I Swear...This is the absolute TRUTH !

weegee

Non believers believe. I had to not only take pictures in the bedroom but also at the front door showing the number, which, as it happens did not have a number so i stuck a piece of paper on it with 36b hastily scribbled and snapped away. Presto, marriage visa. Take as many pictures as you can, i take the whole bloody album now, if you have kids, take a birth video, No kids, rent one. They do not believe a true marriage would ever take place between a tatoo covered sweaty pensioner and a cute little teenager, wonder why?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello you all.i live more 10 years nowe in thai and fore me its normal to give picture"s even its discussebul good ore not. en the decission is up to decission from the officer, seem even we ment a bedroom. every one conect it with some position. this is in my opinion fare from behind .i provide also picture from bedroom from my dauchter sit on the bed in her room and in front off the house with the correct house adres stated in the form. some off you think maybey you at home but if we want to live here we just need provide wat is reqeusted. why a lot think the want sex positions from us ?about the new officer she is verry sincere and helpfull at least to my family and yes i see she send family away to provide the correct document ore picture, think you can accept it ore not? but can we also try why she ask fore real? not ore own thinking. be happy and enjoy the life ass it is i nevver have problems even i also not happy the things go so different thats the way it is nice day you all.martin

its gonna be my first time, was legally married last year but kept doing border runs every 3 months on my previous non-o that i had obtained w/o being married.. do you have a thread link so i don't unnecessarily start a new one..appreciated

i gotta go in and get my non-o marriage visa extended pretty soon, what exactly are the current rules for extending a non-o marriage.. what do you need to bring, the marriage certificate, a bankbook, whatelse.. just so i don't forget anything..

If you've renewed before you should already know as nothing has changed. If you are unsure then visit the visa forum and they will give you all the requirements.

Ah; i don't have any thread link but just go on the visa section and run your question. A lot of good people who will help there.

Good luck with your application.

1st time applying for Marriage Visa, they wanted pics inside and outside of the house, but no mention of bedroom. Then sent an agent to verify and talk to neighbors. Nice guy, very polite. No problem. 2nd year they asked for bedroom pic. Ok, no big deal. But the tons of paperwork was, to me, totally redundant and unnecessary. Switched to Retirement, smooth sailing, in and out in less than an hour.

i gotta go in and get my non-o marriage visa extended pretty soon, what exactly are the current rules for extending a non-o marriage.. what do you need to bring, the marriage certificate, a bankbook, whatelse.. just so i don't forget anything..

You need to tell us what Immigration office you will be using when you file the extension. There is no 'universal' list of requirements anywhere as most Immigration offices have subtle variations. The basic paperwork is a given but offices may vary on photographs, maps, wedding certificates, financial provenance, etc..

The best bet is to visit the Immigration office yourself a week before the actual filing and get their list of requirements.

Sitting, with clothes on, on end of the bed. Nothing new about this, and if you understood anything about Thailand you would understand why such a photo held meaning.

Enforcement like with all rules is hit and miss, sometimes they will visit you and if you are not both there, will often wait for one partner to return home.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1

at my friend & his wifes interview with imm. he was asked the color of her bras,she was asked the size of his underwear. don said he thinks, not sure, white & one tan & one black. mei mei answered, soft or hard inches? :-)

I flat out refuse to believe this preposterous story. If immigration had suspicions about the legitimacy of the marriage they would have the local police interview the couple. This is a troll post.

It is not a troll post, like I said, Weegee is not the only one who was asked this. Is the other person a troll too?

What's wrong with that request? Lots of other things happen in a typical bedroom or is lovemaking only confined to that room in Thailand. How boring. Just a provide a shot of the two of you sitting on the edge of the bed.

I flat out refuse to believe this preposterous story. If immigration had suspicions about the legitimacy of the marriage they would have the local police interview the couple. This is a troll post.

Maybe you haven't renewed a visa recently? I've been renewing a retirement visa for 7 years consequetively. This year I took the xact same stuff I provide every year and was told it wasn't good enough. The reason? My cash was held on a fixed deposit account instead of a savings or current account that would show movements across it.

Personal invasion? Well I also had to draw a map of how to get to my house.

I don't know if the OP is a troll or not, but for sure Immigration are, as a matter of principle, being awkward these days. I think they want people to know it's not a slam dunk anymore, even if you have the right documents, so they will always ask for something extra over and above what is actually required.

Well f##k em. next year I'm going to Savanakhet and I'll use my 800k for something else. I'm not <deleted> on anyone's shoe and refuse to be treated like it.

I really like your last sentence, I am doing the same, also, I can assure you that Weegee is not a troll, he is also a chum of mine as is Transam.

Sorry Dude,I know WeeGee and the so called Lady at Immigration,,,,She's something special she asks/tell you what to get and what to do,,,no Bull.

• Like 1

I would make a complaint saying that such a request is totaly inappropriate. Put some salt on their tales.

There are guidlines in the way these people should act. Have a look at them as well.

OK you do that cobber and see if you can get a new extension next time you have to go,just play along and get what they want ,,,you are depending on their DISCRETION.

