Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

At the end of the day who ever killed these 2 people will never get done for it.... And who ever does get done for it is a scape goat. The whole world knows that. Sadly the baby Thai mentality will never be able to grasp it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Win later admitted that he saw the two tourists having sex so he made the attack with a plan to rape the woman."

The original DNA test on the deceased girl was said to not reveal any of the deceased guy's DNA and one journalist report went further to say that the two had not had sex. Tests on the DNA inside the condom had revealed the semen of two Asian men. I wonder how RTP are going to square away these earlier pronouncements with the details of the "confession" of Win.

Stinky stinky. I think a revised confession may well be in course of construction. Win needs to nail his mate as well!

OMG ! are you telling us that they actually shared a condom

I'm friends with some people still on Koh Tao, long term expats and I have just seen that that also believe the same as most in this thread - this is a really appalling attempt to frame some Burmese so the police can try and close the case. I think this is a truly shocking turn of events and independent police / experts need to see the evidence etc sad.png

On Richard Barrows twitter account someone suggests that the suspect is just being questioned, until DNA results return there is no way to 100% say the Bernese guy did it.

Let's wait for tomorrow's press conference to make sure.

By the way, a little lite hum our was all I wanted in previous posts due to such a tense case. I'm not drunk.

After 7 years I haven't heard of a Richard barrow. Am I missing something ? Is he like an Andrew Drummond ?

Barrow is a travel blogger in Thailand. His most interesting site is thailandfromabove

So let me get this straight. A Burmese bartender has finished his shift on an idealic island beach, wanders off with his guitar and hoe to play some music under the stars, sees a couple engaging in coitus, decides to interuptus, smash the bloke In the back of the head with his hoe so that he can have a turn, then calmly smashes the woman's skull in and gives her a good raping. Then toddles off home. Makes perfect sense to me. Hang him high.

You forgot to mention : this is the guy always walking around with his guitar in one hand and with his hoe in the other hand.

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

They didn't find suspects. They found scapegoats. And the real killers will stay free. And stay protected.

So, tell me, gangthai, was railway worker who raped 13 year old girl and threw her body from moving train from Burma as well?

So let me get this straight. A Burmese bartender has finished his shift on an idealic island beach, wanders off with his guitar and hoe to play some music under the stars, sees a couple engaging in coitus, decides to interuptus, smash the bloke In the back of the head with his hoe so that he can have a turn, then calmly smashes the woman's skull in and gives her a good raping. Then toddles off home. Makes perfect sense to me. Hang him high.

You forgot to mention : this is the guy always walking around with his guitar in one hand and with his hoe in the other hand.
No no, that's Pattaya.

When is someone going to arrest Lord Lucan, why oh why did it take twenty odd years for BTK to be brought to justice! A lot to learn ......that made my day. And to the guy who cannot understand my previous post. In a nutshell, more than a handful of nuts on here think that a few years in Thailand makes them experts. They slag off the police without any facts. They jump on any bandwagon because they want to appear knowledgable. One person implies i am a new arrival in Thailand because i only joined this site recently. Not quite true...i actually spent over thirty years meeting people from all walks of life, of all social strata here and actually trying to get a balanced view before ever looking at TV. And yes that did involve the odd policeman or two. Goodness, only a fool would suggest that this case has been handled well, but i reiterate, the amateur sleuths are no better. And to the person who suggested i should do crosswords rather than read posts here i will give you a clue. One across : Large over the top prejudiced person (5 letters). Answers on a postcard.

If they are the perps, I'm glad they've been caught. But I hope the Myanmar embassy demands confirmation of the DNA match from an independent lab. And if any good can come out of this, I hope the police can set up some policies on not spreading rumors about ongoing investigations.

And you think one steel helmet hjarms another one????? 1.000 generals. how many has Burma?

Many people on this island are outraged and disgusted! The guy accused of being the 'running man' on the CCTV footage is 25cm shorter than the 170-175cm guy the police stated they were seeking. DNA results will be altered to meet the story the police have put forth. Justice not done, here. Sad for the families...

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

"...where the natives are known to have a low IQ." Jesus, could you people stop saying this kind of rubbish? Factually unverified and blatantly racist. Why? Why even give an opinion if you have nothing to offer the conversation?

actually the Thais say it themselves, tests done in primary schools throughout Thailand have shown Thai pupils have a lower than average iQ. I read this some time ago in the BP, i was put down to poor nutrition.

What have IQ to do with a murder case, attack a whole nation, we all have different IQ and my own IQ is both up and down :)

Meanwhile the island 'family' son, wanted in connection for the crime, refused to give a DNA sample. So much for the rule of law; or legally "ab absurdo".

Actually maybe they are following the RULE OF LAW

In many countries you have to get a warrant to take DNA. To get a warrant you need present proof this person may be involved. Maybe they didn't have any proof.

It is hilarious to read about the police are going to frame someone then on the other hand have complaints that some people will not give their DNA. If you don't trust the police why would you give your DNA?

Scary:

Just after the murders had been discovered and it was on TV, my girlfriend said Burmese people did it.

Most scary:

Yesterday, I had a meeting with a Thai-guy and we talked about the case. He said, he believed that the two farangs were having sex on the beach and then 2 or 3 burmese men killed them.

Now seeing this article I feel like the people around me are either psychics or.... ??????? Need I say, that my girlfriend is very happy that she "guessed" it, already 5 min. after it was known?

Personally, I am convinced that the burmese guys, are just scapegoats and it is all a setup. I hope it backfires. But sure it will not.

