Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

I guess I'll be the first (and, sadly, maybe the only one) to say it:

Thank you to the Thai Police for all your hard work trying to bring the persons who committed this terrible crime to justice.

Pike lives...................laugh.png

I have not seen Pikey in years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that they have the right guys,especially when i read that the one who had dyed his hair blond dyed it black again soon after. Of course those who have been opening their mouths widely and wouldn't believe the DNA tests could put their money where their mouths are and start up a fund to pay for a good lawyer for the two men, no? didn't think so, raving about conspiracy is cheaper.

Who said he dyed his hair ? oh the police so I t must be true. Can we see some photos of him with blond hair?.

go and ask them for one, as you are a concerned member of the public who is objectively looking for the truth i'm sure they will oblige or tell you to wait for the court case where you can hear the evidence, i doubt that the conspiracy theories spouted out here will be included in that evidence.

If this does not scream "Frame!" and "Patsy", I don't know. Dunno how many bones they have broken in that guy to make him sign this crap, but this is B S !

If anyone here has seen the uncensored crime scene photos (I unfortunately did), he/she knows that this was a hate crime.

If a rape is the plan, a culprit would knock the guy out and the girl, but not destroy their skulls completely and beyond recognition (as with poor Hannah).

If rape is the intitial motive, a rapist would not bash the victim's head into a mush (nothing there reminded of a person anymore, letting alone a girl), unless he is into necrophelia.

Something went completely wrong there from day one onwards and it makes me wanna scream!!!

Bashing David's and Hannahs heads into a bloody pulp was an act of hatred; of revenge. Someone lost his face (Thais tend to do that, not Burmese) and felt the need to show the white people who is in charge on that island.

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families that words can hardly describe it. What a shame this whole case has become, what an insult to the words justice and to the human race itself...

Do you even know what a hate crime is? Here's a definition -

hate crime

noun

noun: hate crime; plural noun: hate crimes

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence

I have seen the photos uncencored. It does look very brutal, but there is no evidence at all that this is a hate crime. Homicide or sexual crime can be as brutal as this, just because she is brutally murdered doesn't make it a hate crime.

I don't understand why you guys are so upset that it is the Burmese and not 'the Thais' that are being convicted here. I have had business in Koh Tao and I must say there are probably more Burmese workers than Thais there- the murderes and be anyone. I don't see why nationality has anything to do with it.

For those who will be arguing that the authority picked the Burmese becase they want to save Thailand's face and blame on foreigners. May I ask you why they even mentioned an involvment from a Thai person in this case? There was a case of rape this week in Phuket, and the authority publicly announced the rapist was Thai, the same went for the Train rapist.

Earlier this year a 19 year-old Thai murdered 3 kids in a foreigner's house his GF was supposely baby sat for- the Thai authority suspected a Thai criminal since the begining, and arrested him.

I completely don't understand why you WANT the criminals to be Thais - let's assume they arrest 3 Thai men for this case- Will that still make you coming out and scream 'scape goat'?

There are no evidence for your claim that these guys are scape goat- if you are in court your claim will make a very very weak case. Yes, Thai authority have bad images, but they have also made coreect arrests regarding to rape cases as well.

oh also, if any of you is an Australian commenting on how bad the Thais are or bad the country is- may I say '<deleted> OFF WE'RE FULL'....

Why did they need a confession or interrogation at all, if the DNA was going to prove it?

LOL people here don't believe these are the culprits because they were expecting influential thais to be the murderers, Why would an influential thai kill and rape someone.

1. He has money

2. He can get tail whenever he wants

Why would a person give all this up?

TV is full of jealous westerners.

LOL people here don't believe these are the culprits because they were expecting influential thais to be the murderers, Why would an influential thai kill and rape someone.

1. He has money

Next time u see a Thai bloke chatting up a western girl, why don't u just sidle on up there and butt into the conversation and see how it goes.

Maybe even wink at the Thai guy as you leave with her. I am sure he will be glad you are getting some at his expense.

Edited by Thai at Heart

If this does not scream "Frame!" and "Patsy", I don't know. Dunno how many bones they have broken in that guy to make him sign this crap, but this is B S !

If anyone here has seen the uncensored crime scene photos (I unfortunately did), he/she knows that this was a hate crime.

If a rape is the plan, a culprit would knock the guy out and the girl, but not destroy their skulls completely and beyond recognition (as with poor Hannah).

If rape is the intitial motive, a rapist would not bash the victim's head into a mush (nothing there reminded of a person anymore, letting alone a girl), unless he is into necrophelia.

Something went completely wrong there from day one onwards and it makes me wanna scream!!!

