Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the amateur, holier than thou "experts" on this site with their supposedly well informed but actually absurd and frequently racist opinions leaves me and i am sure one or two others shaking my head. What country doesnt have tricky crimes to solve, baffling murders, police struggling hard under pressure especially when the first 48 hours has elapsed. The UK does, the US does...everywhere. Why not stop your banal amateur sleuthing and let the police get on. It'll give plenty of us a break.

All the new member apologists with new thai gf and their heads buried firmly in the sand of cluelessness re the police here your embarrassing yourself

Why not stop showing your ignorance and go back to the bar where your a hansum man... itll give the rest of us that can think critically and for ourselves a break

All the amateur, holier than thou "experts" on this site with their supposedly well informed but actually absurd and frequently racist opinions leaves me and i am sure one or two others shaking my head. What country doesnt have tricky crimes to solve, baffling murders, police struggling hard under pressure especially when the first 48 hours has elapsed. The UK does, the US does...everywhere. Why not stop your banal amateur sleuthing and let the police get on. It'll give plenty of us a break.

I agree mostly with your post but the police didn't need to show off their skills so many times by announcing it in public what they expected the results to be but give you a break - you don't have to read these posts.

I live in Thailand and want my wife to be safe when I'm away working so I want this crime to be solved and act as a deterrent to other people who might be considering crimes like this anywhere in Thailand.

Just been to CSI LA facebook page and my wife translated that even the Thais are saying that this is a fit up and that the investigating police force are close friends with the village chief and they have business interests together, also many people commenting that the residents all know who it is but can not come forward because they sre all scared to do so.

You've got a lot to learn

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

similar thoughts but TBH - the constant release of confusing information these last two weeks or so make it very difficult to follow the events and investigation, police should have an expert press department and only they are allowed to approve or release information to the media in such hi profile cases, it would not surprise me if there was no DNA match to the crime scene or if there was could it be trusted

So let me get this straight. A Burmese bartender has finished his shift on an idealic island beach, wanders off with his guitar and hoe to play some music under the stars, sees a couple engaging in coitus, decides to interuptus, smash the bloke In the back of the head with his hoe so that he can have a turn, then calmly smashes the woman's skull in and gives her a good raping. Then toddles off home. Makes perfect sense to me. Hang him high.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Why don't you believe it?

People have sex on the beach. There is a reason there is a drink named "sex on the beach"

B o y c o t t --- K o. T a o

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller deserve real justice. We shall never forget this unjust, corrupt case and we all know who did this. Until Mon and Worat are behind bars we shall forever boycott your gangster run island.

One thing bothers me with the Mon / Worat thing .. everyone wonders why they didn't give DNA .. But my question is this.. IF the police are so corrupt as everyone here seems to think (including myself) . why did they not simply fake his dna test? It would have made it look way better.. right? it doesn't make sense from any perspective...

Because Mon and Worat know that they are above the law and by doing so it would be an extreme "loss of face". This is Thai cockiness in it's purest form.

So let me get this straight. A Burmese bartender has finished his shift on an idealic island beach, wanders off with his guitar and hoe to play some music under the stars, sees a couple engaging in coitus, decides to interuptus, smash the bloke In the back of the head with his hoe so that he can have a turn, then calmly smashes the woman's skull in and gives her a good raping. Then toddles off home. Makes perfect sense to me. Hang him high.

Now you've put if like that....

It's all now rather focused for me. I was scratching my head over this but no longer !

People have sex on the beach. There is a reason their is a drink named "sex on the beach"

Hannah's friend Emma, said David and Hannah left together. Hannah's friend Lucy said that David was 'smitten' with Hannah and David had told his friend Chris he was going out to get cigarettes when another friend revealed he was actually going out to meet up with Hannah and Emma.

So i think it is pretty obvious they were having sex, hence why David was naked apart from his left shoe.

I'm friends with some people still on Koh Tao, long term expats and I have just seen that that also believe the same as most in this thread - this is a really appalling attempt to frame some Burmese so the police can try and close the case. I think this is a truly shocking turn of events and independent police / experts need to see the evidence etc sad.png

Its a fit up and a bunch of bull.......and so is this ...... "I know a thai person could not do these crimes."

In the thirty years I've been here I've met many that could - also many Europeans, Antipodeans, Americans,Africans, Arabians all capable of perpetrating these crimes however I don't recall actually ever meeting anyone aggressive from Burma and I work with a lot of Burmese people.

Clearly no Burmese person could have done this. I mean just look at the country, it is a land of milk and honey and no violence whatsoever.

"OK, Myanmar worker, here's the deal - we want this international spotlight to go away so we can go back to being lazy cops extorting money from folk - if you say you did it, we'll arrest you, it will all be for show, and then we'll pay you 100,000 baht and send you back to Myanmar where you'll be free - everybody wins, see? If you don't agree, we'll just blame it on you anyway and you'll be executed - which deal do you want?"

I think that the money will never be paid and and these men will have an early accident in the jail and that will be that

People have sex on the beach. There is a reason their is a drink named "sex on the beach"

Hannah's friend Emma, said David and Hannah left together. Hannah's friend Lucy said that David was 'smitten' with Hannah and David had told his friend Chris he was going out to get cigarettes when another friend revealed he was actually going out to meet up with Hannah and Emma.

So i think it is pretty obvious they were having sex, hence why David was naked apart from his left shoe.

Only CCTV doesn't support that and another friend also said there was an altercation. Another friend said there wasn't. One friend said they left together. Another friend said David was home and went out to get some fags.

What I do know is that they are dead that it happened on a very small island under the noses of residents holiday makers and police. That there are numerous cameras that have captured most of the night on film residents that are afraid to talk and people skipping off the island or going into hiding. Most people are made to give DNA and others have a choice. And yet it's a couple of Burmese workers. Kay then.

I'm friends with some people still on Koh Tao, long term expats and I have just seen that that also believe the same as most in this thread - this is a really appalling attempt to frame some Burmese so the police can try and close the case. I think this is a truly shocking turn of events and independent police / experts need to see the evidence etc sad.png

How can you say they are framing these guys when you say you want to see the evidence? You don't know what evidence they have.

We all want to see the evidence. Why don't you wait to see what they present before saying they are framing anyone.

On Richard Barrows twitter account someone suggests that the suspect is just being questioned, until DNA results return there is no way to 100% say the Bernese guy did it.

Let's wait for tomorrow's press conference to make sure.

By the way, a little lite hum our was all I wanted in previous posts due to such a tense case. I'm not drunk.

On Richard Barrows twitter account someone suggests that the suspect is just being questioned, until DNA results return there is no way to 100% say the Bernese guy did it.

Let's wait for tomorrow's press conference to make sure.

By the way, a little lite hum our was all I wanted in previous posts due to such a tense case. I'm not drunk.

After 7 years I haven't heard of a Richard barrow. Am I missing something ? Is he like an Andrew Drummond ?

Archived