Wanted Russian attempts to Bribe Pattaya Immigration Police

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Must have broken their little hearts not being able to take the 700k. Had to send him back to Putin instead.

>>The alleged bribe was not accepted and it was decided to charge him with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer and Visa Overstay.

He must have really pissed off the RTP for them to charge him with attempted bribery. This is almost unheard of in this country.

I am concerned that the forum system is a little one sided. The bad guys can do what the hell they like and merchants can provided crap service but we are not allowed to make any comment which might 'harm' them??

Somebody needs to start a blog which collates complaints about such people and services.

he was only about 2 weeks overstayed!!!

hardly a big deal!!

the amount of times I did that before and just pay the fine when I leave the country.

then again,.. I know there is a difference when you pay at border control customs,, rather than being caught red handed in the street.

silly rule really,, coz both cases are overstay,,, (at the airport is 100% fine and you just pay the fine.... but in the street its criminal!!!!) really dumb rule!!!

about his bribe... i'm shocked it didnt work... I am guessing he left the BRIBE far too late down the track.

usually you can bribe just about anyone here.... every time I get stopped for doing a u-turn or something while driving, the officer almost always wants a CHEAPER VERSION of the fine direct to his pocket...

i think you need to pay off the police IMMEDIATELY...

if you leave it too long, then more and more officers get involved,, and then it becomes too difficult.

though,, if this request came from the Russian embassy, then maybe it was too difficult to "get out of". I am assuming The Russian Embassy knew his whearabouts and just needed the police to arrest him.

Also: i'm surprised that the Embassy bothered to get thai police involved in an arrest for someone that did THEFT in Russia. I thought this sort of international police co-operation was for MASSIVE CRIMES.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if a Thai Policeman would ever accept a bribe regardless how small it was do people not realise Thai Police have standards.

I assume you are being sarcastic..

(either that, or you are new to this country)

Edited by easybullet3

>>The alleged bribe was not accepted and it was decided to charge him with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer and Visa Overstay.

He must have really pissed off the RTP for them to charge him with attempted bribery. This is almost unheard of in this country.

yup, being charged with attempted bribery is tantamount to blasphemy and/or apostasy.

The offer of a bribe was made but nowhere does it mention that such an amount of cash was actually there at hand and thus speculating on what might or might not happen to such money is just that - speculation. Again. you are reminded of the above moderator comment on libel and defamation laws and forum rules covering that.

FOUR posts have already been removed due to that.

Not a comment on moderation, I hope, but please re-read your own post Peter :D

That aside, inflation is rampant in the kingdom

Accepted that the above main quote was not made as a mod so comments allowed - inflation is a bit off topic though ....smile.png

Not really. Politically incorrect, probably yes :)

I think I've tried my luck enough for today.

Freedom has been given to express opinions above but please be aware of crossing into the dangerous territory of libelous or defamatory remarks which can lead to criminal and civil charges brought against the forum and/or its members which is why this forum rule exists ...

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

If necessary any posts deemed to contravene that rule will be removed for everyone's protection. Thank you

petercool - moderator team

Good to recall.

So many posts are almost libelous to the Thai people and Thai institutions.

The same and the same all the time and all over Again.

Not very interesting, and not to please or informative to anyone.

Does not get better by being repeated endlessly.

Actually quite boring to Watch.

The pattayaone article says “After the charges in Thailand have been dealt with, the suspect will be handed to Russian Embassy Officials so he can be returned to Russia to face the charges of theft “ .

So from reading that it seems that neither of these charges will attract a custodial sentence otherwise the Russian embassy officials will be waiting a long time to receive him? blink.png I don't know how serious trying to bribe a police officer is in Thailand.

In the USA, the penalty for this is a fine of $10000 or imprisonment for two years.

I think our new Prime Minister might have a few worried when it comes to corruption of any kind now he just has to look into it a bit further !

Not, judging by my experience with one of the offices (and I guess officers) today. Will have to have a real hard think if I will say anything more specifically but it seems that offers of extra-curricular cash for services still exist in certain Thai govt departments. Hmmmm.

The real reason why this guy was so wanted back in Russia was not just because of a small time theft, this guy is a nasty piece of work & hopefully Thailand will blacklist him for life....

"Police revealed that he tried to bribe them with 700,000 baht, but to no avail, as he was taken into custody and will be transferred to Bangkok to be deported back to Russia to face charges of assault and robbery."

As if a Thai Policeman would ever accept a bribe regardless how small it was do people not realise Thai Police have standards.

I assume you are being sarcastic..

(either that, or you are new to this country)

but nevertheless interesting to note that the offence exists in the Thai law book

"decided to charge him with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer" !

you learn something every day on TV...

He was wanted on foreign soil and at the request of a foreign country, so that's why a bride couldn't be accepted.

A bride? Oh, so, now 700000 baht is not even enough for paying a sin sot (Thai dowry)? tongue.png

Here is a copy of the search notice:

Wanted

TSIRP ANDREY VASILEVICH

Date of Birth: 01.01.1982
Place of birth: RUSSIA NOVOSIBIRSKAJa OBL. Novosibirsk
Type of Investigation: FEDERAL (ALERT)
Cause Investigation: hiding from COURT
Search case number: 7779
Date of search case: 17.09.2010
Circular: 2010/478
Date of disappearance: 15.07.2010
Preventive measure: DETENTION
Division declared wanted: police department in the Novosibirsk region. OM №3 ATC Novosibirsk
Date of reception: 04.10.2010
Acquisition time: 10:27:52
Passport Series: Deleted
Passport Number: Deleted

Apparently, he scammed fellow Russians in Thailand too !

I think his Russian victims in Pattaya tipped off the embassy and saw that he got properly arrested.

Edited by manarak

Maybe the cops are taking the junta seriously now regarding corruption. I can't imagine the Pattaya police turning down that much of a bribe. Hell, the guy probably could have walked for 10K a year ago.

• Like 1

I think this is good news. It shows that after the junta took over , you cant just bribe anyone and get away with it.

Thailand is a corrupted country but things are being done to send the bad guys home to a life in prison.

A post discussing forum moderation removed, see this forum rule that members agreed to when signing up...

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Early in the morning security guards of the detention center found Andrei lying unconscious in the cell and called the doctor,” Sosnov said.

Doctors at the scene determined Mr Tsirp died of a cardiac arrest and significant digestive disorder.

Vladimir Sosnov said a full medical examination and investigation are to be carried out concerning the Tsirp case.

Did he die 700000 baht poorer? whistling.gif