This is standard procedure for applicants for resident permits. Just provide a picture of the (empty) bedroom; like the picture they wanted of the house number, the kitchen and the garage. Latter picture showed an empty garage and upon their question, where my car was, I said that I had moved the car out. Back to sender: provide also a picture of the car with plates.

Look, all this does not make sense. They want it = they get it. The earlier one understands that, the easier the life is.

If they want a picture of you and the Missus in bed then a smile, combined with a reference to "none of your business" and, if still insisting, asking for the boss or written instruction in one of those manuals usually does the trick.

Do not query things here otherwise you'll go ballistic. Because this country is so retarded in certain aspects it makes it so liveable ;-)

hahahaha, same here mate, we had clothes naturally on and our daughter took the pics of us sitting on the bed then she took one of us on the bedroom balcony from outside. Luckily one of the people that work in a govt office next door to immigration is a neighbour and he has backed up that we do live together and have for years. Was this the Surat Thani branch, the lady in there can be a bit hard at times but is generally pretty good.

OP:

If a person is dissatisfied with the service they are receiving from an immigration office there are several ways to voice your concerns.

1. Every immigration office has a suggestion box. Comments/complaints can be made here or anonymously by mail or e-mail to the local office.

2. Every immigration office has an organizational chart posted in the waiting area. You can ask to speak to the manager of the office to discuss your concerns.

3. If a person was not comfortable complaining in person, a complaint could always be sent by mail or e-mail anonymously to the central Bangkok Immigration office.

My local office provides excellent service. I receive express service, and never encounter the type of arbitrary demands apparently encountered by others in other offices. So I know that good service is possible. The first step towards improving service is to let the person providing the service know that you see room for improvement. Start locally, but don't be afraid to move up the chart if that's what it takes.

I agree that asking a married couple to provide a picture of them sitting on their bed is demeaning and really doesn't prove that a couple is married. All I'm saying is posting on TVF might help vent frustration and provide a chuckle or two, but I don't think that's going to do much to make things better.

Sorry for calling you a troll earlier.

another thai posting troll in action, why are we getting so many new troll posters these days or is it all the one poster with several different accounts, hmmmmm,

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've got a video....would that make do?

goes for an hour but.

An hour eh?

Includes the pre-drinks, shower, shave, change of clothes and a cup of tea after.

That would do it.............................tongue.png

• Like 2

OP:

If a person is dissatisfied with the service they are receiving from an immigration office there are several ways to voice your concerns.

1. Every immigration office has a suggestion box. Comments/complaints can be made here or anonymously by mail or e-mail to the local office.

2. Every immigration office has an organizational chart posted in the waiting area. You can ask to speak to the manager of the office to discuss your concerns.

3. If a person was not comfortable complaining in person, a complaint could always be sent by mail or e-mail anonymously to the central Bangkok Immigration office.

My local office provides excellent service. I receive express service, and never encounter the type of arbitrary demands apparently encountered by others in other offices. So I know that good service is possible. The first step towards improving service is to let the person providing the service know that you see room for improvement. Start locally, but don't be afraid to move up the chart if that's what it takes.

I agree that asking a married couple to provide a picture of them sitting on their bed is demeaning and really doesn't prove that a couple is married. All I'm saying is posting on TVF might help vent frustration and provide a chuckle or two, but I don't think that's going to do much to make things better.

Sorry for calling you a troll earlier.

No problems....But you should not comment on this forum until you have gained a sense of humour.....

OR....stop changing your user name and post just under one avatar..thumbsup.gif then we can recognise you more quickly...

Strangely, as whako as this request sounds, its absolutely true.

Jomtien Immigration had my family going back to them several times with the photo set until they were absolutely satisfied everything was in order.

Confusion rained over the bedroom photos, since other shots in the set(more than a dozen carefuly posed scenes) needed to have my 4 Thai staff in them, and certain official documents visible in the background. plus some had to be changed from sitting to standing, etc etc etc.

So back to the bedroom shots... whistling.gif

Wearing my best Poker face, I requested instructions for the bedroom photo set 'Oh Lordy' I thought facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

• Do I need the four Thai staff visible in the photo? <replied "no">
  • Does the PP30 and company registration documents need to be visible in the background? <replied "not needed in this photo">
  • Do you want my wife and I sitting? standing? lying on the bed, giggle.gif or any other position? wub.png < After a pregnant silence she replied "sitting together on bed, with all of the bed visible">
  • Do we both need to be wearing company uniform <Another pause "yes". and "have children sitting on the bed next to you">
  • Do you need any other photos of us in the bedroom <replied "No. That is enough"> (Damn! )

So there you have it - a simple guide to the immigration bedroom photo conundrum.

Thank god no requests were made for 'hide the salami' photos or such like, for with my staff and children present. I'm not sure I would have been able to rise to the occasion...

Edited by SteveB2
  • Like 2

Hi fellas....all done to requirements.

Now have to take wife to hospital, as she has developed a bad back today, from all those photos yesterdaywink.png ....

Which pose caused it mate? The one on the washing machine?

I've got a video....would that make do?

goes for an hour but.

An hour eh?

Includes the pre-drinks, shower, shave, change of clothes and a cup of tea after.

That would do it.............................tongue.png

Make sure that you pixelate any post-coitus ciggy or brew in the movie or you will have to do it all over again (and again).