. Like David went out to catch up with Sean in the early hours and they both went to see what was happening. Sean fits in here somewhere. Not as a murderer But somewhere.

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

you must be on something

obviously you never had dealing with these bunch of clowns

I was on Koh Tao in January and a Western friend who has worked there for a few years and has been living in a hut by the beach, said there were frequently couples having sex on her doorstep, often not even knowing each others' names, i.e. they finished and then asked "what's your name?' before going in opposite directions. She had sometimes turned lights on them and even threw cold water once, but without any shame on part of coupling couples.

This kind of behaviour gives a very bad example to locals in a country where sex in public is taboo and Thai women wear teeshirts to swim. OK the sex trade is rife, but mostly concealed in bars.

Absolutely not an excuse for these brutal murders, but maybe we should stop abusing the Thai and look at Western behaviour, which gives the wrong message about what is acceptable.

They were having sex on the beach which is a big no no. These 3 sickos thought they would teach them a lesson ,one hitting david over the head with a iron bar (probably a bike wrench) while they were having sex. When david put up a fight they had to kill him. Then with panic because hannah witnessed the murder they had to kill her.

I believe they were hit by he same left handed person. Once over david while they having sex then the same person used the hoe on hannah.

The used condom would of had davids DNA on it but they if not said so. Good they keep some things under wraps.

I believe they did it with no cover ups all the dirt will come out in the wash.

No point in gangsters killing tourists when they need to protect the image of the island to earn money

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

Come on, girl. Dont lie to yourself and open your mind.

All of us knows what has been happening in this country.

Look at what really happened without any excuses, please.

Edited by smiette

What was Suthep's main area of influence? Surat Thani? Surely Koh Tao would fall under Surat Thani's influence??

Not saying Suthep was involved but in terms of influence and connections then if an "influential person" from Koh Tao was in tight with Suthep (and maybe sent people in support of the protests etc etc) then connections and influence don't come much higher than Suthep's.

So if you are thinking that a Mafia type guy from Koh Tao cant have enough influence to pull this off then maybe think again.

For all you people defending the pillars of our communities that are the police heres a story for you. I have a former friend who killed 3 migrant workers while driving drunk on Koh Samui, he has money and was able to buy his way out of that mess by greasing the right palms. The police made it look like the 3 poor blokes on the motorbike were drunk and because they were migrants, nobody cared and there were no family's to deal with! This is a fact so to all you people defending the police I just want you to know that this stuff happens all the time here. It's just the way it is, and if we are not prepared to live with it then we should just pack up and go.

I was on Koh Tao in January and a Western friend who has worked there for a few years and has been living in a hut by the beach, said there were frequently couples having sex on her doorstep, often not even knowing each others' names, i.e. they finished and then asked "what's your name?' before going in opposite directions. She had sometimes turned lights on them and even threw cold water once, but without any shame on part of coupling couples.

This kind of behaviour gives a very bad example to locals in a country where sex in public is taboo and Thai women wear teeshirts to swim. OK the sex trade is rife, but mostly concealed in bars.

Absolutely not an excuse for these brutal murders, but maybe we should stop abusing the Thai and look at Western behaviour, which gives the wrong message about what is acceptable.

There is no reason or evidence to question these kids behaviour.

Shame on you to list all the ways westerners misbehave in Thailand. Got to bed it's late.

cool thats real hoping but you now the police are a law unto them selves

so alas you wish will not come

Lie detectors for the police and let the poor Burmese guys go. We all want justice and not false arrests for tourism. Jail the police cover up team if they fail the test.

Yeah and I hope the police get caught for their crimes and that there's a death sentence waiting for them..

For all you people defending the pillars of our communities that are the police heres a story for you. I have a former friend who killed 3 migrant workers while driving drunk on Koh Samui, he has money and was able to buy his way out of that mess by greasing the right palms. The police made it look like the 3 poor blokes on the motorbike were drunk and because they were migrants, nobody cared and there were no family's to deal with! This is a fact so to all you people defending the police I just want you to know that this stuff happens all the time here. It's just the way it is, and if we are not prepared to live with it then we should just pack up and go.

This story actually makes it less likely they are going to frame someone. As you just said 3 migrant workers were killed and there was no family to deal with.

This case is high profile with family and media to deal with.

Do I think there are corrupt police, oh yes. But that being said the high profile nature of this case means the likelihood they can frame someone a lot lower.

Now that the Thai Police have caught the guilty party, i am sure that Mon, the village head mans son will willingly consent to a DNA sample, so that his dad can carry out his threats to the media and sue them for the accusations, against his innocent son.

What a load of BS. The local paper can't even spell DNA, which gives me great confidence the police know how to test it.

DNT sounds like a pesticide.

