Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

"Comparing his features to images captured on CCTV, police were able to ascertain that he was one of the three men in the footage.

He had recently dyed his hair black when originally his hair was dyed blond.

Some blond strands of human hair were found at the scene and were kept as evidence. Police are awaiting DNA test results to confirm their case."

I don't see blond hair on any of the guys on the motor bike. Is this another misleading statement ?

post-40333-14123120216534_thumb.jpg

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these 3 were working on the Island, then their DNA should have been some of the first collected and eliminated. Are they being retested? If so, why?

Is this like a school test, we will keeping testing you until you pass?

Thai PBS reported a few days ago that three hundred DNA samples had been taken. I read a couple of days ago that there were more than 2,000 foreign workers on the island. IF those reports are correct, then they didn't test the DNA of every eligible male on the island. Hopefully, the original murder scene DNA is safe (and uncorruptible) in a Singapore lab and the lab can report if the are sent a suspect's sample that matches. If this weren't Thailand, I would say that there is no way the police have the unmitigated gall to charge these individuals using anything less than DNA evidence corroborated by an outside lab. Confessions are nice but we have heard stories of how Thai police are expert at getting confessions..

The problem here is that they could have sent DNA samples from a cigarette etc that they found 1km away.

Why would they arbitrarily pick up a cigarette butt from a km away? From the first days, it has been reported numerous times that the DNA from the cigarette butt found at the crime scene is a match for one of the semen DNA samples taken from the victim. Even so, if the butt was found 1 km away, what are the odds that it would match DNA from one of those suspects? Personally, I don't think the RTP are smart enough to manipulate DNA evidence... yet.

"Comparing his features to images captured on CCTV, police were able to ascertain that he was one of the three men in the footage.

Some blond strands of human hair were found at the scene and were kept as evidence. Police are awaiting DNA test results to confirm their case."

I don't see blond hair on any of the guys on the motor bike. Is this another misleading statement ?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1412312015.417273.jpg

You should get an eyetest if you don't see that the middle guy has dark blond hair.

So one guy on here reckons 80% of posters on here are convinced this is a set up and these Gus are innocent.

Ok so why don't you 80% have a whip around and hire a lawyer to defend them?

Better still with all your hard evidence that you guys have why don't you present yourself to the nearest police station and pass on all relevant information to the BIB.

They have the guys with confessions and DNA but you so called 80% have evidence that clears them.

Well done police on such a high profile case.

Fair dinkum you blokes would boo Santa !

for an austrailian id thought you have more sense its not one guy there are thousands including Thai nationals

so as a penance go back and read TV again annd this time engage you brain while it is not full of fosters or the like

you have never delt with the police or you would just not be saying this sort of crap

switch DNA confessions beaten out of them (body punches) so nothing shows at the interview

i can only guess you must be a tourist

I suggest people check some of the evidence that's now being made available on CSI LA's Facebook page and don't rely solely on everything you read on Thaivisa.

Agree. Check out this page. https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210?fref=photo

Time for Sean to come out and make a public statement.

If the British Government also has genuine concerns, it's time firstly for the Ambassador in Bangkok to get involved, then David Cameron.

This investigation stinks like SH!T. Thailand the world is waiting and watching.

General IF these are the murders and rapists publish your evidence let the FBI be the neutral party in this. Let then come and DNA test the 3 "suspects" then let them have access to the DNA samples from the diseased ( if not already destroyed).

If they agree with the findings of the RTP I will accept and I will make a public apploigly to the police and certain members of the "elite" on Koh Tao, who I believe are liars and far worse.

With all due respect the whole world is not watching. Some other tourists in other destinations have probably being murdered since these murders... Governments don't really care about the murder of people if they are not part of the Elite and directly related to the government. All they care about is trade and money...

If I were to look at those three pictures objectively, I would say the picture on the left matches more closely. The person on the right (Worat) has very fine, straight hair whereas the Burmese suspect on the left has hair all over the place like the one in the centre.

The direction of the sideburns match more closely with the person on the right.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1412312015.417273.jpg

You should get an eyetest if you don't see that the middle guy has dark blond hair.

The only one with blonde hair is that soi dog/mountain lion thing standing in the middle of the road!

