Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

Its a fit up and a bunch of bull.......and so is this ...... "I know a thai person could not do these crimes."

In the thirty years I've been here I've met many that could - also many Europeans, Antipodeans, Americans,Africans, Arabians all capable of perpetrating these crimes however I don't recall actually ever meeting anyone aggressive from Burma and I work with a lot of Burmese people.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So those were the 3 guys, who didn;t pay their 500 baht fee last month.

This country makes me wanna puke!bah.gif

This is Thailand , not like it here then get back where u come from , have a good trip
Thank you...my bags are packed and I'm leaving this place to people like you. Hope you have a safe life in LAND OF SHAME.

So many here seem convinced this is another police frame-up. Can someone please provide any links to stories where the Thai police have a history of framing innocent people in a capital murder case? In the USA, if a cop did that, they'd be eligible for the death penalty in some states.

I'm new to Thailand, so I'd really like to know. Thanks.

There is a very famous case of three palace aides back in the 1950's who were executed for regicide. But this isn't talked about anymore inside of Thailand.

Spot the difference. Compare the CCTV images courtesy of RTP. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By77TIPCYAA-lEg.jpg

Yeah... no one in white shorts

It's widely believed that the light coloured shorts that the suspect in the CCTV is wearing belong to the murdered man, David. David's shorts were missing from the crime scene but the rapist/murderer left his dark coloured shorts on the scene by accident.

One of the three on the motorbike is wearing dark coloured shorts.

Strange that they didn't wait to confirm the DNA matches before all this fanfare.

I thought they had already checked the DNA of all 600 foreign illegals working on the island with police connivance. Surprising they missed these three.

How is it possible ? Perhaps the officers gave them a choice as well and they declined testing. Rightly so that s a human rights mandate we re advised.

Finding a techie to help alter CCTV time and date images on the island would have been tough though. That stuff is really a Bangkok specialty it appears.

Police resorted to a tad of cut n paste as we ve been seeing. Which is a bit off considering they had a picture of these three all together nestled up on a motorcycle anyway. Strange behaviour from locals. Speed boats driven off the island early morn....

A guy named 'Win' can't be such a loser!? tongue.png

well I think his family back home just wont the lottery... so they will be well provided for smile.png

Win means nothing on its own, as Burmese don't have fore and surnames in the western sense.

Burmese are always referred to by their full name i.e Daw Aung San Su Kyi, you would never call her Daw Aung (Mrs Aung). Therefore this guy has a full name which either the police won't release or don't know.

Win is a native Burmese word, so his name could be something like Saw Win Htoo Lay not just Mr Win, so I doubt too many know of his arrest yet.

Good point. Nearly all the foreign workers there are undocumented aliens. So the police have no idea who they really are.

Foreign tourists will be ask to pay a fee to visit and put on ID bracelets but police and immigration allow 2 or 3 million illegal aliens to stay permanently.

This guy is still wearing the same cloths today as he did he attacked these two British kids(comparing photos from Khaosad and BKK post)? I find that an amazing, I also find amazing this guy is still on the island this long, after police have been so aggressively targeting migrant workers.

An absolute farce going on here. I've been following this since the first report. Nothing that this suspect who confesses makes sense. David had wounds on his hands that was indicated he struggled with the murderer before being killed himself. As well, his body was dragged into the ocean. From the looks of this fellow compared to David, the match up doesn't fit.

My Thai wife also agrees with most here that this is a cover-up. Living in Samut Sakhon, we have a large population of migrant workers here as well. She mentioned it's common practice to convince a migrant worker who fits the description of a said suspect in return for a hefty monetary compensation to be sent back to family in Myramar. I can see that happening.

Why was half the island afraid to talk if it was a poor immigrant from Myanmar. Utter horsedroppings.

Exactly. That makes no sense. If it was this Burmese guy and anyone on the island had even a shred of evidence against him, they would have turned him in in a minute - and collected the reward - without any fear of retribution. In fact they would have been national heroes.

Also: Just yesterday the police were beating up a taxi driver to get him to bear false witness against some Thai football players. How does this accused Burmese guy fit in with that story?

And finally, as others have pointed out, this was a crime of hate. It is much more likely to have been committed by someone who had a prior encounter with the victims, such as in an altercation in a bar earlier in the evening. A man simply deciding to rape someone on the spur of the moment like that would have no need to kill the victims so brutally.

Conclusion: The police investigating this case have so little credibility left that I wouldn't believe them even if they do have confession.

The only place that there is verifiable DNA of the perps is in the UK. They got the body of the female victim and you can bet your bippy that they did DNA tests.