Bashing David's and Hannahs heads into a bloody pulp was an act of hatred; of revenge. Someone lost his face (Thais tend to do that, not Burmese) and felt the need to show the white people who is in charge on that island.

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families that words can hardly describe it. What a shame this whole case has become, what an insult to the words justice and to the human race itself...

hate crime

noun

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence

I have seen the photos uncencored. It does look very brutal, but there is no evidence at all that this is a hate crime. Homicide or sexual crime can be as brutal as this, just because she is brutally murdered doesn't make it a hate crime.

I don't understand why you guys are so upset that it is the Burmese and not 'the Thais' that are being convicted here. I have had business in Koh Tao and I must say there are probably more Burmese workers than Thais there- the murderes and be anyone. I don't see why nationality has anything to do with it.

For those who will be arguing that the authority picked the Burmese becase they want to save Thailand's face and blame on foreigners. May I ask you why they even mentioned an involvment from a Thai person in this case? There was a case of rape this week in Phuket, and the authority publicly announced the rapist was Thai, the same went for the Train rapist.

Earlier this year a 19 year-old Thai murdered 3 kids in a foreigner's house his GF was supposely baby sat for- the Thai authority suspected a Thai criminal since the begining, and arrested him.

I completely don't understand why you WANT the criminals to be Thais - let's assume they arrest 3 Thai men for this case- Will that still make you coming out and scream 'scape goat'?

There are no evidence for your claim that these guys are scape goat- if you are in court your claim will make a very very weak case. Yes, Thai authority have bad images, but they have also made coreect arrests regarding to rape cases as well.

oh also, if any of you is an Australian commenting on how bad the Thais are or bad the country is- may I say ' OFF WE'RE FULL'....

Why did they need a confession or interrogation at all, if the DNA was going to prove it?

DNA in and of itself doesn't prove a crime. It may provide proof of an aspect of the crime.

I guess I'll be the first (and, sadly, maybe the only one) to say it:

Thank you to the Thai Police for all your hard work trying to bring the persons who committed this terrible crime to justice.

Pike lives...................laugh.png

Transam:

I don't know who Pike is, and I suspect I don't care to know either.

All I know is that according to Wikipedia Thailand had 3307 homicides in 2011 which works out to approx 9/day.

The British tourists were murdered on 9/18/14, 15 days ago.

Therefore, during this 15 day period of time (if the homicide rate for 2014 is assumed as the same as 2011) approximately 135 people died by homicide in Thailand.

Anyone following this case could see that the Thai Police Department devoted a huge amount of resources trying to solve this case. Imagine if you were a loved one of one of these other people who died during this period. Obviously, no where near as many resources were devoted to these other cases as was in the Koh Tao murder cases. Don't you think a word of appreciation is in order here?

Another thing: NO ONE on this forum could possibly have any basis whatsoever to serious challenge the legitimacy of the announcement that two suspects had confessed and their DNA matched the crime scene swabs. The fact that people are still second guessing the police, without so much as taking a moment to express appreciation for the efforts that were made to apprehend these suspects, in my opinion shows an appalling lack of gratitude on the part of the ex-pat community on this forum.

1. He has money

Next time u see a Thai bloke chatting up a western girl, why don't u just sidle on up there and butt into the conversation and see how it goes.

Maybe even wink at the Thai guy as you leave with her. I am sure he will be glad you are getting some at his expense.

I expect the farang girl would turn round angrily to you and say," buzz off you interfering busybody."

hate crime

noun

oh also, if any of you is an Australian commenting on how bad the Thais are or bad the country is- may I say ' OFF WE'RE FULL'....

DNA in and of itself doesn't prove a crime. It may provide proof of an aspect of the crime.

If it matches the sperm inside the victim, (sorry to be blunt), I would suggest that would be quite a slam dunk case.

I think that they have the right guys,especially when i read that the one who had dyed his hair blond dyed it black again soon after. Of course those who have been opening their mouths widely and wouldn't believe the DNA tests could put their money where their mouths are and start up a fund to pay for a good lawyer for the two men, no? didn't think so, raving about conspiracy is cheaper.

Who said he dyed his hair ? oh the police so I t must be true. Can we see some photos of him with blond hair?.

go and ask them for one, as you are a concerned member of the public who is objectively looking for the truth i'm sure they will oblige or tell you to wait for the court case where you can hear the evidence, i doubt that the conspiracy theories spouted out here will be included in that evidence.

To tell the truth I'd rather see a picture now than at the trial. All the pictures so far are showing Asian guys with black hair. Cant see a blondy in there anywhere.

Or maybe it could have been one of the football players the cops tried to frame, or the hi-so who left on the morning of the murder but was in Bangkok all the while.