Edited by Tazwa

What trial????

There won't be a trial, only sentencing.

Thats the key, death sentance...means they may well have done it

Jail time means they did not for sure...AC Patsys

We'll see how this pans during the trail, especially if the defense Lawyer does not ask for an independent DNA Test to be performed on his clients

doesnt look like a killer to me, and, if he is a bartender in a club where girls are getting wasted all the time, I doubt he has trouble getting females

NOT BUYIN IT RTP

3 blokes having fun, playing an acoustic guitar must have been in a good mood. Suddenly they become crazed rapists/beasts/murderers.

Also Hannah seems to have been 'staged' into her final position for maximum effect.

post-222614-0-51645900-1412313310_thumb.

There are still too many unanswered questions or loose ends for this to be a simple slam dunk for the police.

1. Why did it take so long to identify and test these 3 suspects ?

2. The word on the street was that everyone there knew who it was but was keeping quiet. Why keep quiet over 3 migrant workers ?

3. The taxi driver allegedly being bribed by the police to give false testimony.

4. Assuming what he said was true (a big if I grant you) then why would local heavies put the heat on Sean McAnna, saying he did it and was going to hang for it ?

5. What about the row/fight in the bar with local Thais earlier that evening ?

Considering the utter mess they are all in I would imagine framing 3 hapless migrant workers who happened to be in the vicinity that night is the least complicated way to end this investigation. Nice and tidy just before high season starts. Independent corroboration of DNA samples is a must before these suspects are condemned for life.

Some post have been removed,including those which are only quotes or with the comment inside the quote. Please make sure that your comment does not appear in a quote from another member.

This can easily happen when using the TV android app. Could be better.

jb1

I don't find it so inconceivable that these men would be capable of doing it: drunk, young, male, poor, illegally employed, drifter, sex deprived, cabin fever (island).

Do thaivisa naysayers accept that such people might commit murder?

Nobody who is poor smokes L&M . Q.E.D.

Plus, it was confirmed the male victim was hit with a blunt instrument. If you're going to hit somebody with a hoe, you sure don't use the handle! Q.E.D.

All a set up.... poor guys.

Not true, what a stupid comment, ' nobody thats poor smokes L&M'

the 3 burmese guys were shown on a cctv footage buying alcohol and L&M cigarettes .

And they worked in a bar, not really poor , they could even afford buying a smart phone, if you look at the latest youtube video when they were caught.

Please do not make your own conclusions when the evidence is already present.

There are still too many unanswered questions or loose ends for this to be a simple slam dunk for the police.

2. The word on the street was that everyone there knew who it was but was keeping quiet. Why keep quiet over 3 migrant workers ?

3. The taxi driver allegedly being bribed by the police to give false testimony.

4. Assuming what he said was true (a big if I grant you) then why would local heavies put the heat on Sean McAnna, saying he did it and was going to hang for it ?

Considering the utter mess they are all in I would imagine framing 3 hapless migrant workers who happened to be in the vicinity that night is the least complicated way to end this investigation. Nice and tidy just before high season starts. Independent corroboration of DNA samples is a must before these suspects are condemned for life.

1. Are in your country murder suspects always arrested the very next day?

2. Could it be that the word on the street was a word from tv finest

3. Maybe the taxi driver wanted his 5 minutes of fame

4. Because Sean McAnna was accusing them ?

5. Rows in bars are a nightly event in tourist areas, very few result in murders.

Any more considerations just give a shout, or wait, maybe you just don't like to hear the truth.

So one guy on here reckons 80% of posters on here are convinced this is a set up and these Gus are innocent.

Good idea, and we're working on that. Unfortunately, even a good lawyer wouldn't get a chance to declare anything. It's a foregone conclusion and there won't be any trial. An admission of guilt = guilty. No matter whether the admission came under duress or promises of big money.

Better still with all your hard evidence that you guys have why don't you present yourself to the nearest police station and pass on all relevant information to the BIB. Well done police on such a high profile case.

Sure, and when we're done doing that, we'll march off to Tibet to demand it get its sovereignty back. And after than, we'll go talk to Fat Boy Kim and demand he be nicer to his people.

