Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...............all of you...............................take a step back.

I am equally angry about how all this has gone down. However........................

we now have 2 confirmed confessions................... two.

News showed the first suspect being walked back to the crime scene. He actually cracked a smile. No marks on his face, hands and lower arms. Either he's a patsy and dumb as a rock.......... or.............. he is one sick puppy.

Lets wait for the DNA result tomorrow.

One bought confession......possibility............ two, unlikely. Lets see what materializes.

Good night all until tomorrow..

Yes I said you ahve weak evidence- but how does that translate to 'Thai police never use scape goat'?

Also, I have read the news about taxi driver- he said he was kneed. Can you tell exactly how he was kneed? Could it be possible that he made it up? Do you have evidence that he was attacked?

Now I am not saying that this didn't happen- it may or it may not happen, but I won't just believe that it happened only because I am bias against the Thai police, or someone said so. Thai police have had many bad images, but have also done good things. So I will be in the middle and not come to conclusion without hearing comments from both sides or seeing evidences.

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

Don't Thai to me, oops I meant

Don't lie to me.

Of course a Thai could not do these crimes.......

A Thai could not Rape a young girl on a train then Murder her by throwing her off the train still alive.

A Thai could not be a high ranking Anti-Narcotics official and be caught trafficking many Millions of Baht's worth of YaaBaa and Ice.

A Thai could not be a Corrupt / Extorting / Liar officer of the RTP.

"A Thai could not do these crimes", sorry to burst your bubble of ignorance but

YES THEY CAN,

YES THEY DO,

AND THEY DO MORE WORSE...

Police Claim Burmese Migrant Confesses To Koh Tao Murders

By Khaosod Eng.

14122530631412253403l.jpg

BANGKOK Thai police claim that one of three detained Burmese migrant workers has confessed to murdering two British tourists on Koh Tao island several weeks ago.

According to Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip Chaijinda, deputy chief of Thai police, the Burmese worker told police he came across David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, while they were "having sex" on one of the islands beaches.

The suspect then became "aroused" and decided to sexually assault Witheridge and murder her and Miller, Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip said.

It is not clear whether the two other Burmese men in police custody were involved in the murder.

The three men's DNA samples have been collected but the results are not yet available, Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip said. Police have collected hundreds of DNA samples from residents on the island in an effort to find a match with the DNA traces found on Witheridge's body.

The chief of the Thai police flew from Bangkok to Surat Thani province this evening and is expected to hold a formal police press conference on Koh Tao tomorrow.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412253063

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-10-02

Must be a big bribe by the Mon family if the Chief of police is turning up on his helicopter. Hey I heard years back that the Thai's generally think the police are likes mafia organization, protection money, racketeering, paid to look the other way.

wonder how much that cost?

....may be the "murder" will be extradited to Myanmar to face his sentence there, then released on bail, which will cost him just half the dough he has stashed in his pocket, who knows?

It seems many out there want the murderer to be from a high ranking family...but maybe...jut maybe these guys are the real killers.

Maybe the police did keep somethings to themselves...

The Thais are the forum scapegoat. In their view the murderer cannot be anyone but the Thais.

Police Claim Burmese Migrant Confesses To Koh Tao Murders

By Khaosod Eng.

14122530631412253403l.jpg

BANGKOK Thai police claim that one of three detained Burmese migrant workers has confessed to murdering two British tourists on Koh Tao island several weeks ago.

According to Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip Chaijinda, deputy chief of Thai police, the Burmese worker told police he came across David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, while they were "having sex" on one of the islands beaches.

The suspect then became "aroused" and decided to sexually assault Witheridge and murder her and Miller, Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip said.

It is not clear whether the two other Burmese men in police custody were involved in the murder.

The three men's DNA samples have been collected but the results are not yet available, Pol.Lt.Gen. Chaktip said. Police have collected hundreds of DNA samples from residents on the island in an effort to find a match with the DNA traces found on Witheridge's body.

The chief of the Thai police flew from Bangkok to Surat Thani province this evening and is expected to hold a formal police press conference on Koh Tao tomorrow.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412253063

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-10-02

Must be a big bribe by the Mon family if the Chief of police is turning up on his helicopter. Hey I heard years back that the Thai's generally think the police are likes mafia organization, protection money, racketeering, paid to look the other way.

That was a comment by the UN, really !!!

It seems many out there want the murderer to be from a high ranking family...but maybe...jut maybe these guys are the real killers.

Maybe the police did keep somethings to themselves...

Oh, but that just wouldn't do for some people, would it?

I mean, if murderer/rapist is the spoiled child of a rich, corrupt local gangster and the police are in it in the cover up that is a sexy story,, why let go of it just because some "facts" or lack of "facts" don't add up or there's no actual evidence?

A migrant worker the killer? it's like... meh, can't really work the recreational outrage on that.

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

who owned the used condom then ? not the rapist

Listen guys I've just read the bbc report and if the families are satisfied with the outcome of the police investigation then who are we to get involved? Are we all really surprised with this outcome? 95% of us predicted this would happen so it is what it is!

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

"...where the natives are known to have a low IQ." Jesus, could you people stop saying this kind of rubbish? Factually unverified and blatantly racist. Why? Why even give an opinion if you have nothing to offer the conversation?

I'm still at a loss to explain why the Thai taxi driver would want to fabricate a story of being bribed, then beaten by the police, because he refused to bear false witness. He'd have nothing to gain and absolutely everything to lose by putting himself out there!

Had he not refused the offer, would we now be looking at "confessions" from 2 different "suspects" ?

Seems to me that someone has ordained that "confessions" be obtained from someone/anyone within a certain time frame, as per the recent press police declaring that arrest warrants would be issued within 3 days.

I just read in the Bangkok post a completely different story it seems......

Says they brought in a guy named Soe, and he admitted to being the one on CCTV but denied the murder. This report was timed at 17.53, a half hour after the nation article.

SO <deleted>?

I just don't believe this Burmese feller did it. I hope I'm wrong.

Plus I hope the BiB can provide to the world at large absolute

proof, without a shadow of doubt, that this Burmese feller did

commit the crime. If they cannot....it's back to square zero.

God help the families of these two kids in this mess.

Archived