We don't need conspiracy theories when we have the Keystone cops running the show.

2 guys rape Hannah and leave Sperm inside her cavities and there's DNA and the yet the Condom with Hannah DNA on the outside contained NO DNA at all?

Small details just simply don't add up, she didn't even try to scream as she was being raped?

The injuries inflicted on both don't seem like an aroused person would stoop to do either, and just how many farangs get jiggy with it on the beach on Koh Tao and didn't get their skulls bashed in or raped?

Motive is weak these Myanmar lads can get local pussy quite easily especially the fire jugglers.

Oh well what will we talk about next week now that this crime has been solved ???

The content of the inside of the condom hasn't been said to be empty. No telling at the moment if it contains DNA from anyone much less the suspects. Those results may be kept quiet for the reputation of the deceased.

A3 on the motor bike looks like the running man.

Hair parted on left, same length and hair flick near ears on the left side. Too many similarities to dismiss.

The guy charged with murder (then uncharged) has a bigger build.

I noticed the charged has denim shorts on, maybe they share clothes.

There were denim shorts left at the crime scene, we know they didn't belong to either david or hannah.

The denim shorts belong to someone.....odd. They are now appearing as evidence.

The shorts at the crime scene were Davids. They were inside out, Davids shorts were cream but the inside were black

Check CSI LA

I saw the pictures and translated the discussions. Some conjecture that they were David's inside out shorts but that wasn't the majority thought was it?

Personally I thought the dark material on his shorts was just the internal pocket material - quite common for that to be a different colour. but those on the beach were showing a lot more dark blue than just pockets. Also the big belt buckle on the blue shorts didn't seem to match with his belt on the light coloured shorts?

Along with the pictures of the dark blue shorts on the beach were a picture of david's light coloured shorts laid out on some ground - where did this picture/shorts come from if the suspect ran off wearing david's shorts as alleged?

The content of the inside of the condom hasn't been said to be empty. No telling at the moment if it contains DNA from anyone much less the suspects. Those results may be kept quiet for the reputation of the deceased.

Both their reputations have been sullied in great depth here in TVF.

Let's not forget that they originally tried to pin this on David's mate Chris.

If these lads are 110% guilty then I hope they swing from a short rope on a long drop, I have my reservations about their guilt to be honest as area many others here.

It's just too convenient, last week they were 85% sure of arrests and had enough evidence there and then, this isn't Thai bashing it's inept police bashing!!

If you research DNA testing it takes 7 days minimum to process IF you have a very good sample, top of the line lab, experienced personnel, and the lab is not backlogged. Doesn't sound like Thailand to me. Having been a police officer I think this whole business stinks. TIT.

I thought they have always claimed it had no DNA present. As for protecting anyone. Theyblabberd that instantly.

If you research DNA testing it takes 7 days minimum to process IF you have a very good sample, top of the line lab, experienced personnel, and the lab is not backlogged. Doesn't sound like Thailand to me. Having been a police officer I think this whole business stinks. TIT.

No it doesn't take that long.

A3 on the motor bike looks like the running man.

Hair parted on left, same length and hair flick near ears on the left side. Too many similarities to dismiss.

The guy charged with murder (then uncharged) has a bigger build.

I noticed the charged has denim shorts on, maybe they share clothes.

There were denim shorts left at the crime scene, we know they didn't belong to either david or hannah.

The denim shorts belong to someone.....odd. They are now appearing as evidence.

The shorts at the crime scene were Davids. They were inside out, Davids shorts were cream but the inside were black

Check CSI LA

I saw the pictures and translated the discussions. Some conjecture that they were David's inside out shorts but that wasn't the majority thought was it?

Personally I thought the dark material on his shorts was just the internal pocket material - quite common for that to be a different colour. but those on the beach were showing a lot more dark blue than just pockets. Also the big belt buckle on the blue shorts didn't seem to match with his belt on the light coloured shorts?

Along with the pictures of the dark blue shorts on the beach were a picture of david's light coloured shorts laid out on some ground - where did this picture/shorts come from if the suspect ran off wearing david's shorts as alleged?

I posted these pictures this morning but I'll do it again. There are so many pages it's easy to miss stuff!

post-92450-0-13056200-1412327123_thumb.p

post-92450-0-30439600-1412327134_thumb.p

It seems pretty clear that the shorts at the crime scene are David's. I originally thought there was a dark pair of shorts left at the crime scene but I think it's more to do with lighting and darker material on the inside of the pockets.

I've highlighted a stain on David's shorts that I reckon matches in both pictures.

There's also three or four dark stains on the other side (right leg) that all line up - they appear to match in both photos but aren't all that clear in the pic where he's sitting with Chris.