I'm friends with some people still on Koh Tao, long term expats and I have just seen that that also believe the same as most in this thread - this is a really appalling attempt to frame some Burmese so the police can try and close the case. I think this is a truly shocking turn of events and independent police / experts need to see the evidence etc sad.png

On Richard Barrows twitter account someone suggests that the suspect is just being questioned, until DNA results return there is no way to 100% say the Bernese guy did it.

By the way, a little lite hum our was all I wanted in previous posts due to such a tense case. I'm not drunk.

After 7 years I haven't heard of a Richard barrow. Am I missing something ? Is he like an Andrew Drummond ?

No, he writes about travel and Thailand's latest news events. He is a great source of knowledge for the newbie in Thailand.

i read it was a Thai that confessed to murder not the burmeese

Amazing isn't it. Many people subconsciously dislike Thais and hoped that it would be a Thai who was the killer.

Now someone has confessed they don't want to believe it. Two of 'their own' were killed and they wanted desperately to say, "told you it was a Thai".

I always thought it would be a Burmese.

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

The guilty confession to the judge has to make sense and be consistent with other aspects of the investigation.

If all things are done correctly and he pleads guilty, then guilty he is I guess.

A personne is confined in a cell. The guard has been eating all the food, his and the prisoner's, since day one.

Today is a big day: a fatcat is inspecting the "premises"

The guard to the inmate: "If you say that you are well fed and what is served is delicious, I will let you have all the food you want"

During the "tour" the latter was asked about the meals.

Obviously the answer was "..........."

What do you make of it now?

i read it was a Thai that confessed to murder not the burmeese

Amazing isn't it. Many people subconsciously dislike Thais and hoped that it would be a Thai who was the killer.

Now someone has confessed they don't want to believe it. Two of 'their own' were killed and they wanted desperately to say, "told you it was a Thai".

I always thought it would be a Burmese.

_77934261_hi023951332.jpg

"Mr Miller's family said they had been particularly touched by vigils held by people on Koh Tao"

In the midst of all the Thai bashing this is a good image to keep in mind.

Is that the mafia boss to the right?

In case this is the village chief: yes. mafia, but not the boss. The bosse4s usually have no time to show theit faces.

No, he writes about travel and Thailand's latest news events. He is a great source of knowledge for the newbie in Thailand.

Thanks. Will endeavour to check it out then !

At the end of the day who ever killed these 2 people will never get done for it.... And who ever does get done for it is a scape goat. The whole world knows that. Sadly the baby Thai mentality will never be able to grasp it.

You know this how? The last high profile murder was solved and it was two Thai guys. This one will probably be solved also. But somehow magically you know they will never catch the real killers.

You should sell your "I can see the future" abilities for a lot of money.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

Why not? Britons have their way of reproduction?

There are a lot of CCTV pictures of these two people, they are sitting at the same table in one bar, but never sitting together.

All the street shots, they are in different groups, not together.

People intending to have sex, usually are together for a while first.

I would have expected to see CCTV of them walking together, holding hands, standing close, but nothing like that happens.

They were not together as a couple at any time in the evening.

Thats what I thought, is there clear evidence they walked back together? correct if wrong

But they stayed in the same villa resort, overlooking the murder. Would it be at all possible that he heard the girls screams or attack and ran to help, either from the resort or on the way back?

Why do so many believe they were not intimate, its the only thing that really makes sense.

Semen was found and a cigarette was found. If both proved to be his we can conclude he is the guy.

Here you are Win, just "bash the bishop" into this bottle, we need a genuine semen sample for DNA. facepalm.gif

You think that DNA from semen is different from DNA in saliva. Pfffff

It is absurd to even begin to imagine that these poor Burmese guys are anything other than scapegoats..

For 3 Burmese to attack a Farang in Thailand would be quite out of character....attack each other yes, but attack Farang and or Thai's?? Completely out of character.

And still no islanders willing to comment?

I t sure would be refreshing to see a poster make a post and admit to being on Tao.

He wouldnt have to leave his name and adress, just a quick hi i actually live here and the general feeling is......

See above...

Thainess...the gull of the police to force a confession from an innocent. The world knows the truth and seen how thai justice works. No justice for the fallen...RIP.

Why don't you and all he other trolls on here tell us the truth if you are so brilliantly smart?

For one if the idea was to stitch someone up to allow some others to go free the police would have done it weeks ago.

e.g. Do you think for one minute the police give a rats a$$ about protecting some country bumkin's son if he were guilty of the crimes?

Common sense should tell you and your troll friends NO WAY would they get away with stitching anyone up with every newsreporter/investigator in the world looking on.

Plus no top policeman in his right mind would put his nae to a cover up in a case like this.

Considering the skill and honesty of Thai police as well as the investigation procedures they performed in (also) this case these culprits have to be considered innocent scapegoats until real police with real investigation methods and well known for not being corrupt has proven them guilty.

World police make sure that Thai police does not act like criminals

The British Ambassador has offered technical assistance to the RTP.

The only satisfactory way to prove beyond all doubt, is for the RTP to give the DNA from these 3 guys to the British Police. Then let them compare to the DNA on her body. (that is if there is any left after the Thai authorities did what they did)

Maybe the British police have the origional DNA from her body, or maybe they can still get it...(Exhume and test)

Until something like this happens, there will always be some doubt.

The Brit police are not stupid. I would be extremely surprised if they did not get any remaining sperm from the body for their own DNA bank.

Archived