DNT sounds same like a pesticide as DNA. Do your homework, the right name is DDT, I know from my youth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDT

That all has nothing to do with Police work, or how tests are performed. blink.png

Maybe one Burmese guy "Win" who worked at the bar was involved and the others were ??? You guessed it ! The other two Burmese may be innocent and the police trying to place blame. Lets hope Win survives the night to tell who the other two really were.

With all the BS the police and media has thrown at us it is really difficult to know what's true and what's not.

Why do so many believe they were not intimate, its the only thing that really makes sense.

Because most people will look at the crime through their own prejudices, logic, and beliefs i.e. it wouldn't be a Thai, Thai police are shown to be corrupt so that mean every Thai policeman is corrupt, or the Thai police have bungled many other cases so they will just bungle this one or both David and Hannah were in committed relationships so they wouldn't cheat on their partners because logically we aren't supposed to do that even though they are on the other side of the world at a party destination etc,

It's just in the end there is no completely concrete profile of a murderer. Every country in the world has a murder rate so realistically you have to expect that a number of people are going to get murdered every year.

This story actually makes it less likely they are going to frame someone. As you just said 3 migrant workers were killed and there was no family to deal with.

Do I think there are corrupt police, oh yes. But that being said the high profile nature of this case means the likelihood they can frame someone a lot lower.

Sadly you have not been here long enough my friend....the Thais have no idea where or when to draw the line..."But that being said the high profile nature of this case means the likelihood they can frame someone a lot lower"....they do not even see the line that you or I would see, it simply does not exist for them....the examples are endless

I think you missed the point. What im trying to say is for the right price you can buy yourself out of trouble here!

And the police don't care how it looks they are a law onto there own.

.. I wasn't gonna say this but... there was a similar man leering at my wife - while we were waiting at the elevator for our room...(Not in the same place/time)

and I don't mean slightly - full on. It was really embarrassing for us and HIM!!!

<deleted>!

No repercusions - means lawless people...

In the media report it states DNT test is this something new or just the usual fishwrap not having a qualified reporter or editor?

If it were my family, I would be most concerned that the original DNA taken from the victims has also been forwarder to so outside , independent facility. Otherwise what is to prevent the powers that be, in their need to make an arrest, from getting the new perp, extracting a DNA sample from him and substitute it in place of the original DNA sample , then taking another from the perp from which to draw a match.

I do hope some outside neutral, independent party will be able to keep tabs on this...... as the police have all the pressure of the world on them to provide a successful end to this investigative farce.

Yes, well said Gonzo.

I alluded to similar scenarios in previous posts.

My underlying driver remains the island influential families. They know what is going one - in the sense that there are so many on their payroll or protection to inform that there would be a massive amount of info coming their way. Why they don't coordinate with the police is another interesting dynamic. Could be they are.. but with only certain ones. Could be that they are trying but police are refusing. Could be that the patsy Myanmar migrant worker is the convenient scapegoat, as many have said.

I wonder if this Myanmar national has a criminal past here or in home country. I think something like this would reveal a real hardened criminal.. a real bad guy. So, if not convictions are there any accusations or indictments in past?

On behalf of the honest and hardworking RTP, thank you Minnehaha for your helpful idea. We are currently in touch with high ranking friends in the Myanmar Police. Once certain negotiations are complete, we expect to have documented evidence that these illegal workers were prime suspects in a number of savage rapes and murders. They fled to Thailand and managed to enter illegally prior to the recent immigration reforms.

_77934261_hi023951332.jpg

"Mr Miller's family said they had been particularly touched by vigils held by people on Koh Tao"

In the midst of all the Thai bashing this is a good image to keep in mind.

Is that the mafia boss to the right?

In case this is the village chief: yes. mafia, but not the boss. The bosse4s usually have no time to show theit faces.

this picture digust me so much, thats so weird, thats so fake!

these people do know who did the crime, maybe some are certainly involved in the murder.(or does have family member involved)

And they are just running the show, thats sickening!

These hypocrite are just praying because they do fear for their income, they fear tourists will avoid the island.... they dont care about these 2 kids.... bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Edited by Bender

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup

Your Thai wife thinks that? Than it must be true. tongue.png

Does she also think, that there is some Pii ghost around any corner?

Does she also have small Ghost house in front of the house and places drinks there for the ghosts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Thai_culture

Edited by ALFREDO

the arrested suspect does appear to have a similar body profile to the CCTV footage taken on the night of the murder....IMO more so than the other Thai Visa suspects mon and Worat

So show us the footage where they are walking together and we can see. All we know is that these three guys were on a motocyc together. Why hide some footage and not others. Just because we say it's a rabbit and it looks like a rabbit doesn't mean it's the guilty rabbit !