Edited by Tazwa

UPDATE:

Migrant 'confesses to Koh Tao murders'

Kwanhatai Malakarn,

Suwannee Bandisak

THE NATION

30244676-01_big.jpg

Myanmar migrant worker Win, 21, has confessed to the murder of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, police say.

Myanmar waiters at island restaurant, plus pub worker held for killing Britons

KOH TAO: -- A migrant worker has confessed to the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province, deputy national police chief General Jakthip Chaijinda said yesterday.

He is among three Myanmar men detained for allegedly being involved in the killings on September 15. The three men were identified as Win and Saw, both 21, who worked as waiters at a restaurant on the island, and Maw, 23, who works at a pub there.

Jakthip said Win admitted to killing both victims after becoming aroused upon seeing them making love on the beach. Police said Maw and Saw were apprehended on the island, and Win was arrested at a location in Surat Thani. No dates for the arrests were provided.

A police source said the unnamed pub where Maw worked was owned by the relatives of a local politician.

The source said national police chief General Somyot Poompan-moung had been informed of the arrests and had arrived in Surat Thani by helicopter at about 6.30pm yesterday evening. He apparently questioned the three suspects himself last night at the Police Region 8 Command in the southern province's Punpin district.

He is scheduled to issue a statement today at a police press conference.

As of last night, it was unknown if the men had been charged.

However, the source did not say if Win had sexually assaulted either of the victims before killing them.

The source said DNA tests were underway, but did not specify if samples had been collected from the three men.

Meanwhile, Maw said he was playing guitar on Chor Por Ror beach near a pile of wood where a cigarette butt was found, the source said. The butt was found some 65 metres from where the bodies were discovered.

Maw told police that he was smoking a LM cigarette, but later went home to his wife and did not see anything untoward, the source said.

Meanwhile, Britain has offered to assist police in the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Somyot mentioned the offer after he met Britain's Ambassador Mark Kent, who reportedly told Somyot that the British government was ready to provide support, especially in regards to technology such as DNA testing, including identifying ethnicity.

Along with a drop in tourist confidence in Thailand following the killings, the issue has caused a public image problem for the police given what was seen as their aimless efforts in trying to solve the case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Migrant-confesses-to-Koh-Tao-murders-30244676.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-10-03

How did Hannah's DNA get onto this cigarette then? particularly if this suspect went home and did not see anything untoward?

To all of you, my friends, who are screaming for DNA tests and at the same time implying that the police are totally making this up, my question is : who would do the testing and the double-checking ? the answer, obviously, is : the police.

Now, how can you believe for one second that Thai authorities would bring outside experts into this, as it would obviously be an inconceivable admission of the crooked way things go around here and within the venerable institution known as RTP ? Nations don't do that, they don't shoot themselves in the foot. Not this nation, not any other nation. Even if someone with a true conscience (I'm sure there are quite a few) and whose authority is higher than that of the police is deeply appalled by the whole process, they will not bring in foreign experts whose conclusions might jeopardize the image of the country, both inside and outside. It's called 'national interest' or 'national security'.

So... we are strangely left to' hope' that these Burmese guys actually committed those horrible murders, because if they didn't, the world is that much scarier and dirtier all of a sudden.

This is not a good situation, with the DNA testing being done internally to Thailand. Everything is so crooked now that even DNA test results / samples cannot be trusted.

I fear the only real hope for clarification is if UK authorities have genuine original DNA samples and can somehow get samples of the accused to compare with, and also covertly get samples of the family members to also compare with.

It seems fairly clear the family was involved, hence trying to push Sean to hang (and if he hadn't run for it and got his messages off then chances are they would have 'helped' him do it). They had no interest in finding out what he knew, because they already knew what he knew. They would not protect some Burmese workers from justice, but they would protect their family. There is no way they didn't know from day 1 what happened on their patch, and if it was these workers they would have thrown them to the wolves straight away.

The smell of bullshit is floating around the globe!

post-92450-0-49970300-1412328245_thumb.p

post-92450-0-79721200-1412328263_thumb.p

post-92450-0-82853700-1412328274_thumb.p

The inner lining of his pockets certainly seem to be dark coloured.

Notice the matching bend near the end of his belt too.

The shorts that appeared dark at the crime scene are probably twisted inside out to reveal the pocket lining.

I now really don't think there's any conspiracy involving David's shorts.

The son of the village headman says he's been cleared, but his life is ruined.

Sorry I'm not allowed to quote the source.

Sorry I must have missed the bit where he was cleared! Did he provide his DNA then? or just some bullsh!t printouts, that (a) may have been doctored and (b ) prove sod all as he could have just about got from the island to Bangkok in that time anyway. All he had to do was give his DNA previously.