Any DNA claimed to be that of the victim could have been swapped out in Thailand so that no one near the island would match it.

They can take DNA from the Burmese, run two tests on it and claim that one is from the victim and one from the 'perp.'

If they aren't willing to send these guys' DNA to the UK for comparison, it's a sham.

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.

Words are cheap and easy

Show the world the dammmmn proof. We are watching!

I DO NOT trust anything coming out of this blame game.[/quote

Take us through how that happens ? Aside from the fact it's none of your business is it the semen you want to see? The bodies perhaps ? - then tell us one single police force worldwide that would show evidence to a public no-one before or after a trial. Some of you really need to get a grip !

Actually to even begin to convince the world this is legit they will need to show conclusive evidence and especially DNA matching publicly now.... anything less and it wont be believed.

Just a confession of an immigrant under interrogation isnt going to cut it

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

The thai police are the biggest group of criminals IN THAILAND!

And actually the Thai's are one of the most violent groups of people on the planet when they get a small bee in their bonnet and could easily do these crimes. One was just given the death sentence yesterday. Thais can be extremely dangerous as they fight only in packs like wolfs due how cowardly they are, unless they have weapons, which they will use against unarmed people.

I hope every country in the world boycotts Thailand and they lose a huge chunk of money they do not deserve. Let the thai's buy their own rip off jems, let the thai's pay the difference between the thai price and the foreigner price to keep the temples and palaces afloat, let the thai's use the rip off tuktuks, let the thai's pay to use their own dirty beaches and have things stolen by thai's out of their hotel rooms, let the thai's have their bar bins padded, let the thai's pay to have the jet skis 'repaired', let the thai's support their own poverty stricken (due to laziness) issan families....

What a load of BS. The local paper can't even spell DNA, which gives me great confidence the police know how to test it.

DNT sounds like a pesticide.

Where's the picture & finger pointing? Probably can't show it because the cops beat him half to death to get the "confession".

Demand to see the 2 minutes cut from the CCTV video and you have the real killer.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=707139219363806&set=vb.596740650403664&type=2&theater

Why on earth would they cut out someone from the video?!?!??

Its called tampering with evidence, and doing it badly to boot, I mean look at the university cctv footage of the chief's son. Ridiculous, even Thais are saying this is ridiculous!

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup and it seems the ordinary population of Thailand are coming to the same opinion, it may be possible that a huge amount of good for Thailand can come from this horrible crime.

RIP young ones

So now the crimes solved (sic) we can now work on the racism problem. Why can Burmese workers live here and offer nothing back to the Kingdom of Thailand other than lining a few coppers pockets and expats and long term tourists have to mess about with visa runs.

Spot the difference. Compare the CCTV images courtesy of RTP. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By77TIPCYAA-lEg.jpg

Yeah... no one in white shorts

And what about that giant wild cat in front of the motorcycle. Is it a mountain lion or a lynx?

Well.. I've got some personal history with mountain lions, and I'd like to share that they are not at all indigenous to Thailand. A1 seems to be wearing glasses... the Ray Ban aviator type...

And just when we thought it was all over, reports from Bkk police are now denying that two of the detainees have confessed to anything.

But before that we had the Nation claiming one suspect claimed to carry out the two murders after being sexually aroused.

We had the BBC reporting from another police source that two of the detained had admitted to the murders.

If the above is correct, then how credible is the admission statement from Win?

I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.

Words are cheap and easy

Show the world the dammmmn proof. We are watching!

I DO NOT trust anything coming out of this blame game.[/quote

Take us through how that happens ? Aside from the fact it's none of your business is it the semen you want to see? The bodies perhaps ? - then tell us one single police force worldwide that would show evidence to a public no-one before or after a trial. Some of you really need to get a grip !

I guess you didn't see the photos posted of the crime scene right after it happened...

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup and it seems the ordinary population of Thailand are coming to the same opinion, it may be possible that a huge amount of good for Thailand can come from this horrible crime.

RIP young ones

We can only hope. One day there will be a great awakening in Thailand. Let's hope this is the beginning so we don't have to go through these stories over and over anymore.

All the amateur, holier than thou "experts" on this site with their supposedly well informed but actually absurd and frequently racist opinions leaves me and i am sure one or two others shaking my head. What country doesnt have tricky crimes to solve, baffling murders, police struggling hard under pressure especially when the first 48 hours has elapsed. The UK does, the US does...everywhere. Why not stop your banal amateur sleuthing and let the police get on. It'll give plenty of us a break.

If your so bored with all these opinionaters then why read them, try crosswords instead.

Archived