I believe the Thai police have done a wonderful job in apprehending these monsters, they have pulled out all stops and whistles in this case, no one could have done more.

If you're gearing up to be a comedian, let me suggest: keep your day job.

Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.

I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.

I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210?fref=ts

Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.

I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.

I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism.

You know that the person behind the CSI LA facebook page is one of Thaivisa finest, don't you?

1. Are in your country murder suspects always arrested the very next day?

2. Could it be that the word on the street was a word from tv finest

3. Maybe the taxi driver wanted his 5 minutes of fame

4. Because Sean McAnna was accusing them ?

5. Rows in bars are a nightly event in tourist areas, very few result in murders.

Any more considerations just give a shout, or wait, maybe you just don't like to hear the truth.

You may be right but who can know anything for certain with the complete and utter shambles that we've witnessed over the past weeks, and that is the point. You may have 100% confidence in the RTP, I and I'm sure many others don't. If they were so competent how come so many people contamintated the crime scene, how come so many unprofessional statements leaked by the police over the course of the investigation ? We all know how things work in Thailand. Money rules. The suspects may indeed have done it but Thailand's dubious reputation will always precede it and because of that I for one can never fully have confidence in anything to do with the law and true justice here.

"I can't hold it (the truth) in any longer"

"the murderers are not Burmese"

"that's all I want to say"

Geez, thanks for that! If you know the truth, then say who did it. This person did not post under their own name by the way.

They apparently found her mobile phone in one of their rooms... What more do you people want !! If all think they are innocent, then help them

This is news to me, if the phone they found belonged to Hannah, and was in one of the burmese rooms , we can stop speculating.

Unless you think someone planted the phone there , then just carry on speculating all you want.

Please Miss Marple, get active !!

there were a report on the autopsie of the victims,

it said: 2 different weapans were used,

a hoe on the lady, and some kind of wooden part on the male, which could not be found !!

but now we hear, he did use " only the hoe !!

Interesting case :

They apparently found her mobile phone in one of their rooms... What more do you people want !! If all think they are innocent, then help them

This is news to me, if the phone they found belonged to Hannah, and was in one of the burmese rooms , we can stop speculating.

Unless you think someone planted the phone there , then just carry on speculating all you want.

yeh because you are going to stay on the island & keep somebody's iphone that they have bludgeoned to death. You do know there is an app that traces iphones?

What trial????

There won't be a trial, only sentencing.

Thats the key, death sentance...means they may well have done it

Jail time means they did not for sure...AC Patsys

We'll see how this pans during the trail, especially if the defense Lawyer does not ask for an independent DNA Test to be performed on his clients

Assuming there is a trial, which is doubtful. Another doubtful assumption is the 3 Burmese will get a decent attorney.

death sentance...means they may well have done it

again, doubtful. because death sentence means they can't use the money they've been paid to falsely admit guilt.

Jail time means they did not for sure..

Jail time means they were offered a deal by the cops and/or village headman saying something like: "if you plead guilty, I promise you will not get death penalty." Happens often in Thailand.

Better still with all your hard evidence that you guys have why don't you present yourself to the nearest police station and pass on all relevant information to the BIB.

They have the guys with confessions and DNA but you so called 80% have evidence that clears them.

Well done police on such a high profile case.

Fair dinkum you blokes would boo Santa !

for an austrailian id thought you have more sense its not one guy there are thousands including Thai nationals

so as a penance go back and read TV again annd this time engage you brain while it is not full of fosters or the like

you have never delt with the police or you would just not be saying this sort of crap

switch DNA confessions beaten out of them (body punches) so nothing shows at the interview

i can only guess you must be a tourist

I suggest people check some of the evidence that's now being made available on CSI LA's Facebook page and don't rely solely on everything you read on Thaivisa.

Agree. Check out this page. https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210?fref=photo

Sadly I don't read Thai.

What I did notice though, It might not really mean much. On all of the cctv shots (csi la) that I saw the time/date was all the same colour as in white or amber, on the photos that the Thai guys lawyer presented the date/time was a mixture of black and white. Would this be normal. Not that it would make any difference as we now have the culprits??

jb1